+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Treks
  • 1 Post By Serebus

Thread: Boring warfronts

Telaran

Default Boring warfronts

How many times can you do the same thing before you get sick and tired of it? I have done each of them at least 200 times. We take it forgranted that pvp will look a little different each time because you are playing against other players, but come on, something new please, and i dont mean a new map either.
    I am sure This has been said many times before.
    1. Persistent warfront with long term objectives
    2. Creative use of mercenary mechanics. Capture/convert players, betryal, etc...
    3. No-gear warfronts. Where all your gear contributions are removed, and you rely on your skill and experience only.
    4. Vehicles and artillery in the warfront
    5. RvR invasions
    6. Destructible environmental elements.
    7. Alternate modes of transport. Teleports, catapaults, etc.
    8. Rifts in warfronts. They are what this game was based on, right? They are completely absent from warfronts, not even a hint.
    also, as their number increases, dont have them all available at once. If you have 10 wf, have 5 available at any time, so your choices will be different every night.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Treks View Post
    How many times can you do the same thing before you get sick and tired of it? I have done each of them at least 200 times. We take it forgranted that pvp will look a little different each time because you are playing against other players, but come on, something new please, and i dont mean a new map either.
    2. Creative use of mercenary mechanics. Capture/convert players, betryal, etc...
    3. No-gear warfronts. Where all your gear contributions are removed, and you rely on your skill and experience only.
    5. RvR invasions
    8. Rifts in warfronts. They are what this game was based on, right? They are completely absent from warfronts, not even a hint.
    also, as their number increases, dont have them all available at once. If you have 10 wf, have 5 available at any time, so your choices will be different every night.
    All these ideas sounds great. I hope i at least see some new pvp content before i leave.

they would just steal all the clerics lol

this would be cool though if i could surrender back to my faction
    to capture one you'd have to give up someone else right?
    Last edited by Sykk; 03-23-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

I really hope you've never played multiplayer on an FPS.
    Even free cost too much now

Telaran

Nope, rift is my first pvp experience. For the most part im pretty happy with rift's pvp. I also like prime ribs, but having it every night for 6 months..., it gets kinda boring.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner.
    TY!!!!

since wardens are getting nerfed/buffed? im going to put in a nerf for you son. gonna make some long thought out thread and pay the forum PVP'rs to make my points seem valid. oh and tell boffur how he like those fireballs, payback for him sniping me every time im in range.

~ anyway as for the topic at hand it would be great to see meaningful PVP but i think that "possible" boat has long sailed sadly. Last time we got so called meaninful PVP we got PVP rifts which flopped within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post
    im going to put in a nerf for you son.
    Not sure if you saw my yell yesterday but I said our friendship was over after you killed me in ~ four seconds. Next time wait the typical 6-8 second time frame that it takes a dps to kill and I will feel better!

Bofurr is a meanie he kills me too fast as well when we run across one another.

But back to topic a lot of these ideas are nice but have been mentioned quite a few times in the past all the way back to last March. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do a few pvp things either before or right around the same time that GW2 comes out.
    Last edited by Baramos; 03-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

5. RvR invasions
    1. I'd love if this was possible. This is basically the concept of a 'server' in a first person shooter. A dedicated server that runs maps/a map and people come and go and it has a limit. I have no idea if an MMO could pull off a concept like 'dedicated map servers'.

2. This would be pretty awesome...but I imagine it would cause imbalance fast if you could start taking players for your own team. Plus, if you are a 20 person raid o.O

3. I call it Quake 3/Quakelive, others have their own names for this.

4. If they could pull it off right. *imagines running people over in the tank level in Goldeneye 64*

5. Not even sure what this is, can't comment.

6. Do you mean like a storm that has lightning that can strike and kill you? Or do you mean like breaking holes in walls with attacks (like that FPS Red Faction did back in the day)

7. Soul recalls/portal gates are not porting? I guess I'm not sure what you mean by this. I know in Eq2 to get to the back of the Zek zone you could do the catapult quest and it launched you to the back of the zone Only thing that comes to mind.

8. If they use pve styled rift's it'll just turn into more Port Scion flavored different. I don't think pve mobs in warfronts works well. Technically stuff like Whitefall escalation is 'a rift' event where the storm stones are appearing, but I hear you. It's not like you feel like your completing a rift in any fashion, there is just a graphic image that looks like one going on over your head. PvP rifts were rather 1 dimensional though, so if they try to throw 'rifts' into pvp again I hope they come back with a clever new plan. The old one wasn't god awful, but it wasn't a major hit either.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    1. I'd love if this was possible. This is basically the concept of a 'server' in a first person shooter. A dedicated server that runs maps/a map and people come and go and it has a limit. I have no idea if an MMO could pull off a concept like 'dedicated map servers'.

2. This would be pretty awesome...but I imagine it would cause imbalance fast if you could start taking players for your own team. Plus, if you are a 20 person raid o.O

3. I call it Quake 3/Quakelive, others have their own names for this.

4. If they could pull it off right. *imagines running people over in the tank level in Goldeneye 64*

5. Not even sure what this is, can't comment.

6. Do you mean like a storm that has lightning that can strike and kill you? Or do you mean like breaking holes in walls with attacks (like that FPS Red Faction did back in the day)

7. Soul recalls/portal gates are not porting? I guess I'm not sure what you mean by this. I know in Eq2 to get to the back of the Zek zone you could do the catapult quest and it launched you to the back of the zone Only thing that comes to mind.

8. If they use pve styled rift's it'll just turn into more Port Scion flavored different. I don't think pve mobs in warfronts works well. Technically stuff like Whitefall escalation is 'a rift' event where the storm stones are appearing, but I hear you. It's not like you feel like your completing a rift in any fashion, there is just a graphic image that looks like one going on over your head. PvP rifts were rather 1 dimensional though, so if they try to throw 'rifts' into pvp again I hope they come back with a clever new plan. The old one wasn't god awful, but it wasn't a major hit either.
    Sorry i wasnt clear enough.
    5. By rvr i mean a scenario, where you could draw teams from individual servers like gw2, though i think this would potentially have serious balance issues
    6. Both kinds. Also the potntial to bring down structures as a means of damaging opponents
    7. By this i meant other ways of getting around warfront than walking or mounted. such as teleporter nodes that can zoom you from one end of the map to the other and you could potentially fight for control of these nodes also.
    8. By this one i meant simple rifts with npc characters hostile to both sides. Closing these rifts will give you buffs/ debuff the other side and while closing them you would be vulnerable to attacks by the other team. None of the lemming runs of the open world pvp rifts.

The point is that, there are limitless possibilities to make new exciting warfronts to keep everyone interested.

Bronade@Seastone Level 50 <The Fallen Sons>
    Serebus@Seastone Level 21 <The Fallen Sons>
    Fifa@Seastone Level 50 n/a
    Craptain@Derpstrike Level 50 <Server Police>

I'm a returning player and I have to agree, things are pretty much the same when I left, but I do feel things are a bit more balanced. The only fun I find is World PvP but as usually it is always the same theme, who ever has the most numbers usually wins and the loosing team get disinterested and leave group.

I been with Rift since they 1st launched, and hope they bring in more PvP content in hopes it will keep us returning players interested.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebus View Post
    In a realistic world the idea of 5 instead of 6 would be better but because of the recent downpour in PvE content this game will never go that far.
    Tigar (50 Rogue)(P12)(9/11HK)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Dame (49 Cleric)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Loser (50 Mage)(P4)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Deceased (19 Rogue)(Twink)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Deputy (39 Warrior)(Twink)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone

Nope, rift is my first pvp experience. For the most part im pretty happy with rift's pvp. I also like prime ribs, but having it every night for 6 months..., it gets kinda boring.
    Well at least you're not the type to complain about Warfronts and then state that you played Halo 3 for 4 years. I should find that kind of irony funny, but I don't
    Even free cost too much now

Shadowlander

this i like... alot

battles would last much longer as it will be pretty even, reminds me of the L1-10 bg's in daoc

+ Reply to Thread