+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cleric pvp weapons vengeance

Default Cleric pvp weapons vengeance

Simple question... why does the cleric r36 pvp weapon have more vengeance then the rogue. Heretic mace has +8, shield has +6 and totem has +7. The wand has the same as bow/gun +6. The rogues daggers or axes have only +6. That means a cleric can have either 2 or 3 more vengeance from this set. Why is this difference there and do they really need it?

Clerics have three melee souls where SP is converted to AP. The SP is higher on the Cleric weapons, but typically, the weapon damage is lower than the equivalent gear for rogues or wars.

For example, Archangelic's mace 48.4 dps and Conq's great sword 60.6 dps. Both are level 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Clerics have three melee souls where SP is converted to AP. The SP is higher on the Cleric weapons, but typically, the weapon damage is lower than the equivalent gear for rogues or wars.

For example, Archangelic's mace 48.4 dps and Conq's great sword 60.6 dps. Both are level 36
    Not sure if trolling or just illiterate.
    I am not talking about pve weapons or SP/AP... simple pvp stat VENGEANCE. And the number 36 i was referring to was not level but pvp rank. So pointless post that didnt answer my question.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by djluxi View Post
    I am not talking about pve weapons or SP/AP... simple pvp stat VENGEANCE. And the number 36 i was referring to was not level but pvp rank. So pointless post that didnt answer my question.
    But your swords have +7 each... And Cleric 2H has only 10...

QQing about +/- 1 to 3 vengeance is the way a rogue usually rolls...
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 03-18-2012 at 05:14 AM.

You must be too stupid to understand that vengeance = SP/AP in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    But your swords have +7 each... And Cleric 2H has only 10...

QQing about +/- 1 to 3 vengeance is the way a rogue usually rolls...
    Since when is a simple question allready qq... i wasnt screaming for a change just asking for explanation.
    Further more u could expand ur noob knowledge about rift be4 acting all smart. There is no rogue pvp sword and both axe and dagger have exactly the same vengeance... +6. Another pointless post that didnt answer my question... where is all the smart folks on weekends.

Ascendant

Since when is a simple question allready qq... i wasnt screaming for a change just asking for explanation.
    Further more u could expand ur noob knowledge about rift be4 acting all smart. There is no rogue pvp sword and both axe and dagger have exactly the same vengeance... +6. Another pointless post that didnt answer my question... where is all the smart folks on weekends.
    Goto the "pvp" vendor and click this little box show filtered items and guess what you will find? A sword, Pvp sword that can be equipped by a rogue and has +7 vengeance..

So we have now concluded:

1) You are the one with no knowledge as you say.
    2) Their is a Pvp sword that "CAN" be used by rogues.
    3) It also does have +7 vengeance.

What more can I do for you today but educate you?

I can draw you a map and a easier step by step process if what I listed is too difficult to follow..

If you need a screenshot I can even help you with that.

Maybe your 75th post wiill show some something of usefulness..
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 03-18-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Simple question... why does the cleric r36 pvp weapon have more vengeance then the rogue. Heretic mace has +8, shield has +6 and totem has +7. The wand has the same as bow/gun +6. The rogues daggers or axes have only +6. That means a cleric can have either 2 or 3 more vengeance from this set. Why is this difference there and do they really need it?
    Because the Weapon DPS is lower on the Clerics Weapon. I am assuming that is to justify the difference for melee Clerics.

Just like everyone has been saying, and 3 vengeance isn't even 1 DPS. Your meaningless bashing on other members of the community is completely unnecessary.
    "You lost me at Balance"

1 point of Vengeance (PvP AP) for rogue/warrior > 1 point of Vengeance (PvP SP) for cleric/mage

What I'm trying to say is that the per-point value of AP is higher than that of SP. If you check any well-geared cleric or mage they will have roughly 2000 SP unbuffed, whereas rogues and warriors at similar gear levels have roughly 1100 AP. I hope you are able to see what I'm getting at.

So while the cleric in your example gained 21 Vengeance, your 18 Vengeance is still more considering how AP/SP works for different callings.
    Last edited by Raynedrops; 03-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Wow.

Really?
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Raynedrops View Post
    1 point of Vengeance (PvP AP) for rogue/warrior > 1 point of Vengeance (PvP SP) for cleric/mage

What I'm trying to say is that the per-point value of AP is higher than that of SP. If you check any well-geared cleric or mage they will have roughly 2000 SP unbuffed, whereas rogues and warriors at similar gear levels have roughly 1100 AP. I hope you are able to see what I'm getting at.

So while the cleric in your example gained 21 Vengeance, your 18 Vengeance is still more considering how AP/SP works for different callings.
    Thx for the explanation, i just thought that differences like that are settled with different dps and that vengeance like valor are same for all souls and gear.

Im full R40 but am no were near 2000 SP lol :P

tho I ONLY pvp so I don't have acces to the pve stuff =(

What's ur SP + SC rayne? (in pvp gear that is) might be handy to know how much valor u have aswell... since well ur out performing me in bg's wich could be led down, ur a better player, u have better gear, or u spam more AOE heals (wich is what i hardly do)
    Last edited by Bionitro; 03-18-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    Im full R40 but am no were near 2000 SP lol :P

tho I ONLY pvp so I don't have acces to the pve stuff =(

What's ur SP + SC rayne? (in pvp gear that is) might be handy to know how much valor u have aswell... since well ur out performing me in bg's wich could be led down, ur a better player, u have better gear, or u spam more AOE heals (wich is what i hardly do)
    In full pvp gear as 51 Inq/10 Sent/ 5 Cab, with all relevant consumables active:

1385 Valor
    2133 SP
    820 SC
    171 Vengeance

No PA of War, though - my guild is currently progressing in HK, so I've put my pvp activity on ice for now. As for the outperforming part - I don't even see how you would arrive at that conclusion tbh.

In full pvp gear as 51 Inq/10 Sent/ 5 Cab, with all relevant consumables active:

1385 Valor
    2133 SP
    820 SC
    171 Vengeance

No PA of War, though - my guild is currently progressing in HK, so I've put my pvp activity on ice for now. As for the outperforming part - I don't even see how you would arrive at that conclusion tbh.
    Allright, well I saw u in BG's with mage gear on aswell, that would explain the high SP (wich is insane imo :P) but I'm guessing you have relics aswell, or other HK gearing..

And yeah that conclusion should be one of those 3 options I give, but it's allright =D

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    Allright, well I saw u in BG's with mage gear on aswell, that would explain the high SP (wich is insane imo :P) but I'm guessing you have relics aswell, or other HK gearing..

And yeah that conclusion should be one of those 3 options I give, but it's allright =D
    No, those numbers where with strictly pvp gear on, no HK stuff.

Back then I didn't even own any HK gear!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast