+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: We need player created cities

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default We need player created cities

    So when someones mouth runs a bit to much, they can get their **** pushed in and lose their city they worked hard to get(even better if it takes them months to build it). This will keep many big mouths now in game at bay and will encourage the think before speak skill. As of now, there are no risks to anything so players feel like talking big with nothing to lose. Lets change that.


    So player created guild cities that are siegeable and open world PvP and no more factions. Do it. Lets weed out the PVER's off the PvP servers and put them where they belong.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    So when someones mouth runs a bit to much, they can get their **** pushed in and lose their city they worked hard to get(even better if it takes them months to build it). This will keep many big mouths now in game at bay and will encourage the think before speak skill. As of now, there are no risks to anything so players feel like talking big with nothing to lose. Lets change that.


    So player created guild cities that are siegeable and open world PvP and no more factions. Do it. Lets weed out the PVER's off the PvP servers and put them where they belong.
    This would be cool.

    They'd have to put something in place to keep the "Let's raid them at 4 AM while no one's on" people in check though.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    This would be cool.

    They'd have to put something in place to keep the "Let's raid them at 4 AM while no one's on" people in check though.
    Hmm they shouldn't limit the time anyone can just get into the city to kill randoms, but if the city was sieged to rather be taken over or destroyed, the defending guild should be able to set the time it goes live.

    Ie, Guild A drops a siege on Guild B city, Guild B has 24 hours to set the time when the siege goes live (48-72 hours ahead)

  4. #4
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Hmm they shouldn't limit the time anyone can just get into the city to kill randoms, but if the city was sieged to rather be taken over or destroyed, the defending guild should be able to set the time it goes live.

    Ie, Guild A drops a siege on Guild B city, Guild B has 24 hours to set the time when the siege goes live (48-72 hours ahead)
    Kinda lacks spontaneity, IMO. It's not like wars are fought by appointment.

    Might make more sense to have a keep / city / whatever tagged as unattackable unless X number of guild members are online.

    Of course this would create a situation where you couldn't build anything unless you had a guild over a certain size. Can't have permanently "safe" cities because the guild is too small to ever get it untagged as safe.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Kinda lacks spontaneity, IMO. It's not like wars are fought by appointment.

    Might make more sense to have a keep / city / whatever tagged as unattackable unless X number of guild members are online.

    Of course this would create a situation where you couldn't build anything unless you had a guild over a certain size. Can't have permanently "safe" cities because the guild is too small to ever get it untagged as safe.
    The only reason for the timer is so a guild doesn't set a siege at 4AM when people are sleeping.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    The only reason for the timer is so a guild doesn't set a siege at 4AM when people are sleeping.
    If everyone is sleeping at 4 AM, there won't be enough people on to trigger the "You can siege us now" tag.

    Serves the same purpose, but without having to schedule the attack with the target.

    Being able to challenge the target as you describe is not a bad thing either. But I'd like to see a system that allows for spontaneity as well.
    Last edited by Meina; 03-17-2012 at 09:12 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    If everyone is sleeping at 4 AM, there won't be enough people on to trigger the "You can siege us now" tag.

    Serves the same purpose, but without having to schedule the attack with the target.
    So if nobody logs in for days some people would abuse this mechanic to save their city so it isn't attackable or find another work around method to not trigger this. Wouldn't work so well.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    So if nobody logs in for days some people would abuse this mechanic to save their city so it isn't attackable or find another work around method to not trigger this. Wouldn't work so well.
    If people are avoiding the game just to keep their city safe, they probably wouldn't build the city to begin with. Why build it if it chases you out of the game?

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    If people are avoiding the game just to keep their city safe, they probably wouldn't build the city to begin with. Why build it if it chases you out of the game?
    Def not true, no need to reinevent the wheel, this method worked in other games on the same exact system.

    Yes, people would do this for sure, any possible way for them not to lose something will be abused. Furthermore, waiting for x amount of people to login? so what, a guild will have to check 24/7 to see how many the other guild has logged on at any given point to be attacked? Doesn't make sense. A time for a showdown is and what has worked before.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    So when someones mouth runs a bit to much, they can get their **** pushed in and lose their city they worked hard to get(even better if it takes them months to build it). This will keep many big mouths now in game at bay and will encourage the think before speak skill. As of now, there are no risks to anything so players feel like talking big with nothing to lose. Lets change that.


    So player created guild cities that are siegeable and open world PvP and no more factions. Do it. Lets weed out the PVER's off the PvP servers and put them where they belong.
    As cool of a feature as that would be and would love to see it in this game,Rift is not this game

    I agree though, that would be awesome for rift.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    As cool of a feature as that would be and would love to see it in this game,Rift is not this game

    I agree though, that would be awesome for rift.
    That isn't the only game that had it.. I much prefer you say Shadowbane. As many flaws that game had, you will find tons of theads in Google about how much that game is missed and how what SB did right they did better than anyone until this day.

    The grind in DF is super ridiculous, in SB, you can have a maxed toon in 2 days of grind and out enjoying PvP.
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-17-2012 at 09:21 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    So when someones mouth runs a bit to much, they can get their **** pushed in and lose their city they worked hard to get(even better if it takes them months to build it).

    People already complain when you tell them it *only* takes a couple months to progress their toon all the way. It's a day-dream to think Trion will put something in of that sort of tone and high risk. It's just not the direction games are moving these days. You won't loot 450 plat off peoples corpses. You won't permanently damage things they've earned already. You won't ever loot player gear. I mean I dig the idea, but it's just not realistic for this game. The 'hardcore' risk is not going to show itself in this MMO, or possibly any to come.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    There's 0 chance of this happening, even if Trion wish they could do this they can not do anything that promotes very large battles because then everyone sees the engine as the PoS as it is when it comes to large scale pvp.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    People already complain when you tell them it *only* takes a couple months to progress their toon all the way. It's a day-dream to think Trion will put something in of that sort of tone and high risk. It's just not the direction games are moving these days. You won't loot 450 plat off peoples corpses. You won't permanently damage things they've earned already. You won't ever loot player gear. I mean I dig the idea, but it's just not realistic for this game. The 'hardcore' risk is not going to show itself in this MMO, or possibly any to come.
    I don't think they will either, but other games still have similar style systems and will continue to do so for years to come, because there is a market for it. It may not be a 10 million sub market, but there is still a very large market for it.

    The gaming industry (Trion specific) tried to clone a successful a MMO called WoW. I never played wow, but just by reading about it and seeing an attribute called "hit" and seeing armor set bonuses, and seeing quests out the waazoo that consist of killing 15 crabs, run here, speak to jack and hear a lame story, run there and poop in that bush, etc etc, it is obvious they tried to copy WoW and just make changes as they saw would benefit this game over WoW. In any case, PvP and WOW should not be mentioned in the same sentence. WoW fails at PvP, and Trion trying to take ideas from WoW is why it will never be a hugely successful PvP game.

    If Trion looked at popular successful PvP games and took their idea's, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

    If I were Trion (I do own a software company myself and deal with complaints/suggestions as well)

    I would look into changing rulesets on PvP servers. You rather enjoy the full effect of strategy based PvP or you don't. On the fence players that want may think they like PvP, are the one's that caused this game to be boring in any sense of the word PvP. You can't have a middle ground in PvP. You rather have PvP or you don't. Real gamers do not like illusions. My guild from Shadowbane that consist of 100 players wouldn't touch Rift with a 10 foot stick, and MANY other guilds and players feel the same way. Google can be your friend. Research and you too will see there is still a sizeable market that play these games. Why Trion doesn't want that marketshare as well is beyond me. That market typically doesn't post whines and crys about every patch and class every 5 minutes of the day. Hell, Trion support would probably save money because those players are also more self sufficient and wouldn't need to call a GM when they didn't know how to open their inventory.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    164

    Default

    No, we clearly do not.
    BEST ROGUE EU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts