+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PyroDot spec! 1.7 Patch

Rift Master

Default PyroDot spec! 1.7 Patch

My version of the so called Pyro/Lock spec below.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...h.xxohzVqxo.-5

Intro:
    In my search for playing a Dotbased build since 51 Warlock is not viable in PvP these days i came up with this one after alot of testing in warfronts.

Macros Below...

Name: Spam
    #show Flame Bolt
    /Cast countdown
    /Cast Flame Bolt
    /Suppressmacrofailures
    /Cast Ignite

Name: Spike
    #show Draining Bolt
    /Cast Draining Bolt
    /Suppressmacrofailures
    /Cast Dark Touch

This build is the King of kiting for a mage, The overall Survivability is nice, the burst is good and the AoE is descent.
    This build is kinda super easy to use, but offers a little more advanced rotations depending on how Opportunity Proccs and if you have the time to Hardcast a fireball once in a while.

Playstyle is overall as the Pyro/Lock spec but with the Ignite spam for kiteing while do some dmg while you wait for those opportunity proccs if you beeing hard pressured by those NB/RS flies or in your face warriors.

This spec is very crit dependant, Ignite will do crap dmg unless it doesn't crit so i igore the vitality buff for extra HP and go for 5% extra crit here aswell in the warlock tree. (this is overall depending on what suits your own "taste").

Also this build req high SP aswell, i wouldn't recommend anyone using it unless your rocking 2k-2.2k SP (Buffed and Vengence included) on your mage.

Can say that ive been topping KB and DMG with this many times, so i say it's pretty much viable (but it's also depending on the player ofc, bads will allways be bads).

The rest i let you guys figure out on your own, some feedback would also be nice.

Kisses and Hugs/ B****bies Bloodiron EU
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 03-19-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Telaran

Yeah... I been running this spec for a while... only spec I found with decent spammable spell with no cd or cast time.

Also has bonus of nice absorb shield.

Telaran

In essence, imho Archon is the better 3rd soul if you want to dot.
    For several reasons:

Searing Vitality > Ignite:

1) more overall damage
    2) same charge (9)
    3) endurance buff

Opportunity + Pillaging stone = underrated in pvp

Additionally, i'd move 3 points into improved life leech, 3 into magical affinity, drop nedds torture (waste of GCD). The specced life leech is absolutely worth throwing out there with an opportunity proc (even more so in 1.8) and unlike nedds torture, it actually yields damage when not insta-cleansed.

Countdown, Combust, Searing, Dark Touch, Life Leech + inferno, flame bolt, fireball = death

Also, since you emphasized kiting, you can pick up Flowing Sand for 6 points and get 5% fire damage on the way (which is better than 5% crit if your crit is near cap anyways).

All in all i think the 8 points in Elementalist are pretty much wasted.
    Archon wins hands down, even with only 6 or even 0 points.

You don't get a substitute for Ignite, but then again, you don't need one.
    Searing will do more damage and have you smash less buttons at the same time.
    Imho this contributes positively to how you spend your opp procs.
    Last edited by Rodeirk; 03-19-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Rift Master

The best part about this build: it's very effective against mages (unless they're doms), rogues (unless they've invested in pvp PA), clerics (unless they've got any self-healing whatsoever), and warriors (unless they're VKs).

Wonder why dot builds aren't more common in pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    My version of the so called Pyro/Lock spec below.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...h.xxohzVqxo.-5

Intro:
    In my search for playing a Dotbased build since 51 Warlock is not viable in PvP these days i came up with this one after alot of testing in warfronts.

Macros Below...

Name: Spam
    #show Flame Bolt
    /Cast countdown
    /Cast Flame Bolt
    /Suppressmacrofailures
    /Cast Ignite

Name: Spike
    #show Draining Bolt
    /Cast Draining Bolt
    /Suppressmacrofailures
    /Cast Dark Touch

This build is the King of kiting for a mage, The overall Survivability is nice, the burst is good and the AoE is descent.
    This build is kinda super easy to use, but offers a little more advanced rotations depending on how Opportunity Proccs and if you have the time to Hardcast a fireball once in a while.

Playstyle is overall as the Pyro/Lock spec but with the Ignite spam for kiteing while do some dmg while you wait for those opportunity proccs if you beeing hard pressured by those NB/RS flies or in your face warriors.

This spec is very crit dependant, Ignite will do crap dmg unless it doesn't crit so i igore the vitality buff for extra HP and go for 5% extra crit here aswell in the warlock tree. (this is overall depending on what suits your own "taste").

Also this build req high SP aswell, i wouldn't recommend anyone using it unless your rocking 2k-2.2k SP (Buffed and Vengence included) on your mage.

Can say that ive been topping KB and DMG with this many times, so i say it's pretty much viable (but it's also depending on the player ofc, bads will allways be bads).

The rest i let you guys figure out on your own, some feedback would also be nice.

Kisses and Hugs/ B****bies Bloodiron EU
    No Defile? Honestly anyone playing a proper 38 lock / 28 pyro is going to eat you up just because of the extra bump from Defile. And choke is always a treat 1v1
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    No Defile? Honestly anyone playing a proper 38 lock / 28 pyro is going to eat you up just because of the extra bump from Defile. And choke is always a treat 1v1
    It has choke...''

Nope, no defile.
    The thing is, i don't cast Ignite and watch it tick on the enemy... I SPAM it while i kite, and it's doing more dmg then defile do alone and then it gives me opportunity proccs. This build suits my playstyle beacouse of 3 reasons.

1: Ignite don't consume charge, so when you activate internalize charge the activation time is longer.
    2: Ignite SPAM do more dmg then Defile do alone, also when you stop spamming (Your enemy out of range) it then it ticks for dmg.
    3: I spam it and then proccs opportunity, the spamming dmg is more then Rogues do with their single target builders and i also i have harder hitting finishers (Fireball, Cynderburst)

But then again the neddras torture part i only use on Rogues/Warriors running away (Countdown, Neddras torture, Dark touch, Ignite) etc.

Is neddras torture awesome, NO hate it couse it's dmg is to low. But i kinda wanted a different playstyle aswell on my version of the Pyro/Lock.

I hope 1.8 will make Mages dots much more viable and that they move defile down in the tree, then i would be happy. Also buffing the overall dmg of all dots in PvP ofc.

Anyway iam happy for all the feedback, makes me relook and consider doing changes to make build more viable. All feedback is good feedback.
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 03-20-2012 at 12:13 PM.

You can spam searing vitality instead. Searing vitality also gives you endurance. SV will actually doubletick if you spam it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    You can spam searing vitality instead. Searing vitality also gives you endurance. SV will actually doubletick if you spam it.
    How is Searing Vitalitys dmg compared to ignite spam dmg? (nope i never tested it)
    Spamming ignite do 1.4k dmg on dummy atm for me when iam fully buffed up.
    But if Searing is much better dmg i would be really happy to use that instead.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    The best part about this build: it's very effective against mages (unless they're doms), rogues (unless they've invested in pvp PA), clerics (unless they've got any self-healing whatsoever), and warriors (unless they're VKs).

Wonder why dot builds aren't more common in pvp...
    You are wrong.

I killed all mages that arent Pure Chloro/Doms, you bringing up a VK argue? (Hint: Pyro/Dom don't kill VK either). Killed all dps clerics too and healing clerics (But not 1vs1, but you are not suppose to take down a full healer 1vs1 either)...

I dont think people here understand how this build works, since they loling about defile all the time.

Time to explain then i guess...

First of lets look at the Ignite spell alone.

Ignite
    18Mana
    Instant

+9 charge
    Lights the enemy aflame, inflicting 700dmg (that was it said on my bar with 1845 SP, not counting in vengence here) INSTANTLY and additional dmg AFTER.

Not lets look at warlock.

*Neddra's Influence
    Increase the dmg on your death and fire based dmg over time SPELLS by 15% + 1.5% for each point spent in the warlock soul (Buffs both the 700 spammable DIRECT dmg Ingite does AND the DoT effect)

Dark Power Increase you spell dmg by 10% + Improved mage armor increase you dmg by 10%

So from warlock 63%+10%+10%= 83% dmg buff to the DIRECT DMG Ignite does

Now lets Look at Pyro.

Fire armor + 5% fire dmg
    Glyphs of power + 10% dmg (whil standing still)
    Burning Bright increase your fire dmg by 1.2% for each point spent in pyro soul
    Flame bolt + 10% dmg to your spells (100 % uptime

31,2% + 10% + 5% + 10%= 56.2% dmg buff to the DIRECT dmg ignite does

Summon up below.

Now Pyro 56.2% dmg + Warlock 83% dmg = buff your ignite spell by 139.2% (now the direct spammable dmg the spell does, indeed are descent)

Add 1 GCD too it and start spamming ignite and you will see what happens...

Conclusion below...

On dummy with 1856 SP ( Without vengence buffs) it does max somewhere 1400dmg per spam (average dmg 1250-1345), but note Vengence aren't included here.

So in PvP it normally hits for 845dmg on crit (higher of lower valored targets then around 1200dmg +).

Now NOTE, that this dmg is SPAMMABLE with 1gcd.

Anyone else wanna keep Trolling me about the loss of Defile or Searing vitality?

I think an average 845dmg +1200dmg spammable ignite is faar superior, too Both Defile and searing vitality added together acually per gcd.

Or maybe your Defile ticks for 845dmg- 1200dmg per tick in PvP??

Didn't think soo...
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 03-20-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    You are wrong.

I killed all mages that arent Pure Chloro/Doms, you bringing up a VK argue? (Hint: Pyro/Dom don't kill VK either). Killed all dps clerics too and healing clerics (But not 1vs1, but you are not suppose to take down a full healer 1vs1 either)...

I dont think people here understand how this build works, since they loling about defile all the time.

Time to explain then i guess...

First of lets look at the Ignite spell alone.

Ignite
    18Mana
    Instant

+9 charge
    Lights the enemy aflame, inflicting 700dmg (that was it said on my bar with 1845 SP, not counting in vengence here) INSTANTLY and additional dmg AFTER.

Not lets look at warlock.

*Neddra's Influence
    Increase the dmg on your death and fire based dmg over time SPELLS by 15% + 1.5% for each point spent in the warlock soul (Buffs both the 700 spammable DIRECT dmg Ingite does AND the DoT effect)

Dark Power Increase you spell dmg by 10% + Improved mage armor increase you dmg by 10%

So from warlock 63%+10%+10%= 83% dmg buff to the DIRECT DMG Ignite does

Now lets Look at Pyro.

Fire armor + 5% fire dmg
    Glyphs of power + 10% dmg (whil standing still)
    Burning Bright increase your fire dmg by 1.2% for each point spent in pyro soul
    Flame bolt + 10% dmg to your spells (100 % uptime

31,2% + 10% + 5% + 10%= 56.2% dmg buff to the DIRECT dmg ignite does

Summon up below.

Now Pyro 56.2% dmg + Warlock 83% dmg = buff your ignite spell by 139.2% (now the direct spammable dmg the spell does, indeed are descent)

Add 1 GCD too it and start spamming ignite and you will see what happens...

Conclusion below...

On dummy with 1856 SP ( Without vengence buffs) it does max somewhere 1400dmg per spam (average dmg 1250-1345), but note Vengence aren't included here.

So in PvP it normally hits for 845dmg on crit (higher of lower valored targets then around 1200dmg +).

Now NOTE, that this dmg is SPAMMABLE with 1gcd.

Anyone else wanna keep Trolling me about the loss of Defile or Searing vitality?

I think an average 845dmg +1200dmg spammable ignite is faar superior, too Both Defile and searing vitality added together acually per gcd.

Or maybe your Defile ticks for 845dmg- 1200dmg per tick in PvP??

Didn't think soo...
    Well congrats, because if any of this is true then you have just single-handedly got ignite or the buffs/debuffs or both nerfed. Keep any viable build you find off the forums so the trigger happy nerf-bat wielders don't ignite your class leaving nothing but tears and ash...it feeds them.
    Patches Warriors have been screwed: 1.8/1.8

Plane Touched

lock crystal would be pretty decent for this build with the 10% crit for your ignite. I'm not sure though.
    Patches Warriors have been screwed: 1.8/1.8

Hey there interesting build, Im inclined to test it out later..

I am going to call you out on putting a point into firestorm! IF you are emphasizing kiting, the 3rd point into your flamebolt talent would be much more valuable imo (You claim you open up with a flamebolt every time.) That would add 3.333% damage, and guarentee a combust tick for 8 seconds ;). You can argue how "firestorm fits your playstyle" but personally I think its useless when IM rofl-hopping around killing melee. And again ;) DITCH NEDDRAS TORTURE. Grab some more hit points!

I havn't played this build yet, but It seems horrible against other casters. Im a reflect **** from the dominator tree, so it may get tough for me to open up to this.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by InternetBorn View Post
    Well congrats, because if any of this is true then you have just single-handedly got ignite or the buffs/debuffs or both nerfed. Keep any viable build you find off the forums so the trigger happy nerf-bat wielders don't ignite your class leaving nothing but tears and ash...it feeds them.
    Yes all of this is true but... It isn't OP. (it-s faar from it btw)
    Good NB/RS rogue can still kill u 1vs1 , Good warriors can still Kill you 1vs1.

But...

The build can do descent DMG while you KITE, thats the GOOD thing about it. When you standing still you DON'T spam Ignite (fools only would do that), you hard cast fireball when you get the chance and apply your other dots etc...

The true Power of the build is when you beeing pressured HARD and need to be on the move, Defile dmg is still too low to do any reasonable dmg to your enemy while you run from him.

But with ignite spam when you are on the run, is descent enough to matter. (here the DoT do the dmg ALL DoTs in Rift should do).

I just Made a viable DoT based build that works.
    Orginal Pyro/Lock still hit HARDER, but this one is better at kiting while still doing descent dmg.
    I would say you will do just as good in your Pyro/Dom as in your PyroDot Spec and that is the main goal of this build.

And best part, It's not Pyro/Dom.

I found a solution, if Trion would nerf my Build (It's not even OP lol) i would Leave this game forever since a nerf is the last thing mages need right now.

I just wanted to share this build to the mage community since many people really want to play a DoT based Build in PvP but can't rely on 51 Lock anymore.

My goal only is to make these kind of people that wish to play DoT based builds on their mages in Rift PvP a little bit less frustrated.

Anyway Enjoy, more secret builds coming up in a near future.

Here below is another version of the build that ive been running today.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...h.xxohkmqxo.-5

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by InternetBorn View Post
    lock crystal would be pretty decent for this build with the 10% crit for your ignite. I'm not sure though.
    No not really, but Oceans wrath will make it a little better though.

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E3C0C261...cean%27s-Wrath

Just to bad i don't have it atm.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    Hey there interesting build, Im inclined to test it out later..

I am going to call you out on putting a point into firestorm! IF you are emphasizing kiting, the 3rd point into your flamebolt talent would be much more valuable imo (You claim you open up with a flamebolt every time.) That would add 3.333% damage, and guarentee a combust tick for 8 seconds ;). You can argue how "firestorm fits your playstyle" but personally I think its useless when IM rofl-hopping around killing melee. And again ;) DITCH NEDDRAS TORTURE. Grab some more hit points!

I havn't played this build yet, but It seems horrible against other casters. Im a reflect **** from the dominator tree, so it may get tough for me to open up to this.
    If played smart you would still kill Other mages that aren't Chloro/dom.

Acually i understand the argue about the point in firestorm, but i really want to have a descent AoE spell with me if it ever come in handy. (It does sometimes, and it also benefits from the warlock buffs alot).

The point into neddra's torture will be swapped for life leech when 1.8 hits (really hope they make it instant and put a cd on it so can be put in macro), until then you can put that point into vitality if you dont like it.

+ Reply to Thread