+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dunarr

Thread: A proposed change to the merc system

Default A proposed change to the merc system

There has been a lot of anger in the merc system. Anger I can understand. "Why am I fighting on the enimies side?" and be FORCED to do it. Some people donít care.

Here are 2 changes that would go a long way to fixing the merc system.

1) (Obvious one) Put a checkbox on the warfront screen to opt out of being a merc.
    2) Put another checkbox on the warfront screen to Only be a merc. If someone wants to be a double agent, let him. Just donít force him.

The key part is choice.

My guess as to what would happen is that some people will never be a merc (very few). Most people just want to have fun and enjoy a good pvp battle and will choose to be a merc sometimes. Some people will want to be a merc just to see what the other side is doing: when I am a merc I find it very educational to see how the opposing team fights. ( The double agent bit ) Some people will only play as a merc. Thatís fine too, itís their Choice.

If people didn't exploit the queues that would work, they do though.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Dunarr View Post
    There has been a lot of anger in the merc system. Anger I can understand. "Why am I fighting on the enimies side?" and be FORCED to do it. Some people donít care.

Here are 2 changes that would go a long way to fixing the merc system.

1) (Obvious one) Put a checkbox on the warfront screen to opt out of being a merc.
    2) Put another checkbox on the warfront screen to Only be a merc. If someone wants to be a double agent, let him. Just donít force him.

The key part is choice.

My guess as to what would happen is that some people will never be a merc (very few). Most people just want to have fun and enjoy a good pvp battle and will choose to be a merc sometimes. Some people will want to be a merc just to see what the other side is doing: when I am a merc I find it very educational to see how the opposing team fights. ( The double agent bit ) Some people will only play as a merc. Thatís fine too, itís their Choice.
    My suggestion to you.

Search function. Use it.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread