+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Am0n

Thread: What is your "Ideal" setup for PvP?

Default What is your "Ideal" setup for PvP?

First off, my favorite thing would be to have no such thing as PvP/PvE Servers.

- Each server is an interactive world, with a certain area on the map that you go to and when you cross a certain line it will not allow you to without saying you understand that you are now in a PvP zone.

- Within this zone the form of reward is Risk:Reward, meaning there will be a requirement in a given monetary value that you are required to have on you to enter this zone. When you kill someone they will lose what they have, or a percentage, and you can pick it up. If you die it works vice versa.

- Certain areas within this zone will be multi way combat (meaning you can work as a team with friends) and others will be single. If you aren't grouped you can still roam multi zone, but don't expect any fair fights.

- Leaderboards for this area. Lifetime kills, most kills in the day, most kills in the week, most kills in the month, most kills in a year, most money earned via kills.

Secondly no factions!

- Your allegiance will depend solely on what guild/clan you are in (PvP) if a game development team would like to have factions make it PvE only, and only effect what NPC's are friendly towards you and what questlines you follow.

Third an area for GvG (Guild V Guild)

- In this area the leader of a guild can challenge another leader, a menu pops up that both have control of to arrange the rules for the fight. When both sides agree to a ruleset they are ported to an instanced battlefield. Other members of the Party/Raid get a message to enter.

- Optional Risk:Reward. Maybe you want bragging rights, and want to fight in your best gear. Have Risk:Reward turned off. Maybe you have a grudge against another guild, and want to make them eat dirt. Turn Risk:Reward on.

- The power to choose whether the fight will be matched, or a full out where you bring as many people as you can pull into the battle with you. (I would prefer matched fights, but some would like to rely on numbers)

- Seperate leaderboards displaying most wins, most loses, best W/L ratio, worst W/L ratio. Most Risk:Reward wins, Most Risk:Reward loses, most matched fights won, most full outs won. All displayed on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly kind of deal.

- Possibility of community ran events, as well as developer ran events, possibly for in game fluff?

A place to make bets on duels!

- Much like GvG ruleset selection, but for the leader of a party, or individuals.

- be it 1v1 or 5v5, in this zone you can set rules much like the GvG zone, but you can also bet money or loot.

- Seperate Leaderboard displaying most value earned, most value lost, most wins, most loses.

Thoughts? What would you like to see?
    "You lost me at Balance"

Sounds like you want runescape...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Sounds like you want runescape...
    I do with better graphics. What is wrong with that? I honestly think Runescape has the best PvP system out of any MMO. Yet it has to be Java based, and browser ran. If it wasn't that is probably where I would be
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-24-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

i have to wear sunglasses to read this >.<
    blue/green/yellow > red font plx

Prophet of Telara

2-warriors, 2-clerics and a MM in 1.7 for 5v5. In 1.8 dont know yet, wait we talking about something else?

I'd like Eve Online in a fantasy setting

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    2-warriors, 2-clerics and a MM in 1.7 for 5v5. In 1.8 dont know yet, wait we talking about something else?
    In 1.8 you want 5 Warriors
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    In 1.8 you want 5 Warriors
    ^ this pretty much (and no, not kidding).

After running into so many war melee trains these last few days 5 wars could work now!

One premade was running triple warrior and I was melting.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Just some thoughts. Flame on.

No factions; guild vs guild with alliances.

Every wardstone is a cappable objective. Bonuses for stones controlled. Weekly primetime resets of all stones (land-grab PvP). Hireable defensive NPCs--their kills (pc or npc) give xp/favor/pres to whoever paid for them (can be hired by individuals or guilds).

Powerful wardstone defenses. Solo/duo players not enough to cap.

Integrated voice chat with vote-mute.

Lootable corpses (coin, non-souldbound items).

Lose the use of a piece of armor for X hours every time you die. Can pay to get it back after X/2 hours.

Core wardstones with larger bonuses.

Connect-the-dots, onslaught-style (ut2k4) wardstone capping--can't just go the stones you want and take them, have to control area leading up to them.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 03-25-2012 at 09:00 AM.

My sig.

(filler)
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Do we get shrooms with all of that? Because that's what we'll need.

+ Reply to Thread