+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Healing Intercept is a Poor Concept

Plane Touched

I'm sorry you suck at playing a healer, I really really do. If you have problems losing half of your heal to a rogue and are dying, you are reallly reallly bad and no change to your already OP class is going to help with your lack of skill. Reroll or go play another game baddie

Quote Originally Posted by Soupbone View Post
    I assume that you are a DPSer correct? My questions to you then is have you ever fought a equal level equal geared heal spec healer? Next question is did that healer defeat you or even pose a threat to your health? The third question would be how fast did you kill this heal only class healer who was even geared and even level die? Have you fought an equal geared equal level heal spec healer with heal syphon, if so how fast did he die? If an even geared even level heal spec healer beat you how did he do it, was it by healing you to death?
    I maintain it's not an equal playing field for heal spec type healers who need their heals to stay alive..this a close to 100% defensive role here.
    I am not talking about an offensive type healer spec who has some basic healing with DPS skills
    My P18 cleric can tank a P40 anything indefinitely. Maybe after 2-3 mins if I run out of mana you'll kill me...it's quite silly tbh.

My guess is you are running heavy puri or heavy sent and hard-casting invocation/flames...or something like that. Run any variation of sent/ward and if you have mana you really shouldn't be dying. Don't know how else to put it man...

My main is a rogue. The healing siphons were put in to give rogues survivability in PVP. AoE proc rates were nerfed once, and the leech is getting nerfed in 1.8. All the siphons have done for me in a 1v1 against a cleric is make it so the cleric can't type /em that tickles! and kill me with waterjet while I wail on him. He actually has to scramble a little.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 03-19-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Rift Disciple

dude, are you high off all the gas your brain is farting out?
    equal rank equal gear, cleric will win 1v1 against a rogue
    if the cleric was say p20 and the rogue p40 then yes, the cleric will still win
    you obviously have no understanding of your class and its abilities, if you truly are in a "healing spec" you should have enough heals/mana to kite a rogue on a scenic trip around whitefall or the codex
    tl;dr YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    My P18 cleric can tank a P40 anything indefinitely. Maybe after 2-3 mins if I run out of mana you'll kill me...it's quite silly tbh.

My guess is you are running heavy puri or heavy sent and hard-casting invocation/flames...or something like that. Run any variation of sent/ward and if you have mana you really shouldn't be dying. Don't know how else to put it man...

My main is a rogue. The healing siphons were put in to give rogues survivability in PVP. AoE proc rates were nerfed once, and the leech is getting nerfed in 1.8. All the siphons have done for me in a 1v1 against a cleric is make it so the cleric can't type /em that tickles! and kill me with waterjet while I wail on him. He actually has to scramble a little.
    OK so what I determine from what your telling me is that 1. You are the worlds best healer who never dies to anything or anybody 2. You prefer playing rouge to your healer so that you can kill them before they hit that "don't tickle me" macro now that you have syphon health to use.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis1 View Post
    dude, are you high off all the gas your brain is farting out?
    equal rank equal gear, cleric will win 1v1 against a rogue
    if the cleric was say p20 and the rogue p40 then yes, the cleric will still win
    you obviously have no understanding of your class and its abilities, if you truly are in a "healing spec" you should have enough heals/mana to kite a rogue on a scenic trip around whitefall or the codex
    tl;dr YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
    Well I have dragged rouges all aroung Whitefalls and Codex...probably by the sounds of it one of them may have been you. While I was dragging them around though I realized that they were about 1/2 my level and they were quite foolish to be hanging onto my tail. I thought that they must be quite arrogant actually. Trust me you don't haul around a equally geared and levelled rouge around. If he's using health syphon your not moving very far at all. When you level up you will know this...or mabey you allready do.

Plane Walker

I need to set this straight, healer spec class are never anywhere near top DPS ever. Also they are allmost allways the # 1 target. They could not kill a rogue with water jet anless that rogue was strapped to a tree for 2 minutes. Every one has valor plus everone has vengence so that is all self cancelling this is easy to understand , no? Whats left is a healing spec healer that does allmost no DPS with half his healing ability removed fighting a DPS spec that takes a portion of the 1/2 healing points for himself that was lost by the healer with the heal intercept thing.
    BTW if a healing spec healer was attacked by an equivelent level DPS prior to this "heal intercept" he was much better able to escape..ya escape is the right term...or drag the relentless/stubborn DPS to someone on the healers faction so that that player could get the DPS off the cleric.
    you do realize the class the rogue has specific souls and not all souls will be able to down a cleric or mage that heals its balls of and still does decent dps.

50% heal reduction is fair, 50% healing taken by opponent is abit different thought.
    if a class specs heals for survival that fight should last a longer time before the healer is able to be victorious IMO
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Rift Disciple

Well I have dragged rouges all aroung Whitefalls and Codex...probably by the sounds of it one of them may have been you. While I was dragging them around though I realized that they were about 1/2 my level and they were quite foolish to be hanging onto my tail. I thought that they must be quite arrogant actually. Trust me you don't haul around a equally geared and levelled rouge around. If he's using health syphon your not moving very far at all. When you level up you will know this...or mabey you allready do.
    again, that comes down to your ability to play your class, your heals ARE strong enough to heal through the siphon, if not, you are either lying about what's happening OR the answer closer to truth is you just suck.
    IMO pvp is pretty balanced(if you are at top level). Everything has a counter and if you dont know how to use that counter, dont cry on the forums about other classes being OP

The healing intercept is the Rogue's way of self healing.

Every class in PvP needs a competent self-heal. Clerics have 0 point healing breath, Mages have Bloom and Flourish, Warriors have Paladin.

It's either this, or give Rogues a way to self heal, which is fine with me. But this is a lot easier.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    The healing intercept is the Rogue's way of self healing.

Every class in PvP needs a competent self-heal. Clerics have 0 point healing breath, Mages have Bloom and Flourish, Warriors have Paladin.

It's either this, or give Rogues a way to self heal, which is fine with me. But this is a lot easier.
    Cadence and Coda of Restoration? Yeah, you have to give up dps to get a heal. Who would've thought?
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Cadence and Coda of Restoration? Yeah, you have to give up dps to get a heal. Who would've thought?
    I'd agree with you, except Bard's synergy is so worthless that making a hybrid DPS spec with Bard is like trying to make toast with a blender. It just doesn't work.

That's why we need VM and FB. Much like healing breath, bloom/flourish, ToL, etc, it provides a way to have fairly modest hybrid healing in a DPS spec.
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-19-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    ~Quiescent

I need to set this straight, healer spec class are never anywhere near top DPS ever. Also they are allmost allways the # 1 target. They could not kill a rogue with water jet anless that rogue was strapped to a tree for 2 minutes. Every one has valor plus everone has vengence so that is all self cancelling this is easy to understand , no? Whats left is a healing spec healer that does allmost no DPS with half his healing ability removed fighting a DPS spec that takes a portion of the 1/2 healing points for himself that was lost by the healer with the heal intercept thing.
    BTW if a healing spec healer was attacked by an equivelent level DPS prior to this "heal intercept" he was much better able to escape..ya escape is the right term...or drag the relentless/stubborn DPS to someone on the healers faction so that that player could get the DPS off the cleric.
    You've obviously never seen what an Inqusitar specced cleric can do.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    You've obviously never seen what an Inqusitar specced cleric can do.
    Well yes I have and a cabalist as I use those souls too but what I am talking about is a heal speced healer who has so little DPS it's a joke really. This type of healer is 100 % defensive and participates on the war field by healing others and himself when attacked.
    If he is stealth attacked a rather large portion of health disappears quickly heal syphon has been applied and he is then stunned. At this point the healer will then use breakfree to remove the stun and cast what ever shields he may have, he will have to make a choice at this point 1. heal at 1/2 then attempt to remove the heal syphon 2. attempt to remove the heal syphone and try to get in a 100% instant heal or two. With either choice he will be facing continuous attack with renewed application of heal syphon (BTW when the healer tries to remove heal syphon theres no guarantee it will come off with one attempt). By this time the shields are down, the healer who has lost considerable more HP is stunned once more with heal syphon applied. Again the healer uses breakfree and is faced with the same two choices as above but more than 1/2 his health is gone now.... so 1. he can attemp to remove the heal syphon first before healing all the while the heavy damage continues and he could possibly not even succeed at removing it. 2. try to heal BUT at least one or both of his big instant heals are on time out and his little fast cast heals are at 1/2. At this point the healers HP is close to or below 1/3 and he has three choices 1. Run and try to remove the heal debuff plus heal 2. Run and heal at 1/2, then try to remove the heal debuff 3. DPS the rouge with water jet 400 HP max per second, LOL. Well I tell you it's not a fight and running really just prolongs it a few seconds.... 1/2 heal rate is not enough to have a chance to survive the damage incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'd agree with you, except Bard's synergy is so worthless that making a hybrid DPS spec with Bard is like trying to make toast with a blender. It just doesn't work.

That's why we need VM and FB. Much like healing breath, bloom/flourish, ToL, etc, it provides a way to have fairly modest hybrid healing in a DPS spec.
    I'm actually running a 44BD/22Bard right now. Why the hell not, other than MM, it's just as worthless as any other Rogue spec. Noodle damage and very little in the way of survival. At least Coda can't be purged off of me non stop.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

I cant even believe people are still crying about this, it already got nerfed to a point where it's only mildly effective. Purge fell blades .. rogue dies. The end....

or you can make whine threads about an already nerfed skill. I hope I don't see any of you in GW2 please stay here.
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

OK so what I determine from what your telling me is that 1. You are the worlds best healer who never dies to anything or anybody 2. You prefer playing rouge to your healer so that you can kill them before they hit that "don't tickle me" macro now that you have syphon health to use.
    You are so dense.

I'm a terrible healer. I still know how to keep myself alive, it's not rocket science. 1 dps is not enough to take down a healer who is focused on living.

I said that the siphon puts me in a position to be able to pressure a healer, whereas they used to be able to ignore me completely. Not kill them outright (this is only if they are bad or not paying attention) but force them to focus more on healing themselves, taking heals away from their team.

Also,

1) IT IS SPELLED ROGUE. ROUGE IS A TYPE OF MAKEUP

2) PRESS ENTER EVERY COUPLE OF SENTENCES SO YOUR POSTS CAN BE READ
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast