+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New ranks?

Default New ranks?

Been out of the loop for awhile, is there any word of new ranks/gear for pvp in 1.8? I'm kinda running out of stuff to grind for. I'm sorry if a similar thread has been made. I've tried looking everywhere I could but I've seen nothing, so any news would be awesome.
    Last edited by HannonHellbringer; 03-22-2012 at 07:26 PM.

I don't know I'm going to be more than annoyed if there isn't. I have a thread up about this in the PTS forums with no responses.
    ~Quiescent

No news for 1.8 but I get a lurking suspicion 1.9 will be a pretty ph4t pvp update. 1.8 has a major raid and they pushed back some PA trees. It seems they are busy and I think it's unfortunately just a patience thing and that they can only put out so much content at once as a dev team. I'd be damned if I didn't see some major pvp updates in 1.9 itself or earlier. Im not very needy but I'll admit as far as player progression goes the pvp scene has kind of been on a plateau for a while. I love me some raw pvp'ing but, in the name of a good MMO, the pvp scene needs some more goodies to hunt after. I'm sticking with my predictions. Can speculate all day though, will just have to see. I just hope when stuff does come out that it is good. I am a quality over quantity person usually. I won't mind waiting if it's worth the wait.

edit: I was not aware spelling refer wrong was considering potty language here. Removing whole joke :x
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-22-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Default Need to Do Something to Keep the PvPers around

There needs to be some incentives for the PvPers to stick around once they max out rank and gear. I thought a simple solution would be to extend the notoriety in all WFs to glorified and offer better runes and lesser planars from each of the WF vendors. Also, after a player reaches glorified in all WFs, he would be eligible to buy a slightly improved synergy crystal. After about 4-5 months they could then again raise the notoriety to sanctified, ludicrous, or whatever and do the same thing with additional rewards. A simple change that would keep the pvpers from leaving the game as they have been doing.

Fizbang R40 Defiant Mage Seastone

Ascendant

From my own personal point of view, I'd be just as happy to see them hold off on any rank increases and gear additions until 1.9 <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    From my own personal point of view, I'd be just as happy to see them hold off on any rank increases and gear additions until 1.9 <.<
    When it comes to the content we are fighting each other with, better it come out later right then come out broke or incorrect ^.^ I learned this with SoE. Unfortunately they still think broke and incorrect, yet on time, is what people want. I'm always a high hoper.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-22-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    When it comes to the content we are fighting each other with, better it come out later right then come out broke or incorrect ^.^ I learned this with SoE. Unfortunately they still think broke and incorrect, yet on time, is what people want. I'm always a high hoper.
    My comment was mostly awful tongue-in-cheek humor drawn from the fact that my warrior is still low rank. I'm hoping the bonus weekend is a warfront that can award solid prestige/favor on a match by match basis, because the grind is bleh. I'm miles from competitive against top geared players as it is. Upping to rank 50 and a new tier of gear in the next 3 or so weeks would make me a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    My comment was mostly awful tongue-in-cheek humor drawn from the fact that my warrior is still low rank. I'm hoping the bonus weekend is a warfront that can award solid prestige/favor on a match by match basis, because the grind is bleh. I'm miles from competitive against top geared players as it is. Upping to rank 50 and a new tier of gear in the next 3 or so weeks would make me a sad panda.
    Might I recommend VK/pally?
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Oh dear god please no.

Got rank 5 thanks to the favor/prestige pots before any news of a pvp update, pvp updates happen and suddenly I'm rank 18 out of 40.... which doesn't make sense at all.

Even with doing all the bonus weekends, out of pots... our cluster loses so much and most of our Defiants who spawn as mercs refuse to participate so we get farmed in to our spawn so damn hard. I'm just about to hit r24.

Overfed Defiants everywhere.
    Last edited by Brioche; 03-22-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
    Oh dear god please no.

Got rank 5 thanks to the favor/prestige pots before any news of a pvp update, pvp updates happen and suddenly I'm rank 18 out of 40.... which doesn't make sense at all.

Even with doing all the bonus weekends, out of pots... our cluster loses so much and most of our Defiants who spawn as mercs refuse to participate so we get farmed in to our spawn so damn hard. I'm just about to hit r24.

Overfed Defiants everywhere.
    What cluster?
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    What cluster?
    Seastone / Keenblade / Deepstrike / Greybriar / Deepwood / Millrush I believe...

Seastone / Keenblade / Deepstrike / Greybriar / Deepwood / Millrush I believe...
    That's the one I'm on, and I don't think it's like that at all.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

That's the one I'm on, and I don't think it's like that at all.
    A pvp win to complete the daily is a few hours long commitment for the Guardians, except if you're lucky and the planets are aligned.

A pvp win to complete the daily is a few hours long commitment for the Guardians, except if you're lucky and the planets are aligned.
    That's not true at all..
    I really don't understand why people complain about faction disparities now, with mercenaries.
    I just played a Codex where the three people carrying the whole defiant team were Guardian mercenaries.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

That's not true at all..
    I really don't understand why people complain about faction disparities now, with mercenaries.
    I just played a Codex where the three people carrying the whole defiant team were Guardian mercenaries.
    Defiant mercs on Guardian side refuse to play or do much more than get farmed.
    Guardian mercs on Defiant side finally have a chance to get a win, so they try their damn hardest.

Honestly I wish Guardians could get their act together and do the same so you could understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast