+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Figuring out players Rank

Default Figuring out players Rank

Ok, so we cant see what rank ppl have. So we look at their HP.
    What is the average HP for Rank 40 players ? Is it ~10k ? or is it even higher ?
    Im rank 20 atm, and would like to know if Im going up against alot of 40's or not.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    What is the average HP for Rank 40 players ? Is it ~10k ? or is it even higher ?
    Im rank 20 atm, and would like to know if Im going up against alot of 40's or not.
    You are ranked 20.. As in Prestige 20 and don't know how HP is distributed? Or the fact that classes and abilities change this? Let me guess, Rift gets their PvP ideas from guys like this as well.

Why not rephrase question to how long is a piece of string?

Average dps health with rank 40 is usually around ~8k. You won't see a "dps" with 10k+ health unless it's a mage/warrior (occasionally a 9k or so rogue) in "loltroll" specs.
    Last edited by vAnathema; 03-20-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    You are ranked 20.. As in Prestige 20 and don't know how HP is distributed? Or the fact that classes and abilities change this? Let me guess, Rift gets their PvP ideas from guys like this as well.

Why not rephrase question to how long is a piece of string?
    Ofc I understand and knows that it varies between classes ..im not stupid !
    But plenty of ppl have said to look at HP if you want a hint on the enemies Rank.
    THerefor I wonder if its roughly 10k or even higher.
    I wasnt sure if I had met any 40's yet.

Ascendant

Ya, 8-9k seems to be about standard.

Don't feed Shadowboxerz. He's another one of these, "mad about Rift PvP but lacking the testicular fortitude to move on so I'll just troll the forums until I get banned" kind of guys. The less you poke him, the less noise he makes.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Ya, 8-9k seems to be about standard.

Don't feed Shadowboxerz. He's another one of these, "mad about Rift PvP but lacking the testicular fortitude to move on so I'll just troll the forums until I get banned" kind of guys. The less you poke him, the less noise he makes.
    Excuse you?

I made a pretty valid point. The OP mentions nothing about what class he was even mentioning when speaking of HP> goes back to how long is a piece of string.. Or walking into a store and asking for a pack of smokes when it is obvious there is a variety of brands.

A sign up of Mar 2011 and a P20 asking a question like this further explains why the game is in the state its in regards to PvP.

Don't think so? Go browse a PvP games forums and PLEASE show me all the whines and cries you see on this forum. Or show me where people say the game they are playing is so boring and there is little to no point in it (like this game) I bet you ya couldn't!

Now, off you go with your tail between your legs because you will have no logical response to my post.

Ascendant

Excuse you?

I made a pretty valid point. The OP mentions nothing about what class he was even mentioning when speaking of HP> goes back to how long is a piece of string.. Or walking into a store and asking for a pack of smokes when it is obvious there is a variety of brands.

A sign up of Mar 2011 and a P20 asking a question like this further explains why the game is in the state its in regards to PvP.

Don't think so? Go browse a PvP games forums and PLEASE show me all the whines and cries you see on this forum. Or show me where people say the game they are playing is so boring and there is little to no point in it (like this game) I bet you ya couldn't!

Now, off you go with your tail between your legs because you will have no logical response to my post.
    I said what I meant. I meant what I said. All you do lately is post in every thread you come across about how awesome old PvP games were and how much of a failure Rift is, yet you're still here. You hate it so bad yet...you're still here. Contributing to the QQ. So you want to bash people for complaining? Look in the mirror, sport, and solve that problem first.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I said what I meant. I meant what I said. All you do lately is post in every thread you come across about how awesome old PvP games were and how much of a failure Rift is, yet you're still here. You hate it so bad yet...you're still here. Contributing to the QQ. So you want to bash people for complaining? Look in the mirror, sport, and solve that problem first.
    What you said made no sense. Rift does not need ideas from a guy like you in any shape or form, haven't some of you already done enough?

Now, if you can't show me all the threads I asked for in my prior posts, well than you really have no reason to reply.

I complain because of something being pointless, easy and boring with no point, something I never experienced in any other MMO.

Not because harry's pet can shoot fireballs out his butt so my pet should be able to do it too.

One person is trying to better develop an aspect of gameplay, while the other just wants a bottle because the other kid has one.
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-20-2012 at 10:56 AM.

I'd say any rogue/mage/cleric with 7K plus could be P40 depending on spec and gear, warriors 8K+. I'm usually at about 7200 or so.

My formulae:

Anything that killed me outgears me.

/totallynotarrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    I'd say any rogue/mage/cleric with 7K plus could be P40 depending on spec and gear, warriors 8K+. I'm usually at about 7200 or so.

I'm missing 5 pieces of rank 8 gear and I sit at like 8k health.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 03-20-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Plane Touched

I made a pretty valid point. The OP mentions nothing about what class he was even mentioning when speaking of HP> goes back to how long is a piece of string..
    The question, clearly stated in the thread title, was how do you figure out a player's rank.
    You did not answer it, you just bemoaned the fact that he didn't know the answer already. Then, after a little more complaining, you suggested we go to some other game's forum to see the lack of complaining. Bizarre.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf9 View Post
    The question, clearly stated in the thread title, was how do you figure out a player's rank.
    You did not answer it, you just bemoaned the fact that he didn't know the answer already. Then, after a little more complaining, you suggested we go to some other game's forum to see the lack of complaining. Bizarre.
    Hmm coulda swore he mentioned how much HP a P40 has with no mention of classes

You fail to mention that though huh?

I havnt played it for very long. Me and my BF got the game at launch, played for a while and then quit. Been on a pretty long break from the game. Alot has changed while we tried other games.

We just got back 2-3 weeks ago.

Ofc I understand and knows that it varies between classes ..im not stupid !
    But plenty of ppl have said to look at HP if you want a hint on the enemies Rank.
    THerefor I wonder if its roughly 10k or even higher.
    I wasnt sure if I had met any 40's yet.
    yeah that person's just a dedicated troll, wouldn't take much he/she says to heart

if ur in wfs just look at the scoreboard
    or better yet read ur combat log, i have mine out in a separate window
    Last edited by Sykk; 03-20-2012 at 12:26 PM.

It can be more difficult to tell in this game than it is in others mainly because of the various specs available to each class. The more you play in your cluster, the more you will get used to who is around what rank. After a while you will get a "feel" for what people your rank usually have- there's a definite range. Keep in mind that someone may be P40 and not have all their gear. Some people like to augment for Endurance. There are many variables that can all add up.

For instance, I am P40 with all my gear. In both my 51Chloro and my Chloro/Dom, I am in the high 9K range, I think I may be over 10K in 51Chloro. However, switching into 51 Dom puts me in the 7K Range.

Unfortunately the real test is to fight the opponent. If you wake up at spawn wondering WTF hit you, that was a P40.

Welcome back to Rift and- ignore the meanies.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast