+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 8 premades in row

Default 8 premades in row

People may know by now that premade versus pug is a pet peeve of mine. It's not fun either way.

This morning trying to finish a daily, faced the same freaking premade 8 times in a row. Amazingly, the one time I got merc'd, the premade was on the other side.

There was absolutely no delay between the matches. If Trion's goal is faceroll pvp, good job Trion.

I would suggest that you find a few friends.
    Last edited by Warking; 03-22-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    Wyrmtail (was Warking) - 50/1000+ Rogue
    <Vendetta> - Defiant - Briarcliff
    [DH - Cleared | GP - Cleared | RotP - Cleared | PF - Cleared | GSB - Cleared | RoS - Cleared | HK - Cleared | ID - Cleared | PVP - 50]

This one time, at band camp, I made 4 friends and it solved this problem for me
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

General of Telara

Have to agree with OP. Premades against pugs does not for good PvP make! I thought Trion had been working on that and that the mercenary system addressed it somewhat.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    And those 4 friends were always online at the exact same time as you, right? So you could always group up? And those 4 friends were all skilled and geared well beyond the average player to guarantee a win every time, right?

I'm not saying it can't be done; I'm just saying it's not nearly as easy as you seem to think it is with your flippant post.

In my experience with this game, even most GUILDS that claim to have some involvement in PvP can't even organize a good premade on a regular basis.

Ascendant

too bad maybe?

Ascendant

I've noticed a shortage of ranked matches lately, and in those cases it quite often feels like I'm up against a premade because there's often jack you can do. Not saying you weren't up against a premade, because I've seen more and more of those lately, just sayin' what I'm sayin'. I think the most frustrating part for me is when my team either gives up or they insist on trickling in to the slaughter. It makes it difficult to get anything done when the people at the GY aren't moving and the people who are willing to go down and fight are too far ahead of you and dead by the time you catch up to them. Rinse and repeat.

I usually just log out if I see it as a recurring theme. It's usually less frustrating to come back a couple of hours later and see if things have evened out than it is to just keep throwing myself at the brick wall of p40s that are a handful by themselves by are numerically impossible to beat in groups.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    And those 4 friends were always online at the exact same time as you, right? So you could always group up? And those 4 friends were all skilled and geared well beyond the average player to guarantee a win every time, right?

I'm not saying it can't be done; I'm just saying it's not nearly as easy as you seem to think it is with your flippant post.

In my experience with this game, even most GUILDS that claim to have some involvement in PvP can't even organize a good premade on a regular basis.
    And yet somehow the other guys have no problem putting a premade together. Something doesn't add up.

Plane Walker

You wanted scripted instances that are always equal numbers no matter what now deal with the consequences.

Open world PvP things could be different, perhaps ya could even call in help.. But.. You'd rather have the scripted instance stuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    That explains all the missing flutes...1% (rofl)

premades are only about to be 10x more common with the slow progression of end game pvp trion puts out.
    Last edited by Keota; 03-22-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    That explains all the missing flutes...1% (rofl)

I do like some of the "get some friends (to make a premade)" posts, so to combat premades vs pugs make a premade?, that makes no sence as that's still a premade vs pug BUT now your the premade.
    Level 50 Mage - Naritta@Icewatch.
    Level 50 Rogue - Naritta@Bloodiron.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    I do like some of the "get some friends (to make a premade)" posts, so to combat premades vs pugs make a premade?, that makes no sence as that's still a premade vs pug BUT now your the premade.
    Exactly. I'm not looking to steamroll or get steamrolled.

I did actually post on my shard forum a few days ago (five days I think) looking for people to team with. It's a pve shard and I got one semi-serious response offering to "let me pocket heal."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    People may know by now that premade versus pug is a pet peeve of mine. It's not fun either way.

This morning trying to finish a daily, faced the same freaking premade 8 times in a row. Amazingly, the one time I got merc'd, the premade was on the other side.

There was absolutely no delay between the matches. If Trion's goal is faceroll pvp, good job Trion.
    was it by chance seastone...
    ran into that zerg myself last night if so

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast