+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Healing Intercept is a Poor Concept

Telaran

Default Healing Intercept is a Poor Concept

Healing intercept is poorly conceived. I see rouge type chars now with survivabilty in heavy action rivaling tank types at the expense of a great reduction in the survivabilty of a healing spec healer. This amounts to a 50% nerf to healers I don't know if any other class has had 50% nerfs. I say 50 % in the sense that during times when the healer is attacked and must heal himself he often has a 50 % reduction in healing ability. Furthermore if his attacker is the person stealing the heals it is even a worse nerf. Some say just remove the debuff on yourself and your fine, but trust me this is impossible to do.

In an attempt to balance the game our dev team has made an error. Healers specs heal and have little killing power, if their ability to heal themselves is reduced to 1/2 as it is currently with heal intercepts they become a defenceless target.

I agree about the concept of "stealing" heals. It's absolutely ridiculous that healing yourself to survive should benefit someone else, while they're DPSing you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Galdrin View Post
    I agree about the concept of "stealing" heals. It's absolutely ridiculous that healing yourself to survive should benefit someone else, while they're DPSing you.
    Thanks for the reply. Ya as a healer your allways a target, it's just part of the game but I think this concept is off the wall. Even dying last attempt heals cast well in advance such as "Blazing Glory" are stolen by 1/2. These are often relied upon by healers to provide enough health to get their shields up or cast another heal to stay alive. Insult to injury is that while you are rezzing the attacker goes on with higher health points than when he started the attack. This has since become another incentive to attack a healer spec in a WF.

Plane Touched

I don't PvP, but are you trying to say that the healer isn't always the #1 target of the opposing team?
    That just seems to be poor prioritising to me.

It's a great concept.

Before it was added healers were just keeping themselves at full health and slowly killing rogues with waterjet spam.

Healers should not be the best dps class in pvp.

EDIT: And everyone has a 50% nerf. It is called valor.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 03-18-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    It's a great concept.

Before it was added healers were just keeping themselves at full health and slowly killing rogues with waterjet spam.

I need to set this straight, healer spec class are never anywhere near top DPS ever. Also they are allmost allways the # 1 target. They could not kill a rogue with water jet anless that rogue was strapped to a tree for 2 minutes. Every one has valor plus everone has vengence so that is all self cancelling this is easy to understand , no? Whats left is a healing spec healer that does allmost no DPS with half his healing ability removed fighting a DPS spec that takes a portion of the 1/2 healing points for himself that was lost by the healer with the heal intercept thing.
    BTW if a healing spec healer was attacked by an equivelent level DPS prior to this "heal intercept" he was much better able to escape..ya escape is the right term...or drag the relentless/stubborn DPS to someone on the healers faction so that that player could get the DPS off the cleric.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Soupbone View Post
    Healing intercept is poorly conceived. I see rouge type chars now with survivabilty in heavy action rivaling tank types at the expense of a great reduction in the survivabilty of a healing spec healer. This amounts to a 50% nerf to healers I don't know if any other class has had 50% nerfs. I say 50 % in the sense that during times when the healer is attacked and must heal himself he often has a 50 % reduction in healing ability. Furthermore if his attacker is the person stealing the heals it is even a worse nerf. Some say just remove the debuff on yourself and your fine, but trust me this is impossible to do.

In an attempt to balance the game our dev team has made an error. Healers specs heal and have little killing power, if their ability to heal themselves is reduced to 1/2 as it is currently with heal intercepts they become a defenceless target.
    often that interception of heals also requires a spec that greatly reduces DPS....

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

It's a great concept.

lol @ whoever just stands there and dies to waterjet. waterjet dps was pretty bad before it got nerfed and now its damn near not worth using at all.
    Last edited by ChainsawPlankton; 03-18-2012 at 01:26 PM.

BTW if a healing spec healer was attacked by an equivelent level DPS prior to this "heal intercept" he was much better able to escape..ya escape is the right term...or drag the relentless/stubborn DPS to someone on the healers faction so that that player could get the DPS off the cleric.
    Look at your point from the "relentless/stubborn DPS" perspective. As an assassin/riftstalker my rogue has at least an equal shot in most fights as long as I pick my targets carefully and attack at the right time--the exception being against a healing cleric. That's the one class I get one shot at and if anything at all goes wrong I might as well slip away because he isn't going to die.

You bet I hate that, I really do. I have to either change to a NB spec, wait for a better assassin opportunity, or just not attack that cleric.

Same goes for the healing clerics out there. Some rogue specs you can heal through and kite, some you can't. Hopefully that same rock/paper/scissors battle exists for every class and build.

Silly post defending rogues by Zyz with no insight, showing a certain desperation to make rogues as powerful as possible. Now where have I seen this before....

Sorry but who is it that said a healer can't out-last a pure DPS class in some extremely drawn-out 1v1? That is not at all a stated goal, nor should it be. And then why would you buff one class/role to the point of not being unkillable, with the logic that "the other class/role was winning?" Congrats, you just inverted the imbalance (although the healer can't merely end the unfavorable engagement at will, unlike rogues in the previous case).
    So now that you've done 0 to balance that irrelevant 1v1 matchup, let's see how your change makes sense in warfronts.. oh, the only thing it does is add imbalanced heals to a single pure DPS/tanking class. Good design so far.

If a DPS class needs to have a heal-steal to beat a healer, where are mages' and warriors'? Oh wait, you're saying those classes are balanced around out-DPSing the healer? Man, maybe rogues should be balanced similarly... but wait a second, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the burst capabilities of rogues in pvp.

The point was that a healing nerf was needed. (And, back then, a rogue DPS buff). What we got was a rogue survivability buff that is totally unrelated / unnecessary in addition to those changes. Sorry, DPS rogues shouldn't be the best healers in pvp (c wut i did thar?).

It's a great concept.

Rift Disciple

stay with your team or learn to heal?

If you think 1/4 the heals a cleric would normally get if the debuff isn't cleansed is imbalanced than you should be clamoring for cleric nerfs immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    Look at your point from the "relentless/stubborn DPS" perspective. As an assassin/riftstalker my rogue has at least an equal shot in most fights as long as I pick my targets carefully and attack at the right time--the exception being against a healing cleric. That's the one class I get one shot at and if anything at all goes wrong I might as well slip away because he isn't going to die.

You bet I hate that, I really do. I have to either change to a NB spec, wait for a better assassin opportunity, or just not attack that cleric.

Same goes for the healing clerics out there. Some rogue specs you can heal through and kite, some you can't. Hopefully that same rock/paper/scissors battle exists for every class and build.
    If you miss with what you call your "one shot" then that was your timing off not the clerics. You can simply as you said "slip away". The cleric while he was lucky to survive probably he never touched you and if you were damaged it was probably a third character near by that did any damage to you. In regards to the missed oportunity well there's much fewer missed oportunities by you these days with the heal intercept. From much experience I can honestly say that since heal intercept a healing spec healer has much less survivability and 1v1 against an equivelent level DPS with heal intercept ability I would say zero chance. The heal spec healer will not only die for sure, but very fast. It's not even a fight.

Telaran

If you think 1/4 the heals a cleric would normally get if the debuff isn't cleansed is imbalanced than you should be clamoring for cleric nerfs immediately.
    The DPS gets a portion of the stolen heal...is it 1/4? the remaining 1 /4 goes where to the DPS'ers faction nearby? How it's divided i don't know, but the healer loses 1/2 his ability to heal himself as 1/2 his heals are removed. It's called "heal intercept". So the heal spec healer just plain dies fast.

Healing intercept is poorly conceived. I see rouge

I stopped reading here.... sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast