+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can i has mobility please!?

Soulwalker

Default Can i has mobility please!?

I am a rank 3 cleric with tier 1 pvp head legs chest boots neck 2 rings legs and gloves ( all which i got while i was 49 and xp locked) i run 51 sent 12 warden and 3 puri for crit. Outside of 2 skills in the warden tree None of the other cleric healing trees have any type of mobility/get the blank off me you GD rogue/warrior! skills. i have quietness which only useful for mages/clerics and not the warrior hitting me for 2k. Or the rogue coming out of no where and stabbing me in the back even if my warden knockback goes off they port right back to me even if i knock them off a cliff. Warriors same thing they will jump back to me or pull me them. I am normally okay if my 40% damage reduction is not on CD and i pray real hard that one of the damage guys near can get to them in time while i run around using all my skills open to me (healers haste, touch the light, tidal surge, KB, and shield (which just seems to waste a GBC.) Wardens seem Over Powered cause they can move heal and stay alive isn't that what a healer in pvp is supposed to do?. Rogues and warriors and can move and do damage? Does that not turn not make them over powered as well?

it would be nice if i didn't have dump a lot of points into justicar just stay alive just to with stand the damage i take so i live just a bit longer with melee character hitting me.

some following changes that might help purifiers or Sentinels in pvp healing department.

In the War planar attunement,
    -300 point cost ability that allows you to cast healing/damaging spells for 15 seconds on a 1 minute Cool down.
    -500 point passive ability that makes it so your spells can no longer be interrupted or pushed back, still can be silenced/stunned/ knocked back.
    -1000 or 1500 point ability Cleric cannot be targeted for 5secs 1 minute cool down.

In sentinel tree,
    -Healer's haste just get rid of the 5 next heals part of it and just have it last for the duration of the buff.
    In warden tree,
    - Crushing wave should be a 360 degree knock back so you don't have turn the oppsite direction of the rogue/warrior to hit them and you don't have to lose your healing target if they gonna die =P
    In purifier tree,
    i dont know what to do with this tree i never really liked it. i like it less than i like the warden tree.

Oh and just a suggestion for chloro mages maybe give them an aoe snare like warriors so they can get away too?

As healer i just think we should be a bit more mobile when it comes to healing in general. i do not wish to be a warden i like a few of their spells not all. I love healing in pvp i love standing back watching a wrecking crew crush faces in while i use my Heals to keep them alive outside of tremendous focus fire. i dis like justicar heals soley based on the fact i have do damage to trigger them =P

I just wonder if it worth sticking around playing rift. or just stop now and play guild wars 2 when it comes out.

In sentinel tree,
    -Healer's haste just get rid of the 5 next heals part of it and just have it last for the duration of the buff.
    & why does it trigger a gcd?
    kinda lame

Clerics sure give me mobility. Seems like every time I come near one I'm bouncing around getting tossed every which way.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-22-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Single target heals and shields need to be more powerful In pvp ,and stand still to cast heals need. More cool effects from war tree. Reward skilled players who know proper spacing and can get off big heals and not bunny hopping insta spammers.
    Last edited by BishopX; 03-22-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Ascendant

Tuning clerics around low rank performance would be a pretty horrid mistake. Take your lumps, get your gear, and then when you're geared you'll be in a better position to comment on whether or not cleric healers are in a good place. It sucks, but that's the way it goes. If you give low ranked clerics the tools to fend of high ranked players, what is that cleric going to be like when they're high ranked?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Tuning clerics around low rank performance would be a pretty horrid mistake. Take your lumps, get your gear, and then when you're geared you'll be in a better position to comment on whether or not cleric healers are in a good place. It sucks, but that's the way it goes. If you give low ranked clerics the tools to fend of high ranked players, what is that cleric going to be like when they're high ranked?
    Rank doesn't mean much for a healer. Vengeance doesn't make you heal better (apart from *icar), and you get all your valor from your starting set of gear. If you want to see healers in your warfronts, they need to have their tools available, else they'll just dps for the extra favor.

Also the 'take your lumps, get your gear' is such a fallacy since the first rank 8's never had to fight people below their rank. This is why people afked their way to rank 8 back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
    Also the 'take your lumps, get your gear' is such a fallacy since the first rank 8's never had to fight people below their rank. This is why people afked their way to rank 8 back then.
    Yeah, and the first R8s didn't have potions that increase your favor, prestige, and exp gain by 100%.
    They also didn't have Warfront weekends that stack and increase your favor, prestige, and exp gain by 100%.
    They also didn't have event bonuses that also stack and increase your favor, prestige, and exp gain by anywhere from 5-50%.
    They also didn't have ranked warfronts, they also didn't have increased cash drops, and they had to deal with crap like 100% mit phalanx, GoS pyro, Parachamps, additive mitigation Clerics...I could go on.

You have no idea how easy it is for you.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Yeah, and the first R8s didn't have potions that increase your favor, prestige, and exp gain by 100%.
    They also didn't have Warfront weekends that stack and increase your favor, prestige, and exp gain by 100%.
    They also didn't have event bonuses that also stack and increase your favor, prestige, and exp gain by anywhere from 5-50%.
    They also didn't have ranked warfronts, they also didn't have increased cash drops, and they had to deal with crap like 100% mit phalanx, GoS pyro, Parachamps, additive mitigation Clerics...I could go on.

You have no idea how easy it is for you.
    Used all my pots before the rank boost to 40 was announced. Got bumped to 0% r18 from being about 90% r5.
    Bonus favor on losing nearly wf is great! /sarcasm
    Haven't been in a ranked wf that didn't have me at the bare bottom rung or even below the rank requirement or just said 'to hell with it' and brought in the same group of r40's from the previous game because it couldn't find enough people within the rank.
    I dealt with all that crap too. Never had a class available to fotm as when they were at their peak.

The only argument you would have is the availability of the full armor sets without rank, but since you have to buy them all in order to get the next piece anyways - It doesn't really matter when you get only a measly amount of favor every match.

Used all my pots before the rank boost to 40 was announced. Got bumped to 0% r18 from being about 90% r5.
    Bonus favor on losing nearly wf is great! /sarcasm
    Haven't been in a ranked wf that didn't have me at the bare bottom rung or even below the rank requirement or just said 'to hell with it' and brought in the same group of r40's from the previous game because it couldn't find enough people within the rank.
    I dealt with all that crap too. Never had a class available to fotm as when they were at their peak.

The only argument you would have is the availability of the full armor sets without rank, but since you have to buy them all in order to get the next piece anyways - It doesn't really matter when you get only a measly amount of favor every match.
    I can't believe you just talked down a 250% reduction on overall grinding time
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Rank doesn't mean much for a healer. Vengeance doesn't make you heal better (apart from *icar), and you get all your valor from your starting set of gear. If you want to see healers in your warfronts, they need to have their tools available, else they'll just dps for the extra favor.

Rank doesn't mean as much for anyone now that the rank requirements on gear have been removed, but unless you farmed a massive amount of favor before you hit 50, with rank will come much needed favor to upgrade your gear and gear does help. A lot. The difference between 1000 valor and the 1500ish you can have with all the bonuses and perks and augments is substantial. Vengeance is PvP AP *AND* SP, so yes, it does help you heal better because SP is a neutral stat, not an offensive stat. Heals benefit from SP just like offensive spells do.

Good healers don't complain that they lack mobility. They get frustrated when they get interrupted and CC'd, but that's not something exclusive to healers. I get frustrated when I get snared/rooted and then disarmed and then stunned and then snared and then dead. It happens. It's PvP, not PvE.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I can't believe you just talked down a 250% reduction on overall grinding time
    How is it a reduction? Doing the math it over a month of nonstop winning gameplay to get rank 40 now.

People were rank 8 within the first couple weeks when the game first came out, not to mention all the exploiters who got away scott free when the pvp rifts came out.

Rift Chaser

isn't the answer to this question 'run deeper Warden'?

my clieric is (old) rank 5 - i think that's rank 20 or 21 these days - and i never have mobility issues: because i'm running a minimum of 26 Warden. a Warden/28 Sent build has immense mobility, as does the 28 Sent/ 26 Ward/12 Just build i'm running at the moment.

the rough breakdown is:
    Puri for pve tank healing
    Sent for large, immobile healing
    Ward for smaller, mobile healing

so if you're saying 'hi, i'm running an immobile healing build, i want more mobility', the most productive response is 'try a build designed around the mobility of the Warden'.

Ascendant

How is it a reduction? Doing the math it over a month of nonstop winning gameplay to get rank 40 now.

People were rank 8 within the first couple weeks when the game first came out, not to mention all the exploiters who got away scott free when the pvp rifts came out.
    They weren't rank 8 within the first couple of weeks when the game first came out, because rank 6 was the cap.

+ Reply to Thread