+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Guild vs Guild Siege Wars

Default PvP Guild vs Guild Siege Wars

I am not someone who usually posts on the forums but I really feel like people would agree on the idea of a GvG siege war type map. It would be a large scale two castle battle and you would try and siege and capture whatever crystal or source stone type objective. Guilds could sign up for them and you fight guardian and defiant guilds cross server and it could happen everynight at the same time. And it could create a new way to get favor and prestige. It would a big guild bonding experience outside of raiding. And everyone could join not just the hardcore PvP Heros. this was just an idea I thought of whilst looking at 1.8 patch notes.
    Tigar (50 Rogue)(P12)(9/11HK)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Dame (49 Cleric)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Loser (50 Mage)(P4)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Deceased (19 Rogue)(Twink)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone
    Deputy (39 Warrior)(Twink)<Fallen Sons>@Seastone

did you play runes of magic? it has the exact GvG cross server castle siege war you are describing

to this day it is the most fun i have ever had in any game... ever... too bad the game itself is massively unbalanced and a huge money sink (pay to win)

if i could pay $10,000 to get this feature in Rift i would do it in a heartbeat
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    did you play runes of magic? it has the exact GvG cross server castle siege war you are describing

to this day it is the most fun i have ever had in any game... ever... too bad the game itself is massively unbalanced and a huge money sink (pay to win)

Hahaha ya that's where it stems from. My whole guild came from that game best feature of it was the siege war. I would like to see something like it in rift.

Quote Originally Posted by deceased View Post
    Hahaha ya that's where it stems from. My whole guild came from that game best feature of it was the siege war. I would like to see something like it in rift.
    I spoke to a Trion developer in beta many moons ago (back when they would actually log in and talk to players about bugs and content). We spoke about how players wanted to see large scale orvr with sieges and castle vs castle battles like WAR. At the time WAR was dying and there was a tremendous number of pvp/realm vs realm players in beta, so the game itself had great timing.

He specifically said: We are aware of this possibility, but will not implement it (open realm vs realm) until a large number of players demand it and are vocal about it

So keep screaming, they ARE listening and they are hearing you.
    Last edited by Valarion; 03-21-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post

exactly my thoughts, runes of magic GvG everyday same hour just like the OP said was the highlight of the day. I really wish they would add it to Rift.
    See you all in Wildstar!

I loved the idea behind it and love pvp in rift far more. i only hope that word gets out because that is a revamp this game could definitely use. people complain about pvp but i think with a new style/game choice it might help even the gap between PvP and PvE players and help us become more unified. just my thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread