+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaspurtz

Thread: Next tier of PVP gear

Default Next tier of PVP gear

When is this going to happen? With 1.8 and ID dropping next week I believe (or the following week), when will PVP gear get a symmetrical increase? I'm hoping the devs have just forgotten to mention something about it, or I've missed a thread somewhere. When HK was released, they set a precedent - when new raid tiers are released, PVP tiers will be released to match.

Also, how about new soul-specific synergy crystals? Something that keeps the HP/SP/AP/Vengeance of the current crystals, but adds one effect specific to a soul. Would give us some flavor, and a dump for favor.

I'll save the relic discussion for another time...
    Last edited by bear_on_the_job; 03-23-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Rift Chaser

i want new pvp gear and i want it now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    When is this going to happen? With 1.8 and ID dropping next week I believe (or the following week), when will PVP gear get a symmetrical increase? I'm hoping the devs have just forgotten to mention something about it, or I've missed a thread somewhere. When HK was released, they set a precedent - when new raid tiers are released, PVP tiers will be released to match.

Also, how about new soul-specific synergy crystals? Something that keeps the HP/SP/AP/Vengeance of the current crystals, but adds one effect specific to a soul. Would give us some flavor, and a dump for favor.

I'll save the relic discussion for another time...
    they gonna have to do something to make it so people wont bring there newly acquired pvp gear into ID. It's really not that hard for them to figure out what to do about this, but if they dont add new pvp gear, expect to see ID gear in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    they gonna have to do something to make it so people wont bring there newly acquired pvp gear into ID. It's really not that hard for them to figure out what to do about this, but if they dont add new pvp gear, expect to see ID gear in PvP.
    I personally never saw an issue with bringing the PVP gear to raids. The PVP gear was better than the previous tier's raid gear, but it wasn't as good as the new tier's gear. HK vendor items were better for PVE than P8 items (P36 now or something...). Plus you lacked the hit needed for the content, so you couldn't use a full set of PVP gear. It gave you an advantage, but not an overwhelming one, and that should be expected if you invest the time ranking up in PVP.

Besides, the gating factor of new raid content is almost always raid awareness and coordination. The increased stats from the 1/2 set of PVP gear you brought is certainly not enough to trivialize the encounters. I am just concerned that ID gear will quickly outpace PVP gear and we will be repeating issues we've already had in the past. This is a simple process that Trion should be aware of at this point - when you bump a PVE tier, you bump a PVP tier to match.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    I personally never saw an issue with bringing the PVP gear to raids. The PVP gear was better than the previous tier's raid gear, but it wasn't as good as the new tier's gear. HK vendor items were better for PVE than P8 items (P36 now or something...). Plus you lacked the hit needed for the content, so you couldn't use a full set of PVP gear. It gave you an advantage, but not an overwhelming one, and that should be expected if you invest the time ranking up in PVP.

Besides, the gating factor of new raid content is almost always raid awareness and coordination. The increased stats from the 1/2 set of PVP gear you brought is certainly not enough to trivialize the encounters. I am just concerned that ID gear will quickly outpace PVP gear and we will be repeating issues we've already had in the past. This is a simple process that Trion should be aware of at this point - when you bump a PVE tier, you bump a PVP tier to match.
    What should happen:

Take valor off all pvp gear, give our pvp crystal a new stat. x/x pieces of pvp gear grants you all valor bonus you should receive from the gear. Problem solved.

If people wanna wear at least one piece of pve gear, then they shall suffer the fact that they have no valor now. Harsh? Maybe, maybe not. Depends if you are looking at it from a true pvp'ers perspective or a casual pvp'ers perspective.

+ Reply to Thread