Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: My final feedback before I go

Rift Disciple

Default My final feedback before I go

I will be taking a break from Rift after hardcore playing since beta. Below are my reasons why I am leaving, but I will definitely return if these points are improved :

a) Main reason for leaving is, I don't enjoy grinding pve/dungeons for PA xp, when the PA rewards are merely fluff and minor stat increases. I know there are counter arguments to this point, but I am stating the fact which made me leave

b) Without a pvp end game, or without a open world pvp system with meaningful objectives that help increase player or faction pride, I can only further progress my character through HK raiding, or PA xp farming. This leads to my next points

c) You can only play T1/T2 an x number of times before you get bored of them. There is nothing dynamic about the Rift dungeons. Coupled with point (a), this makes me a very bored player

d) I have played the WF thousands of times. Being a pvp player, I loved the WFs at first, but similar to T1/T2 dungeons, it will be a matter of time playing x number of times before pondering over the meaning of repeating the same WFs over and over

e) The rewards for doing all of the above, aren't rewarding enough to make me feel I am making progress because I have spent x amount of hours more than newer players. Why is this an important point, you will ask? Because then I would rather be playing BF3 where there is no subscription fee, since Rift feels like an FPS anyway, since both old and new players have been 'normalized' to give a chance to new players

f) I only spent 20% of my time in HK raids. While it is fun at first and you may get a piece of gear that improves you, however not everyone is a hardcore raider

While I applaud Trion for changing it's strategy to bring in new players, I won't be coming back, until a legacy or veteran system is in place, that recognizes and rewards loyal players who have spent their lives in Rift, and not merely 'normalizing' them, then maybe I may return to this game.

I wish all players well and enjoy the game, as Rift is really the best mmo currently out in the market.

Ascendant

You already posted your goodbye thread in general, so goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakarnum View Post
    I wish all players well and enjoy the game, as Rift is really the best mmo currently out in the market.
    Sounds like you dont want to be playing an MMO. All the things you described are typical of any generic MMO out there.

Go play your FPS. It certainly isnt as "dynamic" as Rift

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    Sounds like you dont want to be playing an MMO. All the things you described are typical of any generic MMO out there.

Normalizing veteran players is not 'typical' of any mmo

Plane Walker

Thats not correct, it s generic with Rift and Wow..

Players want a better PvP system with more fun, .. nobody is knocking you because you decide to post some nonsense about 11 11 hk whaterver that garbage means. Not everybody like raiding or PVE in general unless you don't mind running on a treadmill. Keep running yet you see nothing new and nothing fun.. same thing.. over and over and over and over and over and over until you uninstall the game because Trion didnt give 98239823978 inventory slots for loot. End game in Rift is a game with no value or purpose (PvP at least)

I applaud the OP for his choice.
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-19-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Players want a better PvP system with more fun, .. nobody is knocking you because you decide to post some nonsense about 11 11 hk whaterver that garbage means. Not everybody like raiding or PVE in general unless you don't mind running on a treadmill.
    PvP is an aspect of Rift, but Rift is centralised around Raiding. Rift is not a PvP game, it only has a PvP component to it.

If people choose to focus on a smaller aspect of a game 100%, of course they will find themselves being bored. It's like someone who only watches one series on TV, then complains there's nothing else to watch.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

Ascendant

PvP is an aspect of Rift, but Rift is centralised around Raiding. Rift is not a PvP game, it only has a PvP component to it.

If people choose to focus on a smaller aspect of a game 100%, of course they will find themselves being bored. It's like someone who only watches one series on TV, then complains there's nothing else to watch.
    If I had to raid I would get bored quickly with it. You PvE'ers can't understand that some of us despise raiding. Why should we be relegated as 2nd class MMO citizens?

At any rate, I guess I am inb4lock.

Plane Walker

Yes, but there isn't anything different in this game opposed to WOW.. what that tennicles spawn from the sky ? I mean seriously.. There is no point in cloning a game without some major, major changes. I'm sure many Ex WoW players thought, why leave WoW to re make a toon in the same exact game and start from scratch? I know, some of you ex wow players will say.. its different in lots of ways yadada.. But I have a bit more sense than that.

If rifts customer base wants a better PvP system, it is in their best interest if they want to survive long term to give customer bases what they like. There are tons of people that are asking for big changes, there is still thousands in other games that like these type of systems. Trion should be trying to target all markets as the WOW market isn't cutting it. I bet they thought if they just got 10% of WOW 10 mil sub base they would do well, but at 250k subs and no sign of going up, it was a bad idea. They need to do PvP better. They need to do everything and anyhting WOW hasn't. They need to stand OUT from the competition, not just be another MMO theme park cloned from WoW with no real purpose in PvP..Any company can take one game and clone it, tweak a few things and think they deserve a pat on the back. Real pioneers take another idea and make it completely blow away any competition.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    If I had to raid I would get bored quickly with it. You PvE'ers can't understand that some of us despise raiding. Why should we be relegated as 2nd class MMO citizens?
    You're not, at all. The game is what it is. Trion present you with a plethora of activites and you turn your nose up at them and choose to focus on one thing.

The game is designed for players to try all the different things, the devs arent forcing you to only play Warfronts. If you choose to play that way, then there's not much of a leg to stand on. You have no right to complain saying that youre bored. Rift is big for it's age, but you're choosing not to play the full game.

I'm R40, i've grinded to p6 before the vials and before p8 was released, i know what you're talking about. PvP is pretty bland these days but i do other things as well - as the Developers intended.
    Last edited by The Witchking; 03-19-2012 at 05:35 PM.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

I is hardcore! I press buttons harder and faster than you!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post

At any rate, I guess I am inb4lock.
    I do both PvE and PvP and enjoy both very much. I used to PvP for PvE, but now I PvP for PvP because I enjoy it.

PvE is scripted but does require good coordination of a raid. To a certain extent raiding gives me the full immersion in MMOs. PvP on the other hand is more dynamic and very fun when you have solid pre-mades on both sides. The satisfaction on both is different with PvE providing moments of immense relief and accomplishments (downing a major raid boss roadblock) whilst PvP is more constant.

Unfortunately the game is more PvE focused at this stage. I see the PvP community being very active in holding unofficial tournaments which is great but ultimately would not gain traction due to it being unofficial. I do think that PvP needs more attention in this regard as clearly PvP'ers make up a strong and vocal part of this community.

Plane Walker

You're not, at all. The game is what it is. Trion present you with a plethora of activites and you turn your nose up at them and choose to focus on one thing.

The game is designed for players to try all the different things, the devs arent forcing you to only play Warfronts. If you choose to play that way, then there's not much of a leg to stand on. You have no right to complain saying that youre bored. Rift is big for it's age, but you're choosing not to play the full game.

I'm R40, i've grinded to p6 before the vials and before p8 was released, i know what you're talking about. PvP is pretty bland these days but i do other things as well - as the Developers intended.

What activities? PVE is not an activity for many players and it comes in all shapes and sizes. I saw Rift and PvP server and thought man I'm in for some fun.. Man was I wrong.

I'm not interested in smashing balloons at a carnival, I dont want prize tickets unless my prize can be a faster and better dagger to slay people with so I can farm a PVE group for gold and plat because I HATE pve.

A real world PvP sandbox system will give people more things to do than you know what.. 10fold over any Pve content ever could because news ingame would be important. Political systems will shape the server and that isn;t something a dev should ever be able to control. Let the players decide what will be done and what rules and laws we live by. A guild should be able to control territory and tax player housing. A guild should be able to set Kill on site for their enemies. not because an NPC said it was my enemy, but because 4 tools thought it was funny to gank a new player to our guild while he was leveling and took all his gold.. These are things that go FAR beyond what a dev can give you in any Event with parade and balloons my friend.
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-19-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Default ..

Really? Tried DAOC??
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakarnum View Post
    d) I have played the WF thousands of times. Being a pvp player, I loved the WFs at first, but similar to T1/T2 dungeons, it will be a matter of time playing x number of times before pondering over the meaning of repeating the same WFs over and over

A well made map never tires for pvp value. I enjoyed some of the same quality maps in FPS games for over a decade now. Theres a couple maps I STILL play and still get sucked into and love that I first saw 11 years ago. They never get old. Of course, if people do grow tired of the existing maps....well maybe the map isn't the utmost quality it could be. Quality maps/scenarios are timeless.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Yes, but there isn't anything different in this game opposed to WOW.. what that tennicles spawn from the sky ? I mean seriously.. There is no point in cloning a game without some major, major changes. I'm sure many Ex WoW players thought, why leave WoW to re make a toon in the same exact game and start from scratch? I know, some of you ex wow players will say.. its different in lots of ways yadada.. But I have a bit more sense than that.
    i liked that you could talk to the opp faction while killing them, some diff bgs/wfs, better graphics, don't haveta fly to places, pvp loot is nice...

it was good enough to take a break from wow imo but not enough to replace it
    i would blame the mechanics more than content (latency/fps comparison, abilities not working, etc)
    that & the merc system, cus the teamship before it was better (playin with too many unknowns- maybe they all quit idk)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast