+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Trion, PvP and the playersbase. It is time for changes to be made before GW2 arrives!

Rift Master

Default Trion, PvP and the playersbase. It is time for changes to be made before GW2 arrives!

First of....

We have Valor, a stat that reduze incoming DMG and only work in PvP but then we also have this reduction talents from Warlock, Riftstalker, Elementalist, VK, Justicar etc.

*Some of them can be gained easier without loosing to much DPS, like Riftstalker for example (The super OP soul nr 1, just my opinion ofc)

*I also have seen some warriors running around in DPS specs with pacts from VK etc taking very little dmg while putting out descent numbers themselfes.

My question to trion is why??? Why not only have Valor as the only working dmg reduction in PvP combat and have these dmg reduction talents automatically turn in to, Dext/Strengh and Intelligence/Wisdom stat bonuses instead?

I really don't like this tanky specs DPS hybrids to acually run around in warfronts and take very little dmg, beeing very hard to CC and acually topping the KB and DMG scoreboards all the time.

Lets face it people. Tanking belongs in PvE/dungeons/Raids, not in PvP battles where skillz should be the only thing that matter. Not facetanking huge crowds for several minutes, get some KB and then convince yourself that it was YOU (the player) who is awesome, and that it was indeed not the broken game mechanic wich made this possible from the very beginning.

From now on we should be focusing on making PvP better for everybody, not only for some people playing a specific class each patch.

PvP should be about.

*Quick decision
    *Mobility
    *DPS/healing
    *Positioning
    *Teamplay
    *"Skillz"
    *Having a good time
    *Ballance between all callings

Whats need to happen:

*Valor should be the only working dmg reduction talent in PvP.

*Ranks and Gear req should be earned while u make you way through the lower PvP brackets, and when you hit 50 you can finally equip you new gear (will give us alot of new players coming to Rift and they will acually enjoying their time and stay subbed)

*Devs must be sitting down and realese a patch wich fixes all less viable souls for all classes before moving forward (Nobody should be feeling "stuck" in a specific build when we do indeed have 8 roles Available. All roles should synergize better).

*Arena must be introduced to make battle experience even greater (No one should have to feel "forced" to play with people they don't wanna be grouped with)

*A HPS reduction output lilmit from healers must introduced (will not drop the healers survivability a bit since it will only affect the player you heal)

* New PvP rewards will be introduced, from doing world PvP (Cool cloth, Items that change the looks on your spells and attacks etc)

* Weekend Sieges will be introduzed aswell The bridge between Meridian and Sanctum will be opened and the faction invasions can begin. Rewards like new rare Special PvP runes and epic PvP trinkets etc will be introduced.

There are alot of more ideas that i have about all this, but would take forever to read so this will do for now.
    I Hope Trion taking the time to considering some of my ideas and work faster to make PvP in thsi game better, the threat from GW2 is very real i can assure you.

Edit: keep the flaming on a reasonable level.

Yeah... No.

/thread.

C u there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Yeah... No.

/thread.

C u there.
    ^^ This ^^
    ~~ Euthan ~~

I appreciate that even in a completely unrelated OP you were still able to make a potshot at NB/RS's.
    Nice.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Does this mean when GW2 comes out we can look forward to a reduction in the 2+ weekly threads we get with the bullet-pointed list of demands?

Because that would make me really look forward to GW2's launch.

Plane Walker

Sad part is, Trion will not be making any changes to improve PvP (New WF is not an improvement). We don't need ANY more instanced based stuff, this is another reason why world pvp is dead. Everyone just sits in a queue and waits for a WF. Kinda sad if you ask me, instanced based games generally kill the population out in a persistent world. Dungeons shouldn't be instanced either, maybe a few should, but there should be regular dungeons as well that should allow players to find others for PvP.

Don't get me wrong, Rift has done things right for PVE'ers, but PvP.. They fell flat on their faces. You would think the suggestions made would be addressed, to any extent, responded to, or a "we will not have this, but perhaps this or that".. Whatever is done.. STOP with the instances. That is not PvP, there is little fun in knowing when a battle will happen over being attacked when you least expect it in the open world.

Open world PvP with inventory lootable on a killed player (not equiped) would be a decent start at the very least. Risk Vs Reward. What ever happen to using your brain in PvP? Or a strategy? This game seems to want to separate itself from players with knowledge and smarts in PvP (evident by removing battlesource engine to anyone under 50, ruining a twinks fun at level 19) That alone speaks volumes.. Instead of other players improving there own gear, they complain about the guy that used it and made level requirements.... FAIL.

Everyone I spoke to in my guild said they would be all for full open world inventory lootable on death PvP. and would love to go open world roaming around looking for fun. In its current state, it's not worth doing this, you can run around for 45 minutes and not find a single person in the zones (large in part because of all the instanced stuff that kills population in persistent part of the game)

I understand Pve'ers don't like a bit more hard core pvp and thats fine. This is why they have PVE servers. But don't make the pvper's on a pvp server suffer because of them..

Not sure if I will be playing GW2, i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the Shadowbane Emulator & Darkfall 2.0
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-16-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Trion has made changes to PVP and it seems they dont won't healers.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I appreciate that even in a completely unrelated OP you were still able to make a potshot at NB/RS's.
    Nice.
    Nerf the OP viod-bolt spamming bunnyhopping NBs!
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Plane Walker

Perhaps they waiting to see how many of the 250k active subs left out of the 600k they had 6 months ago leave first before making any changes.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Nice.
    Zaros is the reason why I like reading the forums.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Perhaps they waiting to see how many of the 250k active subs left out of the 600k they had 6 months ago leave first before making any changes.
    Oh, did trion publish figures? can you link to them please?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    http://www.mmodata.net/

Ascendant

thank you. Funny little site!

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Does this mean when GW2 comes out we can look forward to a reduction in the 2+ weekly threads we get with the bullet-pointed list of demands?

Because that would make me really look forward to GW2's launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    You seriously can expect a good spike in queue time -- gives you more room to farm PVE dailys in between pops.
    Oh and o/c more undergeared casuals to roll, if that's your vision of exciting next-gen PVP.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post

Some thoughts about PvP and Role-/Soul-Combinations

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3671710

The CC-Immunity

The Mage can not rely to his CC-Skills anymore wich is a great necessity to ensure survival. Especially against Melees in a 1 vs. 1 chances for a win a not as great.
    Surrounded by invincible Warriors and Rogues casts can not be completet due to the circling motion of the opponent(s).

Normaly you could escape by using „Flicker“, however Rogues and Warriors posses many talents with extreme short CDs that prevent the Mages escape. Further Mages CC-Skills such as „Transmogrify“ or „Fear“ most likely vanish into nothing because Warriors and Rogues seem to be immune constantly. The immunity in PvP increases this even more. So in gerneral the Mage has no CC-abbilities that he can rely on in PvP. This will definitely lead to the Mages death.

So why and for what reason do Mages still have CC-Abbilities???

Also see:

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post

Mages, PvP and Immunity

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-immunity.html

So get rid of the CC-Immunity-System, that classes, that really need to use their CCs to stay alive, can rely on their skills again!

Also the Valor should be increased for all classes, so that fights will take a bit longer and be more interseting and exciting.

Burst -> Dead , Burst -> Dead ... has nothing to do with PvP!

Additional in PvP there should be a Max-DMG-Limit to the Finishers like „Rapid Fire Shot“, „Fulminate“ and so on.

For example:

Fulminate causes 930 to 940 Fire-DMG, but not more than 40% of the enemies total health.

Role-Combinations:

DDs should deal great damage
    Healer should heal a lot, but deal just a little dmg
    Tanks should tank and be hard to kill, but deal just a little dmg

But what about some Role-/Soul-Combinations?

There are Tanks and Healer, not only alsmost invincible because of their special talents, but also at least as good as straight-dmg-dealers. This should not be!

The problem could probably be solved by 0-Talents like this:

For each point you spent in your Healing-Soul, heal will be increased by 1%, and the dmg of all your dmg-souls will be decrased by 0,6%.

For each point you spent in your Tank-Soul, all dmg you take will be decreased by 0,5% and the dmg of all your dmg-souls will be decrased by 1%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast