+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Can clerics kill someone?

Soulwalker

Default Can clerics kill someone?

Clerics can kill someone?
    This is my question.
    I have almost the entire first set of pvp (except weapons) and even trying all possible combinations (shaman, druid, x-Ticar, inquisitor) receive only non-stop humiliation. I understand that trying to do Stillmor, Shimmer and Iron Pine diaries and meet a bunch of enemies is impossible to beat ... but talk about a sad and miserable 1 vs 1. For god sake, it really is so so so great the difference between having the second (for example) pvp set to have onlye the first one? The outdoor pvp always delighted me but seriously, I'm so frustrated that I meditate to quit this game because I do not see it fair or balanced.

Fully geared inquisitor is one of the best burst in pvp.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Fully geared inquisitor is one of the best burst in pvp.
    So I'll have to wait to be fully equipped to go quietly through the world doing daily quests?
    It sounds exciting ..... ^ ^

(irony)

Can clerics kill people? Yes
    Will it get better? Yes
    Is open world going to suck until you get geared? Yes

Most people you encounter in open world are already geared but if you're willing to put in the work (kind of the whole point of an mmo...lol) your experience will improve.

Stick with it the bigger the PvP community the more influence we'll have.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Diley View Post
    So I'll have to wait to be fully equipped to go quietly through the world doing daily quests?
    It sounds exciting ..... ^ ^

(irony)
    It's never quiet, especially if you go alone.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Another undergeared cleric complaining about 1v1

1.you are undergeared
    2.you are a cleric

the players that you are running into are most likely better geared than you.

Solution, more pvp

Yes, a full geared inquisitor does large burst but are squishy as. No dps when you are dead.
    Okooko <Synapse>
    Aerospace Engineer
    Yeah, I fly planes.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by okooko View Post
    Solution, more pvp
    I think the point is that the difference between new and geared players is still too great. Why would anyone want to play for months never standing a chance against other players? Although my level 50 mage who is currently collecting the final pvp set, dies in 2 seconds anyway, I'm tempted to leave my rogue and cleric where they are in the 40s and never level to 50... I'm not sure I can stand more months of being one-hit in pvp when they reach 50... Maybe I should go back to SWTOR or WOW.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tofi View Post
    I think the point is that the difference between new and geared players is still too great. Why would anyone want to play for months never standing a chance against other players? Although my level 50 mage who is currently collecting the final pvp set, dies in 2 seconds anyway, I'm tempted to leave my rogue and cleric where they are in the 40s and never level to 50... I'm not sure I can stand more months of being one-hit in pvp when they reach 50... Maybe I should go back to SWTOR or WOW.
    Yeah, PVP is like that. I agree with the fresh50 vs r40 gear disparity but you need to give those that have played alot some decent advantage over someone that is just fresh 50 ( can do this in a few hours even ).

They have already closed the gap (pvp upgrades, same valor or all sets, ranked WFs)

Alot of PVPers just want to do what they like, but in most cases you don't have the luxury to just do whatever and still win/survive etc. You can tell the difference between someone with half a brain apart from the r40's that are still horrible.

On another note, if you dont have the time to play rift as much as other players, try to just play it smart.
    If you pop a Favor/Prestige vial on a weekend and pvp(regardless of win/lose) for 2hrs or 4hrs even. It would be as effective as double that on any weekday.
    Okooko <Synapse>
    Aerospace Engineer
    Yeah, I fly planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofi View Post
    Months? Lol? It's so fast to rank up now with the bonus weekends. And let's not pretend that every player you come across is top rank.

Maybe move to a PvE shard and flag yourself while you're leveling up. You'll still get PvP there.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

If your life goal were to be awesome at Rift PvP and you weren't in the least bit masochistic I'd steer away from cleric as your calling. If you like being told you suck and don't mind dying a lot... go for it. Any of the other callings are far more suited to PvP than cleric and they're gimping clerics even more (warden HOT stacking) in 1.8 . People will say INQ is the best burst i the game and they'd be right -but the flip-side of that is being targeted and squashed immediately for the same reason, and they are EASILY killed.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    5 Warden not Cab....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    5 Warden not Cab....
    You should put a space between the end of your sentences and your ellipses, and a proper ellipse is three periods long.

See? I can nitpick too!
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-22-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Both work quote honestly although I would use 5 sent for the HB over either one of those.

Champion of Telara

Clerics on my side of the WF kill people all the time.

Everytime I go in, I see.... hmm 2 mages, 3 rogues and 2 wars... we're gonna need some healing... oh wait, there's a cleric... oh nvm, dps.... hey, there's another... nope dps again.

The game then proceeds and all the DPS clerics on my side happily get everyone killed coz the poor chloro/bard just can't keep up with the heals.

Ever since... I've resolved to always run a healing cleric.
    Last edited by masakari81; 03-22-2012 at 10:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast