+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 362
Like Tree153Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: GM: "Twinks are a Problem"

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Lloyd Buckley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default GM: "Twinks are a Problem"

    On my shard, a GM said in chat something to the affect of, "We are aware of how twinks are making others unhappy in the game and consider it an issue. We will be addressing the issue in the future."

    Discuss.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Buckley View Post
    On my shard, a GM said in chat something to the affect of, "We are aware of how twinks are making others unhappy in the game and consider it an issue. We will be addressing the issue in the future."

    Discuss.
    pics or it didnt happen.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    I hope they put the twinks in their own queue. I would be willing to bet their population would be cut by 80% if that happened though, because as soon as they have a challenge they would give up (except for the 1 in 5 or so that do it for the fun of limited specs etc . . . ). Of course then queue times are a problem . . so if they are waiting for more than 5 minutes, just put them in with the R1-R25 level 50's and give them a taste of what they are doing to others.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Buckley View Post
    On my shard, a GM said in chat something to the affect of, "We are aware of how twinks are making others unhappy in the game and consider it an issue. We will be addressing the issue in the future."

    Discuss.
    Translation:

    We are aware 90% of our population does not know how to PvP or in game mechanics. We are finding it increasingly difficult to make this game any easier and are troubled by the level of stupidity we have seen. All items used in "twinking" are available to the same people that say it is a problem, yet we have to pour more resources into dumbing things down since most players haven't figured out the fact that they also can get these same items.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    The practical benefits of gearing a character and locking xp are the ability to farm favor before stepping up to level 50 and/or avoiding the level 50 grind altogether. If Trion were to segregate queues to keep "twinks" out of leveling brackets with non-twinks, the benefits would be entirely lost. I haven't done anything with my cleric or mage in a couple of weeks (both are geared and xp locked at 49) but the last time I was in a pre-50 warfront, there weren't nearly enough geared characters to keep matches running. At all. If you're looking at a minimum match requirement of 5 players on each team, queues would be measured in hours, not seconds/minutes like they are now, and that is not a solution.

    I'm still a proponent of bolstering valor for pre-50 warfronts to take the edge off of geared character potency. Beyond that, I think taking a sledgehammer to a problem that only requires a screwdriver to fix would be a tremendous mistake on Trion's part.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    The only way they can truly address the issue is to find new players that have common sense. Then they wouldn't need to do a single thing to fix an issue that doesn't exist.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    The practical benefits of gearing a character and locking xp are the ability to farm favor before stepping up to level 50 and/or avoiding the level 50 grind altogether. If Trion were to segregate queues to keep "twinks" out of leveling brackets with non-twinks, the benefits would be entirely lost. I haven't done anything with my cleric or mage in a couple of weeks (both are geared and xp locked at 49) but the last time I was in a pre-50 warfront, there weren't nearly enough geared characters to keep matches running. At all. If you're looking at a minimum match requirement of 5 players on each team, queues would be measured in hours, not seconds/minutes like they are now, and that is not a solution.

    I'm still a proponent of bolstering valor for pre-50 warfronts to take the edge off of geared character potency. Beyond that, I think taking a sledgehammer to a problem that only requires a screwdriver to fix would be a tremendous mistake on Trion's part.
    There's a difference between locked exp and twinks. The "practical benefits" you speak of can still be achieved if they moved twinks to a separate bracket.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    who cares anymore really? Its always something with pvp in this game, people will look for some excuse for failure rather than looking in the mirror first.

    /shrug.

    Im done commenting on twink threads. If you want me to stop twinking, pay my 15$ a month sub.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    There's a difference between locked exp and twinks. The "practical benefits" you speak of can still be achieved if they moved twinks to a separate bracket.
    Move players that chose to wear better gear than me into a different bracket because I am too lazy to get the same gear.

    Wow.. what a playerbase this is....

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    who cares anymore really? Its always something with pvp in this game, people will look for some excuse for failure rather than looking in the mirror first.

    /shrug.

    Im done commenting on twink threads. If you want me to stop twinking, pay my 15$ a month sub.
    No one is asking you to stop twinking. By all means continue away. They're asking for the queues to be separate. Keep in mind, you don't pay their 15$ a month either.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 03-23-2012 at 07:40 AM.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    No one is asking you to stop twinking. By all means continue away. They're asking for the queues to be separate. Keep in mind, you don't pay their 15$ a month either.
    Separate from what? The players with common sense and knowledge?



    This is what it sounds like to me..

    Trion, please make a separate bracket for good players and players that have common sense and another for the bads..

    I thinks it worth payng my sub not to play, but to get my laughs off at all of you!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Move players that chose to wear better gear than me into a different bracket because I am too lazy to get the same gear.

    Wow.. what a playerbase this is....
    Yeah that's it right there

    While we're at it, let's go by way of SwTOR and combine the queue's of the leveling and the twinks with that of fully geared R40's...I mean it's the same thing right.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 03-23-2012 at 07:44 AM.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Another AMAZING thing.. I love how they say it hurts new players, but yet ITS ONLY coming from the people that accounts since Beta.. I don't think new players even know whats going on.

    Sounds to me like some don't even have enough sense to make a lie seem somewhat realistic even..

    Jokers..

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Separate from what? The players with common sense and knowledge?



    This is what it sounds like to me..

    Trion, please make a separate bracket for good players and players that have common sense and another for the bads..

    I thinks it worth payng my sub not to play, but to get my laughs off at all of you!
    So you're a proponent then of combining the leveling queues and twinks with that of maxed level R40's? Hell, let's do it.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    Yeah that's it right there

    While we're at it, let's go by way of SwTOR and combine the queue's of the leveling and the twinks with that of fully geared R40's...I mean it's the same thing right.
    Did you just compare a r40 fully geared to a level 39 twink?
    You do know that a L39 can not get the same gear a r40 can while the complainers in the L30 bracket can all use the same exact gear the twink uses??

    Please make a logical comparison

    Yep, your a winner alright.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts