+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Buff removal "errors"

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default Buff removal "errors"

    Not sure if it is only me but has anyone ever noticed exactly what they are "eradicating, spell sundering" etc...

    I've begun to notice that when my buffs are being stolen, nearly all of them are being removed. Blade spells...stam buffs...etc..

    But say as an example when i do the same exact thing to another class, say a Chloro. I can remove some of his buffs but not all, main one being the Veils?

    Ive just dipped my toes into pvp but how in a sense is this fair? they can remove my buffs which cause extra damage, warp resets, self healing procs, etc... but i cant get rid of a mages buff that cuases them to heal?

    Any thoughts? Also Kudos on the lvl 50 weapon rune fix. Sure alot of twinks arent happy about that... ^_^ Sadly though it came after i entered the 50 bracket of pvp =[

  2. #2
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
    Not sure if it is only me but has anyone ever noticed exactly what they are "eradicating, spell sundering" etc...

    I've begun to notice that when my buffs are being stolen, nearly all of them are being removed. Blade spells...stam buffs...etc..

    But say as an example when i do the same exact thing to another class, say a Chloro. I can remove some of his buffs but not all, main one being the Veils?

    Ive just dipped my toes into pvp but how in a sense is this fair? they can remove my buffs which cause extra damage, warp resets, self healing procs, etc... but i cant get rid of a mages buff that cuases them to heal?

    Any thoughts? Also Kudos on the lvl 50 weapon rune fix. Sure alot of twinks arent happy about that... ^_^ Sadly though it came after i entered the 50 bracket of pvp =[
    Mandatory spells are unpurgeable
    er.. Mandatory may be a bad description, pretty much buffs that don't have a time frame, or consumables.

    IE: Veils, Phases, and the energy one for Warriors forget name.
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-21-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Mandatory spells are unpurgeable
    er.. Mandatory may be a bad description, pretty much buffs that don't have a time frame, or consumables.

    IE: Veils, Phases, and the energy one for Warriors forget name.
    Nearly every buff/consumable has a time frame. Veils have an hour, pots have maybe an hour(but pots obviously shouldnt be purge-able).

    In all technically any self buff is "mandatory" because it assists them with theyre role. But if my "rift blade of something dumb" helps me with mobility/ extra damage can be removed... Why cant they veil of give out awesome heals in pyro be removed? I can remove pyros fire armor and the instant cast proc armor, But not a veil. It makes no sense.
    Last edited by FiXT; 03-21-2012 at 01:19 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
    Nearly every buff/consumable has a time frame. Veils have an hour, pots have maybe an hour.

    In all technically any self buff is "mandatory" because it assists them with theyre role. But if my "rift blade of something dumb" helps me with mobility/ extra damage can be removed... Why cant they veil of give out awesome heals in pyro be removed? I can remove pyros fire armor and the instant cast proc armor, But not a veil. It makes no sense.
    Welcome to Rift. Just how it is man. You can always go fight the man if you really wanna =P
    I wouldnt suggest it though.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    To clarify:
    Buffs that are important to the functioning of a soul are non-purgeable.

    For example:
    Lurking Decay -- Necessary for Cab to work at all.
    Cavalier -- Necessary for Justicar to gain Convictions, a soul mechanic.
    Lifegiving/Bound Veil -- Necessary for chloro to heal.
    Bearings -- Necessary for Champ to not suck balls.
    Pacts -- Non-purgeable, soul mechanic. Necessary for multiple abilities to work.
    WOTM -- Not sure why, but..*Shrugs*
    Stalker/Guardian Phase -- Necessary for Riftstalker...I think.

    Anyways, it would make life hell for those souls if those buffs were purgeable.

    EDIT:
    Also...Lifegiving Veil is not in the Pyro tree, it is in the chloro tree. Welcome to Rift's soul system -- It's a bit diverse.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 03-21-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

  6. #6
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    To clarify:
    Buffs that are important to the functioning of a soul are non-purgeable.

    For example:
    Lurking Decay -- Necessary for Cab to work at all.
    Lifegiving/Bound Veil -- Necessary for chloro to heal.
    Bearings -- Necessary for Champ to not suck balls.
    Stalker/Guardian Phase -- Necessary for Riftstalker...I think.

    Anyways, it would make life hell for those souls if those buffs were purgeable.
    I think us Rogues would be fine if ours was purgeable. 1 sec GCD reapplying isn't a big deal, but meh I wont complain.

    But thanks Hunt, I've been gone for quite a while.
    My knowledge is starting to get rusty.
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-21-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    To clarify:
    Buffs that are important to the functioning of a soul are non-purgeable.

    For example:
    Lurking Decay -- Necessary for Cab to work at all.
    Lifegiving/Bound Veil -- Necessary for chloro to heal.
    Bearings -- Necessary for Champ to not suck balls.
    Stalker/Guardian Phase -- Necessary for Riftstalker...I think.

    Anyways, it would make life hell for those souls if those buffs were purgeable.
    Speaking of Bearings... i had a rogue spam eradicate in a warfront and EVERY buff was gone, Slayers bearing, blade spell, everything...all i had was that pvp modifier buff...

  8. #8
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
    Speaking of Bearings... i had a rogue spam eradicate in a warfront and EVERY buff was gone, Slayers bearing, blade spell, everything...all i had was that pvp modifier buff...
    When was this. If it was recent then you forgot to have it on you. If it was a while ago then thats because it wasn't always unpurgeable.
    Possible user error that you double tapped? or hit a wrong hotkey to take it down?
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-21-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
    Speaking of Bearings... i had a rogue spam eradicate in a warfront and EVERY buff was gone, Slayers bearing, blade spell, everything...all i had was that pvp modifier buff...
    Soldier's, slayer's, and Destroyer's Bearings are non-purgeable last I checked. You probably just forgot to rebuff after respawning.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Welcome to Rift. Just how it is man. You can always go fight the man if you really wanna =P
    I wouldnt suggest it though.
    I know but in the heat of battle. Sometimes it just doesnt seem fair yah know? LBV/LGV are more group healing buffs then self healing buffs at the least. Interupt Void life....guess what, hes still spamming the key. Ugh Just kinda sucks whenever all my buffs are stripped. and hes still running around with his and my spell sunders on CD >.>

    and Hunt i buff nearly everytime i spawn... except when im getting spawn camped. Then i just dont care anymore. Ill keep an eye on it but to my personal knowledge my last few battles, its all been purged off me.
    Last edited by FiXT; 03-21-2012 at 01:25 AM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
    I know but in the heat of battle. Sometimes it just doesnt seem fair yah know? LBV/LGV are more group healing buffs then self healing buffs at the least. Interupt Void life....guess what, hes still spamming the key. Ugh Just kinda sucks whenever all my buffs are stripped. and hes still running around with his and my spell sunders on CD >.>
    On the flip-side, you would probably be pissed if your attack points were purgeable. That's a fairly relevant similarity to LGV being purged for chloros.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    On the flip-side, you would probably be pissed if your attack points were purgeable. That's a fairly relevant similarity to LGV being purged for chloros.
    As i say them same thing to a geared healer vs me.... You sir have won the fight *walks away*
    Last edited by FiXT; 03-21-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Fail sentence

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts