+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Revert Cleanse Soul plz

Rift Disciple

Default Revert Cleanse Soul plz

This overhanded nerf to Cleanse Soul was outrageous. please change it back to the way it was... Dom is once again OP because I can't do anything for an extended period of time.
    Last edited by Misterh8er; 03-18-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterh8er View Post
    This overhanded nerf to Cleanse Soul was outrageous. please change it back to the way it was... Dom is once again OP because I can't do anything for an extended period of time.
    A full out immunity was never good for PvP balance, and broke the metagame. It was an unneccesary god mode button against mages, and was unfair. I personally see no problem with the way it is now, considering it is available to anyone.

Anyone being Rogues
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-18-2012 at 04:13 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

lgw

Together with Guard (which is less selfish) it's still the best ability in all War PAs -- and it's free, so it's totally fine. And yes, I play a Rogue.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    A full out immunity was never good for PvP balance, and broke the metagame. It was an unneccesary god mode button against mages, and was unfair. I personally see no problem with the way it is now, considering it is available to anyone.

Anyone being Rogues
    This.

If you can't beat a Dom, roll MM keep yourself at 35M range and start pawning.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    This.

but all the MM builds on the forums have no stealth, and how could you possibly play pvp if your opponents can see you? stupid mage, l2p!

Quote Originally Posted by Oktabi View Post
    but all the MM builds on the forums have no stealth, and how could you possibly play pvp if your opponents can see you? stupid mage, l2p!
    Everyone on the Forums is in perma stealth. Unless of course you have an Avatar. Then it is auto lose....FML
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    This.

That's not very realistic, lol
    And personally, I'd like to see the CD on cleanse soul halved, and the immunity removed.
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    And personally, I'd like to see the CD on cleanse soul halved, and the immunity removed.
    That would be cool. I have only ever used it as a cleanse anyways. Just put it on the same CD as Rift Surge, LOL. I hate using it on a Warrior, then getting that reapplied to me and just sitting there afraid to smack the Warrior. In fear Ima blow myself up =P.

(I think it is Rift Surge.) Rift something. Havent actually played in a lil over a month.
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-18-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

That would be cool. I have only ever used it as a cleanse anyways. Just put it on the same CD as Rift Surge, LOL. I hate using it on a Warrior, then getting that reapplied to me and just sitting there afraid to smack the Warrior. In fear Ima blow myself up =P.

(I think it is Rift Surge.) Rift something. Havent actually played in a lil over a month.
    Yeah. The immunity period works decent against pyros, but it's almost all luck/having good FPS. I've resisted a couple fulminates/CBs but it'd be a lot easier to just give us a basic cleanse.. I mean, like you said, all the sort of "Rogue counters" are on 30s CDs (see: TI, Transferrence, Burn, Rift Surge), so having our cleanse on a 1 min CD wouldn't be that bad IMO.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Cool, maybe then whenever I see a Dom on my melee rogue I will be able to attack it once every minute instead of 2... Just keep the one second immunity so I can do pro cleanse soul immunes on Cider/Fulm.

Its one damn second...

Funny how rogues suffer the most from Traitorous and Transferrence, yet they have the worst access to cleanses.

Must say I get very jelly when I watch spaceboots' vids and seeing him just spamming abilities thru it...
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 03-18-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Cool, maybe then whenever I see a Dom on my melee rogue I will be able to attack it once every minute instead of 2... Just keep the one second immunity so I can do pro cleanse soul immunes on Cider/Fulm.

Its one damn second...

Funny how rogues suffer the most from Traitorous and Transferrence, yet they have the worst access to cleanses.

Must say I get very jelly when I watch spaceboots' vids and seeing him just spamming abilities thru it...
    Ya gotta burst the doms. Slip before they react. Its cheap but we are Rogues. Not the most chivalry like class imho LOL.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Mmmm... Rift Surge...

I've killed many a rogue by absent mindedly pressing the Rift Surge key on them then heading off to kill someone else and getting the KB on the rogue when he's 100 feet away.

I cannot beat a 51 NB as 51 Pyro plsz nerf NB kthnx
    KABOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Misterh8er View Post
    No. Rogues do not *need* a cheesy 5s of immunity temp. Old cleanse soul didn't make mages challenging or do-able, it made them a total joke half the time. It ain't going back to the old way
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    No. Rogues do not *need* a cheesy 5s of immunity temp. Old cleanse soul didn't make mages challenging or do-able, it made them a total joke half the time. It ain't going back to the old way
    Perhaps you should stop playing against mages that are a joke then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast