+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP weapons vs PVE weapons

Soulwalker

Default PVP weapons vs PVE weapons

I tried searching and either i suck at using the function or i couldn't find anything

I'm curious which is better for use in PVP..... what do you guys prefer because i'm not sure if i should bother getting pvp weapons and just use my PVE weapons...

btw... i'm not HK geared or anything so HK weapons aren't available to me atm but I do plan on obtaining them sometime in the future

Default lol

sorry to state it but trion as every other MMO will favor raiders 10000x more than pvp ...... take a look at patches and updates from prelaunch til now 99.87% of new stuff fall to raiders and instance hooked peoples.... trion even went as far as removing the weapons from the hidden cairns in order to get people to run random instances using the lfd tool....
    So yea u need to be in a raiding guild to get anything good for pvp ......
    weapons and armor are easier to get in a raid as compared to a weapon or armor piece for pvp via favor.... yet the armor and weapons from pvp do not stack compared to raid gear...
    Last edited by Larrs; 03-17-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Hit is very nice to have if you are a rogue and pve weapons are generally viewed as king for rogues/warriors. IMO clerics/mages can get by with runes if they really want, or just slap on 1 - 2 solid items of focus.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

There are a few variables, such as class, weapon dps etc.

I play Rogue, and the sad fact is Rogues NEED +Hit in PvP to stand any chance against warriors, some clerics, and some rogues.

But there of course needs to be a balance. I am r40, so whilst the Hit is better from my PvE weps, if the best PvE wep I have is like t2 dungeon dps (low 30's) then probably not worth it, although I'd avoid warriors.

However if you manage to get some HK weapons the sad fact is that they are better for PvP, than PvP weapons.

A good tip however is to use the crafted raid1 rings and augment them with valor. The augment gives you +33 Valor which is only about 20 Valor loss compared to the PvP rings, but give +38 Hit. In comparison, you lose valor completely to gain Hit if you only switch weapons.

EDIT: and ofc imbue your head, legs, and weapons with +Hit runes
    Last edited by Ohromeo; 03-17-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Larrs View Post
    So yea u need to be in a raiding guild to get anything good for pvp ......
    So basically you are suggesting to wear full HK gear in PvP? Please do so I can roflstomp you. I see people do this and they go down so easy without their pocket healers.

Now HK weapons are different story -- especially the relics. They are better because of the hit.

Trion has screwed this one up and I doubt they will ever fix it.

Soulwalker

these are all very helpful posts and want to say thx for the tips

I do play rogue and by the looks of this i will prob have to go PVE for my weapons for the hit...

what is the amount of Hit i am looking at hovering around?

also, if i use pve weapons MH/OH/Ranged... do i still need to rune my head/legs/weapons with the hit?

Rift Chaser

I wear full pvp gear and use focus runes on my main hand and off hand only with good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    I wear full pvp gear and use focus runes on my main hand and off hand only with good results.
    You're a Mage :/
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-18-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    ~Quiescent

PvP weapons until another Rogue pops sidesteps, and then use a weapon switch macro on your nifty Naga =D
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Disciple

Your valor is important for pvp so you don't get 3 shot in pvp. With that said you need to wear all your valor armor, and its usually best to get your hit/focus off of a end game hk/rotp weapon or relic, cause you will need a little bit of hit focus for pvp. Around 60-70 focus is needed I currently run with 68 and its fine I don't see resists. As a mage I use the rotp 1 handed sword flame talon and p36 totem, and get the other 18 focus from a rune in head slot.

Soulwalker

The amount of Hit you need, is difficult to answer.

Some people say you absolutely need 200-250 Hit.

Personally, I am around 150 - 160 Hit and do pretty fine, but that is because I only PUG t1 raids, and am in a PvP guild so Hammerknell isn't really an option for me.

As I said before the best way to get around 150 Hit which is doing pretty good for me, is to use Hit runes on your helmet, and legs (+18 hit each), +13 Hit runes on your daggers and gun, and I use Valorous Deathbringer and Valorous Netherforged Band for an awesome +78 Hit and 66 Valor between them.

+ Reply to Thread