Which button do I press to "pvp"?
    Tigar (50 Rogue)(P12)(9/11HK)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Dame (49 Cleric)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Loser (50 Mage)(P4)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Deceased (19 Rogue)(Twink)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Deputy (39 Warrior)(Twink)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    You should look more carefully. I quite often speak in rainbows.

If you call fun, faceroll easy, maybe fps is the way you and your kind should go.

Saying that 5 weeks to gear up, to top rank in PvP, in a gear based game is too long is roflworthy.

And yes. I imagine my cats are the key. Maybe you should get some.

I didn't read all your waffle. Your big words do not scare me!
    I'm not calling 'fun faceroll easy' I'm saying that getting facerolled with no chance of competition is not fun.

It might take 5 weeks to gear up IF YOU WIN. I've lost so much on my bad cluster that I still don't have a single character at cap because it is so discouraging. (Hence why I agree with the OP's post!) It's just not worth the time to log in during the non bonus weekends. I know you guys love us logging in for your free '5 week to r40' prestige lollercoaster, but trying to explain that the system is fair to your prey is shady at best.

I already have a cat, she's not that good at the whole keyboard thing, she still backpedals.

Ask someone to explain themselves, then exclaim a hearty tl;dr. You're part of the reason these forums - and by extension the pvp - are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
    I'm not calling 'fun faceroll easy' I'm saying that getting facerolled with no chance of competition is not fun.

It might take 5 weeks to gear up IF YOU WIN. I've lost so much on my bad cluster that I still don't have a single character at cap because it is so discouraging. (Hence why I agree with the OP's post!) It's just not worth the time to log in during the non bonus weekends. I know you guys love us logging in for your free '5 week to r40' prestige lollercoaster, but trying to explain that the system is fair to your prey is shady at best.

I already have a cat, she's not that good at the whole keyboard thing, she still backpedals.

Ask someone to explain themselves, then exclaim a hearty tl;dr. You're part of the reason these forums - and by extension the pvp - are bad.
    While you've expressed discontent you've not provided a better option. Trion has been good to us, maybe too good. We have ranked WF's but most everyone is in the second tier 25-40. Too few low ranks to always have low ends only. This due to extra favor vials, 2x weekends, extra event bonuses etc. Very much in response to the casual crowds whining about a grind. This is a reap what you sow issue. People asked to get up in rank fast and they have. Makes things lopsided.
    You want to face people with no rank advantage, make a low level twink, lock thier xp.
    Last edited by CericX; 03-23-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    You should look more carefully. I quite often speak in rainbows.

If you call fun, faceroll easy, maybe fps is the way you and your kind should go.

Saying that 5 weeks to gear up, to top rank in PvP, in a gear based game is too long is roflworthy.

And yes. I imagine my cats are the key. Maybe you should get some.

I didn't read all your waffle. Your big words do not scare me!
    If you only play on favor weekends and use vials you may be able to pull of 15k prestige an hour . . . it would take a shade over 120 hours of PVP at that rate to go from 1 - 40. Assuming you do 5 weeks of 2 days a week that means you have to PVP straight at a rate of 15k an hour for 12 hours each day.

That's simply not reasonable.

If you play for 2 hours each day at half that rate, making 7500 an hour, and 15k on the weekends (Which gets you 135k a week it would take a little over 13 weeks. This assumes you get instant pop warfronts and have vials going every day for that entire time which is not possible in game.

Though both of these time frames certainly possible, people with actual lives take a long long time to be viable in PVP.

I'm not whining, I was lucky enough to have a few vacation days and some weekend days where I could play 8-12 hours in a row and ranked up fairly quickly compared to a vast majority of players. That doesn't mean that the people who do it in under 2 months aren't the outliers. Saying it takes players 5 weeks is not being honest.
    Last edited by Traciatim; 03-23-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    Very much in response to the casual crowds whining about a grind. This is a reap what you sow issue. People asked to get up in rank fast and they have.
    Except that unless you can participate equally, you can't earn decent favor/prestige. The pvp grind now is even slower than it was before due to lowering damage, raising valor and 3+ healer crosshealing. The higher ranked players are the only people that can reliably kill other players, and thus earn their favor faster. Lower ranks and support/healing, they're great and necessary, but unless your team is killing other players, you're not earning much.

Go spend 15 minutes getting spawncamped in codex. Then go do that for a whole weekend, save for the occasional 1/10 win. Look at your whopping 300 favor and pittance of prestige that makes you wonder if the bar even moves. Then justify wanting to pvp at all while everyone around you says it's SO EASY and SO FAST.

Plane Walker

Holy**** am I playing the wrong game..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Holy**** am I playing the wrong game..
    Yes you are.

Absolutely, glad you asked.

Although yes, the opinion given here is not mutually exclusive to MMO's due to the typical 'gear grind' the point being is that forcing the playerbase in to it to even be competitive or enjoy a facet of the gameplay they're provided is plain not fun. To that extent I can certainly agree with the OP.

What does it really mean though? From a developer standpoint, it means that the typical new pvper doesn't feel to have much encouragement to stick with it, to suffer and spend their time and money just have a chance to be equal. This is certainly a valid complaint, though admittedly it was not worded as such. There really are valid complaints amidst all the hyperbole around here.

Last time I checked, Rift was a game. Being told something isn't fun in a game should be a rather high priority if enough people have the same feeling. There are certainly enough other options out on the market for people to place their attention and hard-earned cash with, so it makes me wonder why any person who enjoys the game would comment as you folk do, encouraging people to quit and slowly subscriber by subscriber, ruin their own game?

It's cute that you call me the troll though. I doubt I've seen one nice word typed by you, and I know that if I had any sort of power in the forums. I would have revoked the whole lot of you permanently. Your constant prejudice against anyone with a different opinion than yours has suffered this forum for longer than anyone should have ever let it go. :3
    I can certianly understand your point of view, it would be nice if mmo's started to go down the road of non gear based progression paths; in fact there are a few out there though non with the player base of games like wow, rift or swtor. And to that point these games have chosen a gear based progression for both PvP and PvE. To come to the forums and say I hit 50 have done some grinding I don't like it please change it is asking them to remake their entire game to fit your needs.

People need to understand that this system is here to stay for this game or until Trion decided to launch and xpac increasing lvl cap and some how remove the gear based grind. I assure though that if this happened people would be complaining that there is nothing to do in the game. "I hit 50 and now all I can do is run the same raids and WF's...I'm bored and need a carrot to stare at while I play and please give me shineys for the time I invisted so I feel like i haven't wasted my youth away playing a video game instead of spending that time improving my real life standing."

Trion has done things to ease the entry into level 50 pvp and to that extend I am a little astonished. Further more the changed the ranks from 1-8 to 1-40 and their system attempts to create matched WF's to further help those that are under geared. While this does not always happen due to the number of people and their rank range that are queing Trion has certianly done their part to help with the situation.

I really don't know what else to say to you that wouldn't be just more of a rant on my part. Trion does tend to be much more friendly and open to taking their consumer base's complaints to heart and I would suggest posting your requests in a constructive manner that won't be seen as QQ by the community and try and get some open discussions with regards to issues you see out there.

TLR this is a gear based system and will not be changing. If a gear grind is not what you want then I would suggest looking for other games that are currently out or comming out that will support your desires.

Except that unless you can participate equally, you can't earn decent favor/prestige. The pvp grind now is even slower than it was before due to lowering damage, raising valor and 3+ healer crosshealing. The higher ranked players are the only people that can reliably kill other players, and thus earn their favor faster. Lower ranks and support/healing, they're great and necessary, but unless your team is killing other players, you're not earning much.

Go spend 15 minutes getting spawncamped in codex. Then go do that for a whole weekend, save for the occasional 1/10 win. Look at your whopping 300 favor and pittance of prestige that makes you wonder if the bar even moves. Then justify wanting to pvp at all while everyone around you says it's SO EASY and SO FAST.
    This is such an exaggeration I don't even know where to start. If you que all day on the weekends for the escalated game your going to be getting like 1k favor a match for even a loss. I am currently P29 and have absolutley zero issues with winning games or competing even when playing against P40's. You have 6 different soul combinations you can run with, I would suggest comming up with a few specific soul combos for PvP and switch roles based off your expereince in each WF. If your getting trained by a bunch of P40's try and build a soul that is alot more tankish or a soul that will allow you to DPS/Heal from the back line. When pugging is a real crap shoot on the quality of players your grouped with and I would strongly recommend finding a few friends and queing as a group so that you can coordinate your efforts alot better.

On a side note it will take you alot longer to gear but you can do so from just logging in each day and doing your PvP dailies and PvP rifts. Typically theres a full raid doing these and you will be alot more protected until you can get some gear then dive back into WF's. Alot of people have alluded to the fact it really doesn't take that long to gear either, I own an electrical contracting company, married just had a kid and i find more than enough time to get dailies done, few PvP rifts each night and some WF's; I focus most of my PvP time to the weekends when the gains are all increased to maximize my time spent playing.

Those two walls of text kill anyone yet?

Rift pvp fails because the developers only listen to casual players when balancing pvp or change major aspects of it only because they tend to whine the loudest.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2gua42b.jpg

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

It takes no skill for me to 2-3 shot low ranked players in my r40 gear. Sometimes I can still one shot real low ranked players with fulminate. I really like the the combat system and a lot of things in rift pvp but I think it would be more fun and competitive with equal gear.

I don't know why people are obsessed with their idea that their character has to improve over time for the game to be fun or even worth playing. I mean I can appreciate that it's part of the appeal of some games and that it's part of Rift, but I really don't get why there aren't more pvp only games with mmo style combat and no or few things to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Appless View Post
    Nobody wants to spend 3 months playing nonstop to become viable in non ranked matches/open world pvp. Sure, I love pvp but after awhile of getting owned in open world and getting owned in non ranked warfronts, I have started to hate pvp. It'd be much more fun if I didn't have to grind gear to be viable.
    I enjoyed my grind. Would I like to see more development and improvement? Of course, but to say Rift PvP is complete "fail" just isn't right. IMO
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

If I'd not leveled two chars to p8 starting back at beta i might give this more credence. Before ranking, without 2x pots, no escalated. Most of the people that disagree with you come from the same base. Compared to how things were, you've no basis for arguement.

That aside, people are still reading and responding generally politely to try and express that your view doesn't fit theirs and that while concerned with game health, sacrificing their happiness is not an acceptable trade.

Respect that and come to an accommodation that fits or vote with your wallet, but do please save yourself the frustration of trying to change opinions on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Appless View Post
    For example, there is no grind that comes with pve. I dont have to grind t2s when i hit 50 to be raid ready, At most, i'll need about 6-8 t2s. which is around 3 hours.
    PVP should be based on skill. Not gear. in ranked matches I usually lead damage and killing blows, but non ranked I don't even come close.
    People like you are why MMO's are becoming more like fps games, and probably the reason why I'll quit playing MMO's altogether. Because TRION will pander to people like you and change the nature of the game into that of a different genre, and that will turn off people like me that enjoy a good MMO that makes me work toward a goal and once achieving that goal, leaves me with a sense of accomplishment. You should seriously consider leaving MMORPG's alone and just go back to your FPS games like call of duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast