+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Twink Fest 2012!!!!

Default Twink Fest 2012!!!!

When the hell did Rift become a twink fest? PvPing is completely useless these days. It used to be who ever had the most healers won not its who ever has the most twinks.

I can not believe rift made the mistake of EXP locking. I just came back to this game wanting to see all the new cool stuff but twinking is not cool and is not fun Trion.

Plane Walker

Gee the consequences of not having any meaningful PvP...

Not the twinks fault what so ever.. This is what happens when there isn't any real PvP in a game, blame the company not the players.

So its the players fault that trion allows them to level lock and just completely **** in pvp?

Sure i agree that there is no meaningful pvp. But allowing people to just completely steam roll EVERY pvp game is just bull ****. Let the twinks fight each other and leave the non twinks fighting each other.

Soulwalker

Oh look, it's this thread again :P

You're right though, twinking is pretty rife right now.

From what I've seen its most common (and most effective)in the 10-19 bracket, due to how ridiculously easy it is to kit out new toons with world event gear atm.

Trion are aware of the issue and have made a couple of changes so far (battlemaster's sigil/engine needing 50 to equip for example).

Simply outlevelling them is the best approach to take for now until Trion decide what, if any, further action is going to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauwelle View Post
    Oh look, it's this thread again :P

You're right though, twinking is pretty rife right now.

From what I've seen its most common (and most effective)in the 10-19 bracket, due to how ridiculously easy it is to kit out new toons with world event gear atm.

Trion are aware of the issue and have made a couple of changes so far (battlemaster's sigil/engine needing 50 to equip for example).

Simply outlevelling them is the best approach to take for now until Trion decide what, if any, further action is going to take place.

It's a huge problem at all level ranges. Even at 39 a twink can gear himself out to do nearly three times as much damage with nearly double the amount of health as a regularly geared player would do.

Trion needs to adjust how the ascended powerup works. It needs to take in account gear as well.
    Twinks say they want combative pvp, then they shouldn't have any problem with everyone being equal stat wise. Of course that's a lie, twinks just want to massage their epeen with cheap kills.

Plane Walker

Its not a problem as EVERYONE can do the same exact thing. If you choose not to gear your toon to be the best at any level, than you choose to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelledon View Post
    When the hell did Rift become a twink fest? PvPing is completely useless these days. It used to be who ever had the most healers won not its who ever has the most twinks.

I can not believe rift made the mistake of EXP locking. I just came back to this game wanting to see all the new cool stuff but twinking is not cool and is not fun Trion.
    Did this really merit another thread, honestly? There are hundreds already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    It's a huge problem at all level ranges. Even at 39 a twink can gear himself out to do nearly three times as much damage with nearly double the amount of health as a regularly geared player would do.

Trion needs to adjust how the ascended powerup works. It needs to take in account gear as well.
    Twinks say they want combative pvp, then they shouldn't have any problem with everyone being equal stat wise. Of course that's a lie, twinks just want to massage their epeen with cheap kills.
    What stops xp Warfronts from having geared players steam roll content? Nothing.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    Did this really merit another thread, honestly? There are hundreds already.
    He is a well trained complainer and knows Trion's attention can be caught if more of the same threads appear.

@OP: PvP isn't meaningful at any level bracket. Just because you used to be able to stomp on people because you had a proper spec doesn't mean twinking needs to be "AMG FIXED" It just means you're no longer the apex predator in the noob leagues. Man up or shut up.
    5/5 GSP 5/5 ROS 4/4 DH 4/4 GP 10/11 HK
    Playing the game the way it's meant to be played. For fun.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    Even at 39 a twink can gear himself out to do nearly three times as much damage with nearly double the amount of health as a regularly geared player would do.
    I've got to assume your exagerating for effect there. If you're comparing someone in all green levelling gear against full planarite/sourcestone armour, weapons and essences etc, then maybe it would be approaching that extent. But who goes into a WF in all greens and expects to be competetive?

Also, don't forget, if you have a max level toon, its always been easy to kit out alts with full sourcestone gear as soon as they hit the level req.

General of Telara

Default It is not Twinking

Now, apparently, a twink is anybody that has gear better than you. Twinking used to be using gear that is unavailable to anyone else to OP your character. Anybody can get the gear used now so it is not twinking. If someone has better gear than you, and it is available to you, it is your fault not the guy who knows how to play.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    Now, apparently, a twink is anybody that has gear better than you. Twinking used to be using gear that is unavailable to anyone else to OP your character. Anybody can get the gear used now so it is not twinking. If someone has better gear than you, and it is available to you, it is your fault not the guy who knows how to play.
    Exactly!
    Yes players want it more DUMBED DOWN and easier.

Yes they want their cake and they want to eat it to and yes they don't want to lift a finger in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Exactly!
    Yes players want it more DUMBED DOWN and easier.

Yes they want their cake and they want to eat it to and yes they don't want to lift a finger in doing so.
    I don't want PVP easier. or dumbed down. But the fact that some one can just lock their character progress to farm gear to just completely obliterate a full battle group is stupid.

This isn't making PVP harder its making it completely unbearable, pointless, there is no competition at all, Exc, exc.

I lost 20 battle grounds in a row Why because i played vs the same pre made twink group all morning. we got shut out every game we played, we got spawn camped every game becuase we were all getting one shoted.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    I mostly agree, although the speed at which that gear is earned at normal game play rates usually means you will out level it mostly before you can acquire it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast