+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Twink Guild?

Default Twink Guild?

Ok, bear with me, I'm open too constructive criticism, but no pointless flaming.

So, my idea was too make a twink guild (all brackets). Now, I have a lv 50 toon that I raid on, but sometimes when I get bored of Instant Adventures and PA farming, I hop on my twink and do some OP healing XD. It got me thinking too how powerful a group of twinks would be. I understand to an extent that it would dominate PVP, but it's still a concept, thoughts?

Soulwalker

please don't
    the other players want to have some fun as well...

Default Mmmm

I see what you mean, but isn't PVP just a fun side thing? I realise some people level on it, but that's what quests are for. If people really wanna have fun on PVP, why don't they make a twink? Im sure you, like everyone else, love killing enemy players/saving your own ;)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Uxor View Post
    I see what you mean, but isn't PVP just a fun side thing? I realise some people level on it, but that's what quests are for. If people really wanna have fun on PVP, why don't they make a twink? Im sure you, like everyone else, love killing enemy players/saving your own ;)
    yes indeed, pvp is a side thing, something you do in between questing. So if we then join a warfront and we don't have any chance of winning.. well that's no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Timoca View Post
    yes indeed, pvp is a side thing, something you do in between questing. So if we then join a warfront and we don't have any chance of winning.. well that's no fun.
    I see what you mean, I guess it would need some fine tuning too balance it out. but I still think the concept would be really fun. At the end of the day, without trying too sound like a *****, people do what they think is fun, so if a bunch of people wanna dominate PVP because they find it fun, they will.

Ok, bear with me, I'm open too constructive criticism, but no pointless flaming.

So, my idea was too make a twink guild (all brackets). Now, I have a lv 50 toon that I raid on, but sometimes when I get bored of Instant Adventures and PA farming, I hop on my twink and do some OP healing XD. It got me thinking too how powerful a group of twinks would be. I understand to an extent that it would dominate PVP, but it's still a concept, thoughts?
    I used to do those things too.

Then Trion ruined it... and will continue to ruin it further.

Soulwalker

I see what you mean, I guess it would need some fine tuning too balance it out. but I still think the concept would be really fun. At the end of the day, without trying too sound like a *****, people do what they think is fun, so if a bunch of people wanna dominate PVP because they find it fun, they will.
    True, but I never found it a smart idea of the game designers to just hand over those tools right away.
    Maybe the should copy the part where they made the lvl ranges for warfronts smaller in WoW aswell.
    I think it worked over there. But then again, does this game have a big enough playerbase to do so..

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    I used to do those things too.

Then Trion ruined it... and will continue to ruin it further.
    I'm sorry, what?

I'm sorry, what?
    They took away my blades!

Thing is Gear should not be the key to pvp and in pve .. skill should be it. At max lvl 40 both a pve and pvp player should have equal gear if they go at each other. In other words, some stats should be only active during pvp and not pve and via versa.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

Quote Originally Posted by Killforbeer View Post
    Thing is Gear should not be the key to pvp and in pve .. skill should be it. At max lvl 40 both a pve and pvp player should have equal gear if they go at each other. In other words, some stats should be only active during pvp and not pve and via versa.
    I know what you mean, but I'm talking about lv 19 PvP, not lv 50 r40 PvP. However, your key points are valid. I'm gonna have too think about it, TYVM all for the replies.

I personally wouldn't join a twink guild for the sole reason that it would not be fun.
    It sounds fun, sure; but it will get boring soon when you just own everything and there is no challenge.

It's like using godmode in a game, unlimited resources, fast building/etc. You will get bored fast and likely end up placing 'restrictions' on yourself, like "I won't do this, and this", "I won't use my left hand"/etc.

But it won't be a real challenge, and you won't get that adrenaline rush when you are fighting someone your equal, or greater.

Telaran

i still hate twinks..in any game..i never enjoyed making them or playing against them

twinks are a blast. great side game and very easy to do. a great distraction from raiding and farming
    was a cool idea
    Last edited by Starfire; 03-19-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=61980&dateline=132906  2110

So, my idea was too make a twink guild (all brackets). Now, I have a lv 50 toon...
    so be a big boy/girl & pvp on ur lvl 50 toon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast