+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Zarbane
  • 1 Post By Charlice

Thread: Easiest way to fix the Twink problem is to put them into their own separate Que.

Rift Chaser

Default Easiest way to fix the Twink problem is to put them into their own separate Que.

I have all 4 of my classes at lvl 50 so I am done with the sub 50 game. But any new subscribers that want the enjoyment of leveling up through pvp won't be able to as every bracket will have its own twink population. Easiest thing to do is instead of nerfing equipment or equipment choices of twinks is to put them together. Anyone with XP lock on gets put into WFs with other players that are also XP locked.

/agreed
    lame that a newer game would repeat the mistakes of an older one

Telaran

It seems like a good idea, but unfortunately it will not work. I just leveled through the WFs in the Deepstrike cluster twice after XP locking went live. There really are not that many locked toons in each WF, and the complaints are exaggerated - at least from my experience.

If you separate queues you might as well just remove XP locking from pvp. I assume Trion already knows this just by a quick glance at the stats.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kasr View Post
    It seems like a good idea, but unfortunately it will not work. I just leveled through the WFs in the Deepstrike cluster twice after XP locking went live. There really are not that many locked toons in each WF, and the complaints are exaggerated - at least from my experience.

If you separate queues you might as well just remove XP locking from pvp. I assume Trion already knows this just by a quick glance at the stats.
    This hit the nail on the head.

There is maybe 1 twink for every 10-11 non twinks from what ive seen. The real problem with pvp is that it seers emotions much deeper than pve.
    Last edited by yayoh; 03-23-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

pgb
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    I have all 4 of my classes at lvl 50 so I am done with the sub 50 game. But any new subscribers that want the enjoyment of leveling up through pvp won't be able to as every bracket will have its own twink population. Easiest thing to do is instead of nerfing equipment or equipment choices of twinks is to put them together. Anyone with XP lock on gets put into WFs with other players that are also XP locked.
    im new and tbh regreted buying the game every wf i did leveling had at least 2 twinks which is game breaking no skill can stop you been 2 shot and the twink excuse well you can make 1 fact is we dont wanna stay that level any longer than we have 2 we just whant to level which was a horrible experiance of getin 2 shot over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    /agreed
    lame that a newer game would repeat the mistakes of an older one
    It depends which 'old game' you're looking at though.
    In EQ2 it was just the norm. Twinking made lower lvl battlegrounds, well, healthy.

However there isn't really a gear grind in EQ2 PvP. There is only one set of gear. (sort of)

EQ2 the difference was in level of spells/abilities, and AA (PA)

Some people enjoy PvP/warfronts enough to have toons in each bracket. Soon all that will be left in lower level warfronts (IMO) is twinks. I guess then at least all this fuss will be done with.

It just needs fine tuning on Trions part. The faction runes should have a level, and augments should be tiered.
    Twinking again in my opinion, should only be available with gear that is available to all players regardless of whether they have high level alts or not.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    It just needs fine tuning on Trions part. The faction runes should have a level, and augments should be tiered.
    Twinking again in my opinion, should only be available with gear that is available to all players regardless of whether they have high level alts or not.
    This, especially the part about faction runes and augments. Those items were never intended to be used on lower level gear, and should not be allowed. That seems an easy fix from a coding standpoint.

The advent of locking experience has revitalized lowbie warfronts. It should stay.

+ Reply to Thread