+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 118
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Trion, PvP and the playersbase. It is time for changes to be made before GW2 arrives!

  1. #16
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I know I will definitely give GW2 a shot. I would've tried SWTOR but I'm not a fan of Star Wars.
    I still enjoy Rift a lot. But, giving that not much changed in Rift’s PVP lately (balancing classes is not a PVP change,) it won't hurt to try other games.
    If GW2 experience proves better than that of Rift, I'm staying on that side. Of course, I can always come back to Rift if GW2 does not turn out to be what I'm expecting.

  2. #17
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    I remember when all these threads popped up before SWTOR.

  3. #18
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I remember when all these threads popped up before SWTOR.
    Yea, and then the population dropped by faar. You can only imagine what a Free to play Game like GW2 wich are focused on PvP from the very beginning will do to the General population in Rift, And GW2 is that good my friend i can assure you.

  4. #19
    Plane Walker TheKomissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I appreciate that even in a completely unrelated OP you were still able to make a potshot at NB/RS's.
    Nice.
    Oh Zaros... You're the only rogue that makes me smile every time I read a post from you.

  5. #20
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    Yea, and then the population dropped by faar. You can only imagine what a Free to play Game like GW2 wich are focused on PvP from the very beginning will do to the General population in Rift, And GW2 is that good my friend i can assure you.
    Yeah, for like 2 weeks until people all came running back talking about how godawful TOR was. And hey, if GW2's release makes you start posting your giant walls of QQ text over on their forums instead of here, I will welcome the release of GW2 with cookies, pie, cake, and all manner of delicious desert-type foods.

    And Lloigor... your statement about burst not being PvP... what game is burst NOT vital in PvP? PvE = DPS, PvP = Burst. Also, I dunno what game you've been playing, but healers hit me for almost nothing. Tanks also hit me for almost nothing. As for SnB DD warriors, get some hit and you won't have any issue with them.

    Basically, all I've seen here is a lot of QQ about being bad at the game and wanting the game adjusted to compensate for a lack of MMO PvP skill. And for you to insinuate tanks do not belong in PvP... I don't think I can put into words what I think of your intelligence right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

  6. #21
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Yeah, for like 2 weeks until people all came running back talking about how godawful TOR was. And hey, if GW2's release makes you start posting your giant walls of QQ text over on their forums instead of here, I will welcome the release of GW2 with cookies, pie, cake, and all manner of delicious desert-type foods.

    And Lloigor... your statement about burst not being PvP... what game is burst NOT vital in PvP? PvE = DPS, PvP = Burst. Also, I dunno what game you've been playing, but healers hit me for almost nothing. Tanks also hit me for almost nothing. As for SnB DD warriors, get some hit and you won't have any issue with them.

    Basically, all I've seen here is a lot of QQ about being bad at the game and wanting the game adjusted to compensate for a lack of MMO PvP skill. And for you to insinuate tanks do not belong in PvP... I don't think I can put into words what I think of your intelligence right now.
    I never played TOR but with over a mil subs, and way ahead of Rift in Subs, and the fact that Rift lost 350K subs over the last 6 months, It is fair to assume that people left for TOR and other games.

  7. #22
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Mentioning another game on these Forums is against the CoC.

    What have you done wrong so far in this topic?

    Yea, and then the population dropped by faar. You can only imagine what a Free to play Game like GW2 wich are focused on PvP from the very beginning will do to the General population in Rift, And GW2 is that good my friend i can assure you.
    This can be considered advertising for another game. I think you should familiarize yourself with the Codes of Conduct. Here is a link incase you are not to familiar with the forums. http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...uncements.html

    Hope this helps =D
    Aspiring future Community Manager of Rift.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  8. #23
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Well that was eye opening. I didn't expect that huge of a drop.

    Must have been all Rogues
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

  9. #24
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    665

    Default Oh noes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Mentioning another game on these Forums is against the CoC.

    What have you done wrong so far in this topic?



    This can be considered advertising for another game. I think you should familiarize yourself with the Codes of Conduct. Here is a link incase you are not to familiar with the forums. http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...uncements.html

    Hope this helps =D
    Aspiring future Community Manager of Rift.

    Am i going to court? Don't care dude, don't care...

    You as a Community manager.

    LOL.

  10. #25
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    I think he would be a great Community Manager.

  11. #26
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Mentioning another game on these Forums is against the CoC.

    What have you done wrong so far in this topic?



    This can be considered advertising for another game. I think you should familiarize yourself with the Codes of Conduct. Here is a link incase you are not to familiar with the forums. http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...uncements.html

    Hope this helps =D
    Aspiring future Community Manager of Rift.
    Passive aggressive level 99
    ~Quiescent

  12. #27
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Trion has made changes, that is why the PVP guys are leaving.

  13. #28
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Sad to say... I know 20+ ppl that will be going once their subs are up because of the state of pvp.

    To cut a long story short... they do not want to roll a rogue just to be competative 1v1.

    I'm finding it harder to justify my sub atm... there are too many things broken to even bother with a rehash of what ppl have already mentioned.

    Trion need to weed out the troll forums and listen to ppl that are trying to be positive about what's needed.

  14. #29
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    What is I think is sad is the only reason Trion is now putting forth an effort to address the pvp balance that has been complained about by the community for months is because of the release of GW2. Trion should of been more active at addressing the communities concerns of balance, and ideas for better implements of pvp real world and warfronts. We'll see when gw2 goes live how good it fans out then, but if it is as good as expected Trion can expect to take a big hit in the pocket books. Too little to late Trion now you want to address pvp, now that some real competition is coming out? Not to mention we won't be needing to pay a subscription fee for gw2. It will be kind of nice not having my account tapped on a monthly basis with little to show for it as far as pvp goes.

  15. #30
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    What is I think is sad is the only reason Trion is now putting forth an effort to address the pvp balance that has been complained about by the community for months is because of the release of GW2. Trion should of been more active at addressing the communities concerns of balance, and ideas for better implements of pvp real world and warfronts. We'll see when gw2 goes live how good it fans out then, but if it is as good as expected Trion can expect to take a big hit in the pocket books. Too little to late Trion now you want to address pvp, now that some real competition is coming out? Not to mention we won't be needing to pay a subscription fee for gw2. It will be kind of nice not having my account tapped on a monthly basis with little to show for it as far as pvp goes.
    I disagree.

    There have been balance issues all along and Trion has been trying to address them, all along. This has little to do with GW2's release.

    The problem is that, with 4 classes and 8 souls per class (that's effectively 32 classes along with innumerable permutations), it is almost impossible to achieve perfect PvP balance in this game. Throw in the fact that they balance, primarily, around PvE and the job becomes that much harder.

    Very few games of this nature have achieved anything close to real PvP balance. It's pretty much a pipe dream at this point.

    It's all well and good to say "Buff this / Nerf that" but with the way things are set up one minor change can set off a domino effect that changes how other abilities function and / or how the class functions outside of the narrow venue we're talking about. A change based on WF experience could change how the toon functions in WPvP (not that there's much of that anyway). A different change based on PvP experiences could change how that class functions in PvE.

    WoW, which has had 7 years to get it right, has only come close a couple times. And, in the process, they've dumbed down, and with the release of their next X-pack will be all but removing, their talent system. In short, in order to get balance where they think it should be, they've removed a ton of diversity in their class system.

    Rift's talent system is leaps and bounds beyond anything WoW had, which makes balance much more difficult to achieve.

    There's also the matter of player preference. Some players like longer, more strategic fights (more HP, more CC, less DPS) and others like quick decisive battles (less defense, more burst). It's kind of a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation. Trying to find that happy medium is all but impossible because the target "sweet spot" is always changing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts