+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Remove/Nerf Fell Blades.

Ascendant

How about we keep fell blades and keep warden HoT?

I play both a Cleric and Rogue (both R40) so I am "compassionate" to both classes. I think LW is more OP than FB/VM. And I actually think the nerf to FB is uncalled for, just as I think the nerf to Warden HoT's is not the right way to go. I admit that cross healing between wardens can be a bit insane at times, but there has to be a better way to tone down Warden healing a bit without making the entire soul worthless in anything but 5v5.

Basically if you are a healing cleric and don't have a cleanse botton you are doing it wrong. If you are a DPS cleric and don't have a purge button, you are doing it wrong.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Exactly.
    10char
    The free 2 second stun on a ranged attack is pretty beast also since it was too tight to fit it in right now. No more purge of salvation which is lolol.

2k+ SP beasts incoming.

For the record a MM cannot kite me now..
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 03-21-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Haddaway View Post
    Lol NB/RS are so quick to defend their specs, but they know it's corny. It's ok guys, hopefully when they nerf this spec like it needs, dom and vk will see similar changes
    Not every rogue who uses FB is running NB/RS. Learn ur specs bro.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by CoreSyntax View Post
    Ad Hominem...

If you play cleric please enlighten me with a build that can beat a rogue.
    Scream like a little baby in /wf?

Always worked for me.

kkthxbye

Make it so that it doesn't have a chance to proc off dot ticks, or make it so that it isn't passive at all, this makes it much more vulnerable to cleansing and with the nerf to passive cleanse in 1.8 the combination will be glorious. Problem solved.
    KABOOM!

only class without a legit counter to nb/rs is mage imo.

Clerics in several different iterations should have close to no problems against a NB/RS if the gear is equal. (and of course skill)

And honestly, the strength of the spec isnt felblades, it is the rs mobility + constant rs survivability things that makes the spec uncounterable by mages.

Felblades is strong, but the siphon isnt even why it is strong.

The best way to deal with a nb/rs is to hide somewhere near a marksmen and hope they are purging them, or be a VK warrior, but close behind that would be to be a cleric of pretty much any build.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 03-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    The free 2 second stun on a ranged attack is pretty beast also since it was too tight to fit it in right now. No more purge of salvation which is lolol.

2k+ SP beasts incoming.

For the record a MM cannot kite me now..
    I can kite anything, but that doesn't mean I can kill you.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitaran View Post
    Make it so that it doesn't have a chance to proc off dot ticks, or make it so that it isn't passive at all, this makes it much more vulnerable to cleansing and with the nerf to passive cleanse in 1.8 the combination will be glorious. Problem solved.
    Iirc VM and FB don't proc off dot ticks.
    I'd rather it be uncleansable if it was actively applied, preferably with a short duration.
    ~Quiescent

Removing or nerfing Fell Blades is completely unnessiccary. I would like to see all healing debuffs moved from passive application to an active ability, make them non cleanseable and place them on CD. this is obviously my personal opinion but i believe it brings a higher level of skill to the table than just passivly appling healing debuffs. Will also force players to coordinate assist trains alot more than presently and may cause a huge uproar from the tunnel visioning pugs who inherently thining that spamming their macros on a tank who has three healers is the best use of their dps. Overall though I think it will be an improvment for PvP and the game.

Iirc VM and FB don't proc off dot ticks.
    I'd rather it be uncleansable if it was actively applied, preferably with a short duration.
    I've had it pop up on me after a rogue poofed on me so i assume it procced off a dot tick. Either way, it shouldn't be a passive application, just as cleanses/purges should never be a passive application.
    Last edited by Nuitaran; 03-21-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    KABOOM!

I don't understand these NB/RS rogues who claim to not be able to pressure without FB.

I play a p40 champion and NB/RS rogues destroy me because I have no way to heal myself, nor do I have any defensive CD's. You rogues on the other hand can pop 10k RS shields, 80% DR and 50% DR/50% self-heal cooldowns from NB and you have FB to not only reduce the healing I receive but heal yourself for half of that healing. Assuming they take the siphon away (40% "nerf" LOL) you still have more survivability, far more survivability in fact, than I do as a lowly non-healing champion.

Even with my physical-only damage that gets crippled by cleric armour and valour and zero defensive cool downs I have no problem applying pressure to clerics and healers in general. Sometimes I can solo healers, sometimes I can't. If I am facing an even-skill p40 cleric it is impossible for me to win that fight. That cleric is capable of self-healing through my damage long enough for me to die to their dots and waterjets.

NB/RS dps and champ dps is almost the same as far as I've seen, i.e. when I face most NB/RS our hp are pretty even until they get low and pop one of their CDs to survive while they finish me off.

So how is it that champions have no defensive CD's and a lingering wounds debuff that doesn't let me siphon 50% of the healing my target receives? How come I can pressure without these abilities yet poor NB/RS can't when we do comparable damage and magic damage at that.

TL;DR: Champions and NB/RS dps is comparable, champs can pressure healers without any defensive CD's or self-heals, or heal siphoning. So either 1) Give something similar to warriors without sacrificing champ dps, or 2) NB/RS rogues need to crying about being a "weak" class and l2p. Get rid of the siphon but keep the debuff.
    Last edited by lycosis; 03-21-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lycosis View Post
    You rogues on the other hand can pop 10k RS shields
    Why does no one understand how Rift Guard works
    ~Quiescent

Why does no one understand how Rift Guard works
    Yes, because that disproves what I wrote above, correct? Ok, assume that it only shields 1k, or that you don't even have that ability. You still have the other two CD's, magic damage, and the healing nerf from fell blades. Care to rebut my other points, or is chirping one error enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by lycosis View Post
    Yes, because that disproves what I wrote above, correct? Ok, assume that it only shields 1k, or that you don't even have that ability. You still have the other two CD's, magic damage, and the healing nerf from fell blades. Care to rebut my other points, or is chirping one error enough for you?
    I just find it amusing when people complain about something they don't understand.
    ~Quiescent

I don't need to understand the intricacies of every ability in order to understand that is a benefit to that class' survivability when facing a healer. ANY DR/shield no matter how it works is beneficial, so like I said above, where is the warrior equivalent that doesn't reduce my DPS by forcing me to use SnB?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast