+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Fantasy

Soulwalker

Default Mage Fantasy

I'd like to know mage specs that would allow me to blow somebody up.My inspiration was when on my rogue 50 i got single handedly destroyed by some kind of mega 2 hit annihilation beam.I'd like to return the favor with my mage in training but lack the wisdom.Remember my goal here is to make a mage so powerful it'll make somebody cry when one shoted

Quote Originally Posted by RulyThree View Post
    Remember my goal here is to make a mage so powerful it'll make somebody cry when one shoted
    I am really not sure about mage specs but I would much rather a mage kill me in a couple seconds then rez and go back out than have a mage harass me with ti/mb/ss and mana drain or sheep me keeping me busy for ages.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

I'd like to know mage specs that would allow me to blow somebody up.My inspiration was when on my rogue 50 i got single handedly destroyed by some kind of mega 2 hit annihilation beam.I'd like to return the favor with my mage in training but lack the wisdom.Remember my goal here is to make a mage so powerful it'll make somebody cry when one shoted
    My good sir, you have met what they call a pyro/dom. The scenario most likely played out something like this: Mage: squirreled, You: trinket, Mage:squirreled storm shackle, You:trinket sit there for a second. Mage: instant cast cinder burst, quick cast fireball, inferno: you: dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    My good sir, you have met what they call a pyro/dom. The scenario most likely played out something like this: Mage: squirreled, You: trinket, Mage:squirreled storm shackle, You:trinket sit there for a second. Mage: instant cast cinder burst, quick cast fireball, inferno: you: dead.
    15 seconds = 1 second.

Logic.

Honestly not many classes are ridiculously overpowered relative to others in Rift. I mean, they all have their own ways of skinning the cat and some ways fit different peoples playstyle better and thus they perform better. But really someone who loves their class, any DPS spec calling I have seen get pretty nasty. Mage, rogue, warriors, clerics. I've seen all of them spec DPS and make me cry as a r40 player. If you love the calling and how it works, you will make it happen.

Even as a rogue I can see among varied specs for my class, some I am no good at others perform great on. I would suspect it's not too dissimilar with mages. I bet theres a lot of specs that can make it happen and that it mostly relies on how fluid that spec works with the user. All cars can be driven fast and well, but not all people drive all cars as good as other types.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-23-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread