+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP - Which to upgrade first, weapons or armor?

Soulwalker

Default PVP - Which to upgrade first, weapons or armor?

I couldn't find a good answer anywhere so I thought I would put the question out there. Which has more of an impact when you just hit R25, getting the R25 weapons or upgrading to the 3rd tier armor. I was planning to do the weapons.

Thanks

Depends on the class/spec.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Telaran

Generally speaking, PVE weapons (if you can get access to them) are better than the PVP weapons, due to hit/focus requirements even in PVP. Sure, PVP weapons generally hit harder than their same-tier PVE counterparts, and you now get valor from PVP weapons. But if you already have a decent PVE weapon, I'd fill out your PVP 4-piece armor set synergy bonus as your first priority.

Personally this is how I prioritized PVP upgrades:
    1) 4-piece armor set of highest qualifying tier for the synergy bonus
    2) lower rank PVP armor and accessories
    3) full valor PVP sigil
    4) armor and accessories of highest qualifying tier
    5) PVP weapons

This way, you get the most valor as soon as possible and still maintain your synergy bonus. Now, based on favor gains you might not have enough favor to buy everything once you get to the next tier, so decide for yourself what you want to do first.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the info. I will have to think about it some. Hopefully I will find more time to PVE so I can get the weapons. For now I will work on the armor.

Weapons first, unless you have a PvE weapon similar in tier. Then get that last.

Plane Touched

I agree with Valnak. For a dps class the biggest single difference you can make is to improve your weapons so I'd always get weapons as soon as possible. I was blown away by the increase to my damage upgrading from P6 (as was) weapons to P8. The difference is less pronounced now but the point still stands

The one exception may be healers for obvious reasons, but I don't play a healer right now, so can't really comment.

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

I did weapons last. If you are getting the good stuff from GSB, ROS, or T2 Raid Rifts than the pvp weapons arent that impressive, except that they have valor and vengeance, but its not that unusual to see people in warfronts wearing some high end pve armor and weapons. Some high end stuff can still offset the fact that you have less valor and vengeance because your killng power is so much higher.

Depends. Warrior/Rogue would benefit from weapons first, Cleric/Mage from armor first.

Just my opinion, of course.
    what is this I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Astelle View Post
    I agree with Valnak. For a dps class the biggest single difference you can make is to improve your weapons so I'd always get weapons as soon as possible. I was blown away by the increase to my damage upgrading from P6 (as was) weapons to P8. The difference is less pronounced now but the point still stands

The one exception may be healers for obvious reasons, but I don't play a healer right now, so can't really comment.
    Healers are the same way.

Soon as I met the rank requirement, I already had the favor saved, bought the weapon the very second I dinged rank 36.

Champion of Telara

Assuming you are not rank 40, weapons will naturally be later as they actually have level requirements.

PvP weapons have an advantage over higher tier PvE items in that they have valor. Survivability in PvP is your number one priority. I always find it amusing to see a warrior wielding a HK relic with HK synergy crystal.... then I will proceed to stomp on him.

Soulwalker

WWeapons , as it beneits both your PVP and pve grinds .

Armor

Because you cant wield your weapon if you are dead
    Last edited by Valarion; 04-05-2012 at 11:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread