+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Let's take it up a Notch!!

Default PvP Let's take it up a Notch!!

Okay so my idea, short as possible so it doesnt become a TLDR.

New PvP zone. We take PvP to a new plane.
    I am thinking the Earth one (or w/e is driven by a lust for money and power)

You enter a tear. When you attempt to enter it you get a big flashy warning message

"You enter here and die you lose your stuff"
    You hit yes Enter
    "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO ENTER!!!!??!??!"
    Yeah Im sure
    "I MEAN REEAAAAALLLLLY SURE??!!?!"
    Yeah dude Lets go!

So now you are in. When you first enter it is a small safe zone town, has maybe an auction house and some vendors to buy PvP consumables.

Requirements to enter this zone?
    A minimum of 25k Favor on your gear. (Gear has a value for what you spend on it)

Now you ask. Where is the drive? Why would I want to risk my gear for nothing?
    Happy you asked. When you kill someone, they can be looted for a voucher worth a percentage of the favor they are risking.

In the friendly town there will be two different vendors. One will redeem these vouchers for favor, and another will convert favor into platinum, or some fun cosmetic awards, or PA points.

Since your mind is being corrupted and you are driven by the lust for money, there will be no factions here. Certain zones could be only 1v1 combat, others could be multi way combat, some could be stealth free, others could be heal free.

Now we have a place for 1v1 heroes, we will see guilds organizing PvP trips, probably saturday and sunday night, I would anticipate fan sites being made, that all PvP guilds would probably have members registered to that will coordinate this trips, and schedule Run ins.

A lot of programming time required? Probably.
    But I feel it is worth it and probably the single greatest idea for the PvP community.

We don't need game made arenas, we don't really need leaderboards. Just give us an area with fun incentive, and risk to reward ratios and people will come back. It will feed the PvP community, and the some what of a gamble aspect to it I think would lure more people into the PvP crowd.

This would satisfy your lone wolf types, and your large scale competitive groups.

There is hard evidence that within the last few months Rifts community has dwindled by almost 50%, and I am pretty damn sure it isn't because of the PvE.

Trion I applaud you for trying, the gesture is genuine and we know you care, but leaderboards are not going to cut it, and competition is about to get VERY rough. This isn't a threat, or anything malicious. Just my thoughts and my constructive criticism on how I think you could fix it, and possibly make the best PvP game possible. (In my mind)
    "You lost me at Balance"

So implement...

The wildy. Nice.
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-18-2012 at 06:56 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    So implement...

The wildy. Nice.
    Pretty much. Call me silly, but that was by far my favorite PvP LOL
    If only Java could still satisfy my more matured and less imaginative imagination >.<
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-18-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Pretty much. Call me silly, but that was by far my favorite PvP LOL
    If only Java could still satisfy my more matured and less imaginative imagination >.<
    No, I think that was a really cool style of PvP, except for the actual PvP was akin to gambling pretty much. If another MMO like this tried it, I think it could work pretty well..

Also, having a playerbase that doesn't consist entirely of whiny 13-year-olds helps too.
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-18-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    ~Quiescent

No, I think that was a really cool style of PvP, except for the actual PvP was akin to gambling pretty much. If another MMO like this tried it, I think it could work pretty well..

Also, having a playerbase that doesn't consist entirely of whiny 13-year-olds helps too.
    PvP was random, until you learned to glitch 3 item combos =P
    I'll private message you a video of some cool **** =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

Wooooooooooooooooooooow. Zaros stop bein AFK. I have another 4 hours of work. I am a dispatcher for winter weather..............and it is 70 degrees outside!!!!!!!!

TLDR Bored. Need your forum company!
    "You lost me at Balance"

I'd totally run in there as 38 VK/28 RB and kill some noobs while I wear green BoE gear. Or maybe I could grab my old Armadyl armour, 99 range cape, rune crossbow, and get to killing.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2cdiasz.png

EDIT: misread something
    Last edited by TheKomissar; 03-18-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Wooooooooooooooooooooow. Zaros stop bein AFK. I have another 4 hours of work. I am a dispatcher for winter weather..............and it is 70 degrees outside!!!!!!!!

TLDR Bored. Need your forum company!
    Hahaha, sorry. Church.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    I'd totally run in there as 38 VK/28 RB and kill some noobs while I wear green BoE gear. Or maybe I could grab my old Armadyl armour, 99 range cape, rune crossbow, and get to killing.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2cdiasz.png

EDIT: misread something
    Mains FTL!!!
    Phat Risking Pure here. Well once upon a time.

Hahaha, sorry. Church.
    Gay. I sent you at least 20 hours of vids to watch LOL
    "You lost me at Balance"

Please don't yell at me Trion I swear to god I am not advertising another game. People aren't going to leave Rift for Java based PvP lol, But this is the kind of community this kind of system promotes.

It is more of a family. I used to sit in vent with these guys for hours just bull****ting. Was like an e-family I swear to god

And besides this one is pretty damn funny =P

FYI: James was linked a picture of Purple Waffle in IRC. =P
    Only reason I left that community was because I got out of the military and just didn't have the time to stay on top of everything anymore. Had to find a more casual game experience.
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-18-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

You should see some of my old RS clan war vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BusinessofATFE?feature=mhee

We used to have such a great time... Long story short we all migrated to Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    You should see some of my old RS clan war vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BusinessofATFE?feature=mhee

We used to have such a great time... Long story short we all migrated to Rift.
    What kinda clan? I have a few fullouts I lead Crimson Project. #1 Med level pure clan at the time, beat the top clans in matched opts fights, just couldn't pull 100 to a full out. Highest pull we ever had was 76 on our one year bday.

I'll PM you some of them, don't want to get in trouble for someone mistaken this as advertising.
    "You lost me at Balance"

TIL all the cool people are ex-RS players
    ~Quiescent

TIL all the cool people are ex-RS players
    You like the montage collection =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread