+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are the implications of HoT's not stacking really that bad?

Default Are the implications of HoT's not stacking really that bad?

(PVP VIEWPOINT) I mean, you can still have 4x Soothing stream, healing spray, healing flood, healing current and (if you spec for it: ) lasting invocation on a target right? Or am I not understanding it right? Because even a few of those above HoTs can make a target excessively hard to kill for the average DPS.

So the question is; do you really think the QQ is justified? Or will you simply live with it and accept that there have been more game-changing nerfs for pvp than not being able to have 8x Soothing stream any more...

And a sub question: Would you accept a nerf whereby the only HoT stacking change was that Healing Flood doesn't stack?
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

I don't even think that's the biggest problem at the moment.

The force 51 is really not making much sense, kinda like the rest of this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I don't even think that's the biggest problem at the moment.

The force 51 is really not making much sense, kinda like the rest of this patch.
    Can you elaborate please? I assume you mean forced from sentward to 51ward for stronger HoTs to make up for the loss of cross healing via hots right?
    Last edited by Soul sky; 03-24-2012 at 02:59 PM.

I think he means that a 51 warden with 100 spellpower could overwrite all the HoTs of any non-51 warden with 2000 spell power. So basically, it kills any build that used Warden but was not a 51 point warden in the event that a 51 warden is present in the group.

As to the original question, I think a lot of the complaints are because of the fact that Warden has been the defacto PvP healer for over a year. To change something after so long is going to be hard to adjust to for some people. Personally, I hated the 16 stacks of SS but if I saw that, I simply switched targets to someone else and gunned em down ASAP so I think the real issue was a L2P issue. Therefore, I feel the nerf is unwarranted. On the bright side, since this is going to make clerics not play healer in warfronts, I'll be able to run Sabo for some lolz for a while and not feel 100% worthless.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 03-24-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    I think he means that a 51 warden with 100 spellpower could overwrite all the HoTs of any non-51 warden with 2000 spell power. So basically, it kills any build that used Warden but was not a 51 point warden in the event that a 51 warden is present in the group.

As to the original question, I think a lot of the complaints are because of the fact that Warden has been the defacto PvP healer for over a year. To change something after so long is going to be hard to adjust to for some people. Personally, I hated the 16 stacks of SS but if I saw that, I simply switched targets to someone else and gunned em down ASAP so I think the real issue was a L2P issue. Therefore, I feel the nerf is unwarranted. On the bright side, since this is going to make clerics not play healer in warfronts, I'll be able to run Sabo for some lolz for a while and not feel 100% worthless.
    So the priority for HoT's will be whoever has more into Warden? Ok. That would be annoying to see a fresh 50 healer in green gear overwriting your healing flood and ripple HoTs.

+ Reply to Thread