+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "WTB Heals" after 1.8

  1. #1
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default "WTB Heals" after 1.8

    Cause I'm going DPS (every time), if it is as bad as it was the last time they nerfed heals. Hope they do a better job, this time. So, all those calling for the nerfs on heals...don't be the the guy that whines "WTB heals" in the WFs and be prepared to doing A LOT of running from the graveyards...lol

  2. #2
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Cause I'm going DPS (every time), if it is as bad as it was the last time they nerfed heals. Hope they do a better job, this time. So, all those calling for the nerfs on heals...don't be the the guy that whines "WTB heals" in the WFs and be prepared to doing A LOT of running from the graveyards...lol
    Rumor has it changes were reverted. Don't stress yet.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  3. #3
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Rumor has it changes were reverted. Don't stress yet.
    Iunno, it's deliberately written in engrish for some reason.

    I'm not too sure what the notes actually mean.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Iunno, it's deliberately written in engrish for some reason.

    I'm not too sure what the notes actually mean.
    Yeah I took it the same way. Its a little ray of light though.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  5. #5
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Rumor has it changes were reverted. Don't stress yet.
    I hope so, I like to heal...but if I can only barely heal myself, it's hard to do it for the team. Keep'n the hope alive

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    I will still heal but expect your health to pop up and down alot now, better kill them quick.

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    they were not reverted. I first read the notes and thought they were as well and thought - "it is nice to see a company realize it made a mistake and revert the change before making it to live servers".

    Sadly all they did was tweak it slightly.

    I could be wrong here - but I believe they are going to start their own stack and knock /one/ of yours off. However, they are not going to "take over the entire stack" as I believe was happening before. ~Daglar
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    They slid the awesome dial too low and are trying to slowly slide it towards awesome, but doing it apprehensively.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    mage heals are getting improved also though. The days of clerics being the only healer are over.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Ajax1114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Those who would go DPS now just because healing got a nerf clearly don't understand their class at all and probably hated healing in the first place.

    But I suppose the point is that all those people complaining about healing better get their priorities straight and stop complaining... cause otherwise they won't get any healing exclamation mark one one

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara Sykk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    mage heals are getting improved also though. The days of clerics being the only healer are over.
    that's cool, they can take some of that focus off us
    been healing undetected for quite some time now
    i've seen mages pull off top heals on the opp team w/o ever getting marked

  12. #12
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Those who would go DPS now just because healing got a nerf clearly don't understand their class at all and probably hated healing in the first place.

    But I suppose the point is that all those people complaining about healing better get their priorities straight and stop complaining... cause otherwise they won't get any healing exclamation mark one one
    I don't hate healing and I understand the class, I give up big numbers (to cleanse, etc). However, last time they nerfed us, I could barely keep myself up (much less anyone else). It may come down to the FEW that keep healing, that team has more of them is what makes the difference (and there will still be QQ about it). I give up achievements and probably a lot favor to heal (as is). DPS is more "fun" and allows for more said achievements in PvP (and better favor, I believe). And YES there are achievements that call for being able to kill another player while carrying an object, that a full healer typically will not be able to do (overall). The Warden spec does give up DPS (achievements, etc) to heal effectively.

    PPL do need to look at the big picture and what they "believe" clerics roles "should" be ...but then then complain they can't 1-2 to shot them in 1v1...

  13. #13
    Telaran Zardoyi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    I don't hate healing and I understand the class, I give up big numbers (to cleanse, etc). However, last time they nerfed us, I could barely keep myself up (much less anyone else). It may come down to the FEW that keep healing, that team has more of them is what makes the difference (and there will still be QQ about it). I give up achievements and probably a lot favor to heal (as is). DPS is more "fun" and allows for more said achievements in PvP (and better favor, I believe). And YES there are achievements that call for being able to kill another player while carrying an object, that a full healer typically will not be able to do (overall). The Warden spec does give up DPS (achievements, etc) to heal effectively.

    PPL do need to look at the big picture and what they "believe" clerics roles "should" be ...but then then complain they can't 1-2 to shot them in 1v1...
    No ones complained about not being able to 1-2 shot anyone. People dislike WFs that have 3-4 wardens all cross healing (while bunny hopping ) and causing stale games.

    Heals are needed in WF's but currently healing is simply TOO powerful when all the heals are crossing. 1v1 / 1v2 isnt the issue.

    Its when you see muliple wardens stacking hots in smaller confined matchs . Library / BG ect... Places where heals out pace both teams dps.
    Rift PVP - Where Skill means Nothing and gear means everything~

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer rantology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    720

    Default

    The change was not reverted and the mechanics of it were made needlessly more confusing and it's arguably worse than it was before. :/
    afk tera.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    that's cool with me... apparently you guys never seen my ranged warrior video...ill be behind you dps clerics kiting away.
    Last edited by kaspurtz; 03-24-2012 at 06:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts