+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question about PvP sigil changes

Default Question about PvP sigil changes

Will those twinks who have already equipped them get grandfathered in, or did they lose their ability to put those sigils on if they already had em?

-PvP: Battlemaster's Source Engine and Battlemaster's Sigil now require level 50 to equip.-

The whetstones and such as well. >_>

-Wrath Spikes, Burning Powerstones, Ancient Burning Powerstones, Wrath Stones, Mighty Wrath Stones, Massive Weaponstones, Ancient Massive Weaponstones, Exquisite Whetstones, Ancient Exquisite Whetstones, Exquisite Oilstones, and Ancient Exquisite Oilstones now require level 50 to use.-
    Last edited by Tolmos; 03-16-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

I had one equipped (I'm 49), found it in my inventory, so yes, they did get removed from being equipped, sadly enough.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Thas_ View Post
    I had one equipped (I'm 49), found it in my inventory, so yes, they did get removed from being equipped, sadly enough.
    Good to hear. Should have had a level requirement on it before. Anything that brings the twinks back in line is good in my book.

Ouch. That sucks if the item was unequipped automatically as a result of the change. I can see both sides of the fence but imo they should have grandfathered in those who ground out the rep.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin87 View Post
    Good to hear. Should have had a level requirement on it before. Anything that brings the twinks back in line is good in my book.
    So instead of getting a battle source engine yourself and bettering your character (because this require effort and time) they should just nerf it so the people that are clueless about making a PvP toon at any level is punished.

Great thinking!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    ...they should just nerf it so the people that are clueless about making a PvP toon at any level is punished.
    Not really, they should remove it simply because it makes for dire PvP, especially for new players, especally at lvl 19.

Low level PvP should not be built around the saddos that want lvl locked twinks, it should be balanced around new players / players levelling.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Not really, they should remove it simply because it makes for dire PvP, especially for new players, especally at lvl 19.

Low level PvP should not be built around the saddos that want lvl locked twinks, it should be balanced around new players / players levelling.
    If it is possible and usable for everyone, whats the issue? 1 guy was smart enough to use it, the rest were not, lets punish the 1 guy that figured things out.

Plane Touched

If it is possible and usable for everyone, whats the issue? 1 guy was smart enough to use it, the rest were not, lets punish the 1 guy that figured things out.
    Oh, sure, defend the guy that likes to 1-shot people. I thought all this time you were about real PvP, but now you show your true colors as a guy who likes to play God-mode.

Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Champion

You obviously have a low ceiling for what you consider "smart" or what needs to be figured out.

A new player simply wanting to experince the game is not going to prioritse maxing out their character to anywhere near the extent of a twink, they have other priorities, more important stuff to spend thier meagre platnium on, would be stupid to waste their planarite trying to compete with a twink at every level, etc, hence low level PvP should be balanced around them not the minority of sad twinkies.
    Last edited by Flimble; 03-17-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Plane Walker

You obviously have a low ceiling for what you consider "smart" or what needs to be figured out.

A new player simply wanting to experince the game is not going to prioritse maxing out their character to anywhere near the extent of a twink, they have other priorities, more important stuff to spend thier meagre platnium on, would be stupid to waste their planarite trying to compete with a twink at every level, etc, hence low level PvP should be balanced around them not the minority of sad twinkies.
    ? Its PvP.. Who's fault is that, PvP isn't SOFT. PvP is not what you see in WoW.

It is balanced if EVERYONE can do the same exact thing. Balancing issues is when player x can do something that player B can not do that causes a significant disadvantage. If BOTH players can do the same thing, there isn't any balance issues. Just issues with people not wanting to better their own characters and find it easier to type a compliant message than it is to actually improve themselves.
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-17-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Champion

? Its PvP.. Who's fault is that, PvP isn't SOFT. PvP is not what you see in WoW.
    I'd say PvP is pretty soft in this game in most ways, no looting, no xp/prestiage loss for dying, you get favor/prestige win or lose, etc. Secondly it is soft when it comes to skill, no matching, easy mode macros, no aim/dodge, simplistic class mechanics, genarally low skill cap.

The only "hard" aspect is the unmatched factor, which simply results in dire PvP that appeals to bads.

The number of PvP servers remaining & the differrence in queue lengths between 6 months ago and what they were just before the addition of mercs, tells you all need to know about PvP in this game.

Balancing issues is when player x can do something that player B can not do that causes a significant disadvantage. If BOTH players can do the same thing, there isn't any balance issues.
    No dear, I said the PvP should be balanced around new players levelling up, that is the game design, ideally they should simply have twinks in a different queue, even Blizzard worked that one out, but failing that they should put the gaming experience and priorities of new players levelling, before that of twinks, so if that means restricting bits of gear, so be it.

Incidentally there is plenty that new players can't do that I or anyone else with a 50 can, I can send zillions of platnium & planarite to my low level alts, endless consumerables, craft any bit of gear, etc, new players can't do that, nor for that matter would they want to, they quite righlty have different priorities and the idea that they should basically make a twink to avoid be stomped in WF is just moronic beyond belief, even more so in a game like Rift where levelling is fast.
    Last edited by Flimble; 03-17-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Plane Walker

I'd say PvP is pretty soft in this game in most ways, no looting, no xp/prestiage loss for dying, you get favor/prestige win or lose, etc. Secondly it is soft when it comes to skill, no matching, easy mode macros, no aim/dodge, simplistic class mechanics, genarally low skill cap.

The only "hard" aspect is the unmatched factor, which simply results in dire PvP that appeals to bads.

The number of PvP servers remaining & the differrence in queue lengths between 6 months ago and what they were just before the addition of mercs, tells you all need to know about PvP in this game.

No dear, I said the PvP should be balanced around new players levelling up, that is the game design, ideally they should simply have twinks in a different queue, even Blizzard worked that one out, but failing that they should put the gaming experience and priorities of new players levelling, before that of twinks, so if that means restricting bits of gear, so be it.

Incidentally there is plenty that new players can't do that I or anyone else with a 50 can, I can send zillions of platnium & planarite to my low level alts, endless consumerables, craft any bit of gear, etc, new players can't do that, nor for that matter would they want to, they quite righlty have different priorities and the idea that they should basically make a twink to avoid be stomped in WF is just moronic beyond belief, even more so in a game like Rift where levelling is fast.

If items are available to both players and player 1 chooses to use an item an player 2 does not, who's fault is it?

Champion

If items are available to both players and player 1 chooses to use an item an player 2 does not, who's fault is it?
    I refer you to my previous post.

Plane Walker

I refer you to my previous post.
    Your speaking of brand new players and my thoughts are 99% of the people that are complaining are not new players but current players making new toons.A new player consist of your first few weeks in Rift. If you have played for a few months and still level 25, well than my friend that is your own fault.

Champion

Your speaking of brand new players and my thoughts are 99% of the people that are complaining are not new players but current players making new toons.A new player consist of your first few weeks in Rift. If you have played for a few months and still level 25, well than my friend that is your own fault.
    I'm afraid your meaningless guesses are irrelevant, incidently I have three lvl 50s.
    Last edited by Flimble; 03-17-2012 at 10:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast