+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Can clerics kill someone?

If you are running a full healer, why are people dying on your side?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    If you are running a full healer, why are people dying on your side?
    Coz it was precisely due to all the irritating DPS clerics running around that I quit DPS'ing on my mage and rolled with a full healer for WF's. Guess what, once there was a cleric healer, people stopped dropping like flies. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Coz it was precisely due to all the irritating DPS clerics running around that I quit DPS'ing on my mage and rolled with a full healer for WF's. Guess what, once there was a cleric healer, people stopped dropping like flies. Imagine that.
    It's a cycle that repeats over and over. People roll up clerics in frustration eventually getting fed up with it themselves and then join the ranks of DPS clerics. Do healing clerics make a difference in WF's? Yes! Is it fun/rewarding? At times. Is the overall desire to play this role sustainable? Ask yourself why so many clerics were DPS in the first place. Now that I've dinged R40 I've reached a point where I honestly get less enjoyment from winning than in experimenting. I still love to win as a team, and do frequently heal- but ultimately we play this game for our own enjoyment. I just want to make it clear, it's not that people are necessarily unaware of the beneficial aspects of PvP healing, rather that sometimes ya just gotta melt faces even if you're like a toddler waving around a desert eagle as a DPS cleric.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Clerics can indeed kill players in pvp just like a pyro/lock can. If you aren't playing attention and derping around they can burst you down pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Diley View Post
    Clerics can kill someone?
    This is my question.
    I have almost the entire first set of pvp (except weapons) and even trying all possible combinations (shaman, druid, x-Ticar, inquisitor) receive only non-stop humiliation. I understand that trying to do Stillmor, Shimmer and Iron Pine diaries and meet a bunch of enemies is impossible to beat ... but talk about a sad and miserable 1 vs 1. For god sake, it really is so so so great the difference between having the second (for example) pvp set to have onlye the first one? The outdoor pvp always delighted me but seriously, I'm so frustrated that I meditate to quit this game because I do not see it fair or balanced.
    A sanction heretic just hit me for half my health.... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by fripples View Post
    A sanction heretic just hit me for half my health.... just saying.
    It also applies a DoT that can tick upwards of 800 damage a tick, not to mention Vex ticks pretty hard all by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Soulwalker

Yes.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2962/whitefall.jpg
    http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3890/blackgarden.jpg

Also, dot damage isn't as important is burst. Clerics can kill because they can drop Bolt of Judgement, Bolt of Depravity and Sanction Heretic all in under a second. And it takes almost no skill to execute this.

Soulwalker

Very rarely do dps cleric's value a team in wf's. Inquis can do alot of burst against lowwer geared played but equal geared players can shrug off the burst very easily. Shm is pretty fun if u prefer button mashing and spending alot of time rezzing in the gy. Druid has the only true effective pvp spell but its easily dispellable and cost 44 points into a tree that just doesnt hit hard enough. There isnt a spec that ive found that can even slightly compete with a skilled nb/rs. So basicly if you want to win a good percentage of your wf's roll heals and hope your dps is competant.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeya View Post
    Very rarely do dps cleric's value a team in wf's. Inquis can do alot of burst against lowwer geared played but equal geared players can shrug off the burst very easily. Shm is pretty fun if u prefer button mashing and spending alot of time rezzing in the gy. Druid has the only true effective pvp spell but its easily dispellable and cost 44 points into a tree that just doesnt hit hard enough. There isnt a spec that ive found that can even slightly compete with a skilled nb/rs. So basicly if you want to win a good percentage of your wf's roll heals and hope your dps is competant.
    Inquisitors will melt your face, even if you are max geared and defensively specced. I generally run a balanced DPS/Tank build, with 55% valor reduction, ~28% magic reduction from buffs, and 12.5k HP. And Decoyd still melts me. 51 Inq can easily meet or beat the damage any mage can do.

Personally though, when I'm on my cleric, I prefer hybrid builds. I've been running a 43-Inq/12-Sham/11-Just build that does well. 12 Sham gets you the bonus crit dmg, an off-GCD heal that's not reduced by Mien of Aggression, and some other defense. 43 Inq will get you everything good in Inq, and still gives you good hits on SH and Vex. And swapping between Mien of Aggression and Honor gives you a lot of flexibility. There have been a lot of WFs where I top the dmg done, dmg taken, and healing done with this build.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by Euthan View Post
    Can clerics kill people? Yes
    Will it get better? Yes
    Is open world going to suck until you get geared? Yes

Most people you encounter in open world are already geared but if you're willing to put in the work (kind of the whole point of an mmo...lol) your experience will improve.

Stick with it the bigger the PvP community the more influence we'll have.

I have 1300 valor and rank 40/p8 cleric and rogues still hit me for 4k+. So no world pvp doesnt really get better as a cleric. Inquisitor should be given the same ability as a chloroloc to drian mana into health. Now where in for an interesting fight with a rogues. Or you could just bring back our dots. I would take either. Could make vex get a nice boost to how it used to be around 1.1 I think two equally geared and skilled people should draw every time in a stalemate. Right now rogues and chlorolocs have it way to easy in world pvp.

I mean it is pretty easy for me to go around in assasin and gank people even if there my same gear lvl. If i cant win i teleport and hide. The only time that i have to do that though is if i am severely out numbered. My though process in game works like this when i am playing rogue

clerics = food
    wars = most likely food depending on spec, But i can run away anyway LMAO
    mages = Just avoid it, I AM INVISIBLE ANYWAY, fights take forever and i have better things to do.
    rogues = Just a dumb fight unless the other guys isn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareck View Post
    I have 1300 valor and rank 40/p8 cleric and rogues still hit me for 4k+. So no world pvp doesnt really get better as a cleric. Inquisitor should be given the same ability as a chloroloc to drian mana into health. Now where in for an interesting fight with a rogues. Or you could just bring back our dots. I would take either. Could make vex get a nice boost to how it used to be around 1.1 I think two equally geared and skilled people should draw every time in a stalemate. Right now rogues and chlorolocs have it way to easy in world pvp.

I mean it is pretty easy for me to go around in assasin and gank people even if there my same gear lvl. If i cant win i teleport and hide. The only time that i have to do that though is if i am severely out numbered. My though process in game works like this when i am playing rogue

clerics = food
    wars = most likely food depending on spec, But i can run away anyway LMAO
    mages = Just avoid it, I AM INVISIBLE ANYWAY, fights take forever and i have better things to do.
    rogues = Just a dumb fight unless the other guys isn't the brightest crayon in the box.
    Not sure if srs.

I am sorry but no.
    Tigar (50 Rogue)(P12)(9/11HK)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Dame (49 Cleric)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Loser (50 Mage)(P4)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Deceased (19 Rogue)(Twink)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Deputy (39 Warrior)(Twink)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by deceased View Post
    I am sorry but no.
    I disagree with this. A competant cleric can easily kill any class if they simply use 6 instead of 5.
    Bronade@Seastone Level 50 <The Fallen Sons>
    Serebus@Seastone Level 21 <The Fallen Sons>
    Fifa@Seastone Level 50 n/a
    Craptain@Derpstrike Level 50 <Server Police>

Back in the old days, when I was PvPing clerics were OP. We could kill, heal, kill, heal LOL oh the good old days. Unfortunately, w/o gear, attunements, or experience, PvP life can be frustrating, but keep on at it, soon enough you will be play like the big boys and girls.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Chaser

Clerics kill people all the time in PvP when they go dps; both on the enemy team and their own teams.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast