+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Mercanary - Forced to level and gear opposite team? Game breaking.

Soulwalker

Default Mercanary - Forced to level and gear opposite team? Game breaking.

I am a new rift player as of this week, and purchased this game because I heard it was 2 factions at war with each other, yet it seems if I play warfronts, my chosen form of pvp i'm absolutely forced to help gear and level the side im suppose to be at war with.

I do not want to gear and level up my enemies... why am I forced to? At least let me leave the warfront without the 15minute debuff if im placed as a mercanary.

This is actually ruining the game for me so as of now I am unsubscribing and waiting on an offical answer from trion.

Any games with real faction v faction anyone can suggest since this one really isn't and we all play for the same side it seems.

General of Telara

Sorry unless on a PvP server there really is no Faction vs Faction world game here. If on a PvP server you should be given the option not to merc, only makes sense. Otherwise it is just Red vs Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by SK3tch View Post

I do not want to gear and level up my enemies... why am I forced to? At least let me leave the warfront without the 15minute debuff if im placed as a mercanary.
    Bad players will still be bad even with good gear, why does it matter? It's not like one side is so vastly outgeared compared to the other, nor will that happen, ever.

This is actually ruining the game for me so as of now I am unsubscribing and waiting on an offical answer from trion.
    If I had a dollar for every post like this on these forums I could retire I think. Not a well thought out reason for Trion to give you an answer. You were also not here when the queue times were extremely long in comparison to now. It's a good thing, don't try and ruin a good thing, you don't want to be that guy/girl.

Any games with real faction v faction anyone can suggest since this one really isn't and we all play for the same side it seems.
    Everyone plays to win, why does faction matter? The only way it would matter is if you are an RP player. If that's the case then just deal with it because it's a good thing.
    Last edited by Carnefice; 03-19-2012 at 11:35 AM.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

I'm gonna pull a Holyterror and say "Did you know the auction houses are cross-faction? Yes, that's right! Every time you use the auction house, you're gearing up the opposite faction!"

GG. Now you can't use an auction house anymore bro
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-19-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Prophet of Telara

What do you expect when you buy into the hype on the box instead of researching the game. At least some of us have an excuse that we were dragged along by hype. If you just bought the game and are now getting mad at it then its your bad.

You're a new player this week and this is troubling you?

I find your post sceptical in the extreme tbh.
    Last edited by Charlice; 03-19-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Plane Walker

I am a new rift player as of this week, and purchased this game because I heard it was 2 factions at war with each other, yet it seems if I play warfronts, my chosen form of pvp i'm absolutely forced to help gear and level the side im suppose to be at war with.

Son.. There are no enemies in this game. Enemies generally means there is something worth fighting for.

Any game with real factions would have something worth fighting over. Not just..."Oh there is a red lets attack" We killed him and gained nothing.. Not even the 5 health pots he had in his inventory.. FAIL.
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxerz View Post
    son.. There are no enemies in this game. Enemies generally means there is something worth fighting for.

Any game with real factions would have something worth fighting over. Not just..."oh there is a red lets attack" we killed him and gained nothing.. Not even the 5 health pots he had in his inventory.. Fail.
    i r raig...di loose everting., best

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    You're a new player this week and this is troubling you?

I find your post sceptical in the extreme tbh.
    LOL sounds similar to that post from sykk?? or whatever his name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    LOL sounds similar to that post from sykk?? or whatever her name is.
    watch it lil boi

OMFG Trion for the love of interwebz give these people an opt out button so I can take of these chest waders!!!
    ~~ Euthan ~~

Telaran

If this disturbs you already.. leave the game. You will not get ANY official answer, with very good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    You will not get ANY official answer, with very good reason.
    & what exactly is that..."lost half our subs can't put a match together any other way?"

Ok let's pretend you have actually only been playing for a week, and you really are questioning why mercs have been introduced.

It has pretty much put an end to 'zomg Trion do something about the 'queue syncing' pre-mades, they are making me cry!!!!'

It has made the matches a lot more balanced. I'm pretty sure of that, because the 60+ threads on 'omg Trion do something about Defiant always winning, it is making me cry!!!' have ceased.

Some of the lolmatched warfronts are actually .. matched now.

The queue times are FAST. It's not open world PvP where you have an enemey as such. IT IS RED VS BLUE. IT IS INSTANCED PVP. To me there is a difference, maybe I'm odd.

Red vs blue was also asked for, repeatedly, by a large number of players of the PvP community.
    More players asked for red vs blue, than are now complaining, because their button pressing pixels are 'gasp' having to play with their arch enemies.

And how are you dealing with playing for your side, with a merc in your team? Are you quite happy to let them heal you? Or cap flags? Or dps?

So sick of these stupid threads. So sick of good ideas being made (yes Meina I'm referring to) and instead of people discussing it, they just keep crying.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    So sick of these stupid threads. So sick of good ideas being made (yes Meina I'm referring to) and instead of people discussing it, they just keep crying.
    i wish they'd sticky the original one so the new complaints wouldn't go unnoticed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast