+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Twinks are tottaly fine(proof inside)

  1. #31
    Prophet of Telara Zaiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Now they just need to make it so as soon as you put an enchant on a piece of BOE gear that it becomes soulbound, I've seen llevel 19 twinks running around in crafted gear with dragonslayers/mathosian/Icewatch enchants on, the things people need to do to be competitive, eh?
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

  2. #32
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    Now they just need to make it so as soon as you put an enchant on a piece of BOE gear that it becomes soulbound, I've seen llevel 19 twinks running around in crafted gear with dragonslayers/mathosian/Icewatch enchants on, the things people need to do to be competitive, eh?
    Yeah, that is wrong. I don't understand why they don't put a level requirement on those. That to me smells like cheating.

    I'm not against twinks in the slightest, but when it really is stuff, that is not accessable to everyone... that sort of stinks... stinks bad.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  3. #33
    Plane Walker Skyfoxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    433

    Default

    rep runes, epic augments, cairn stuff, puzzle stuff, transplanar stuff, pro sigil stuff
    the things people need to do to be competitive
    What did you expected in gear-based game pvp?
    Last edited by Skyfoxy; 03-18-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

  4. #34
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    Sweet mother of God, that level 39 has more hp than my Rank 34 Warrior...
    I certainly hope you have more than 9k HP at rank 34 in a full tank spec.

  5. #35
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Let's see....



    Ad hominem attacks.

    Grammar police.

    Strategy experts who can tell how I play from targeting a warrior and having three combo points on them.

    You're bad learn to play.

    Twinks are good for the game.

    Make your own twink. (not quite as easy for a new player)



    This thread is going pretty much as expected. All from a cropped screenshot and a sarcastic title.

    Nice.

  6. #36
    Plane Walker Aphophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    1. The twink warrior is Paladin Warlord VK.

    2. The twink warrior in full tank spec has 3.5x the hp as the lower level and undergeared OP. My level 50 warrior has ~14500 hp in in pvp gear in my tank role... that's 3.5x more hp than the 4200 hp undergeared fresh level 50s I see in WFs. Do level 50 warrior tanks need a nerf in pvp?
    That's wearing PvP gear, which he probably doesn't have. To make the comparison a bit more fun:
    I have 11 more levels than that twink, and in my tankspec + gear I sport 20k health. Which i'm sure, most tanks at lvl 50 will have, wearing PvE gear. Just like this twink.

    So it's not abnormal for a warrior tank, going heavy into tanking souls (which increase your HP even further), to have this amount of health. However, I wouldn't like to have this person running flags in Whitefall Steppes at lvl 39.

    Protip: Ignore him, or focus fire + purge. He may be healthy, but he is harmless otherwise.
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

    www.imperium.co

  7. #37
    Ascendant nemecis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    pro-tip - elemental damage will decimate the warrior in the screen shot.

    The only thing that could make that warrior dangerous is if they have a good support train. If that is the case, then it's less the "twink" and more the team. Essentially this player if played right is pulling targets out of safety, applying spotter's orders and the assist train is burning them down.

    If not, they're basically a 9k HP pilon.

  8. #38
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Crab View Post
    Let's see....

    Make your own twink. (not quite as easy for a new player)
    double post fml.
    Last edited by Charlice; 03-19-2012 at 04:25 PM.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  9. #39
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Crab View Post
    Let's see....

    Make your own twink. (not quite as easy for a new player)
    Orly? Don't new players have access to crafting, dungeons or planar vendors? I could of sworn that I did, when I was leveling up. My how things change.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  10. #40
    Plane Walker TheKomissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    I certainly hope you have more than 9k HP at rank 34 in a full tank spec.
    I meant in DPS spec.

  11. #41
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Orly? Don't new players have access to crafting, dungeons or planar vendors? I could of sworn that I did, when I was leveling up. My how things change.

    I don't recall saying it wasn't possible. Let me check. Nope I didn't say that.

    My point is that being able to bankroll various things with a main. Or having higher level friends to help you farm things for your twink(which a new player might not have yet). Is all going to make it easier.

    Do you really deny that it's easier to twink if you already have an established main?

  12. #42
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    I meant in DPS spec.
    The point was that it's stupid to compare a level 39 tank geared purely for HP to a level 50 dps.

  13. #43
    Ascendant nemecis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Crab View Post
    Do you really deny that it's easier to twink if you already have an established main?
    and why does that matter?

    it stands to reason that an established player should enjoy an advantage over new players, no matter what context you place them.

    The reality is, there is an equal opportunity afforded to each. if new players may be less able, less inclined, or less willing to do so doesn't change that reality.

  14. #44
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    and why does that matter?

    it stands to reason that an established player should enjoy an advantage over new players, no matter what context you place them.

    The reality is, there is an equal opportunity afforded to each. if new players may be less able, less inclined, or less willing to do so doesn't change that reality.

    Completely sidestepping the point.

    Being possible does not change the reality that it's more difficult and less likely for a new player to do. Forcing new players to twink to be anything more than cannon fodder is not good game design.

    Anyway you try to spin it.

    Reality is a funny thing.

  15. #45
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Crab View Post
    Completely sidestepping the point.

    Being possible does not change the reality that it's more difficult and less likely for a new player to do. Forcing new players to twink to be anything more than cannon fodder is not good game design.

    Anyway you try to spin it.

    Reality is a funny thing.
    Players should be allowed to do ANYTHING they want in a fantasy MMORP game. That is how players create their own fun or adventures whatever that may be. Your instanced dungeons may excite you, perhaps thats ruining someone elses fun because now less people are in the open world so less to no PvP... Lets remove instances then as you being in an instance is ruining someone elses fun. Just because it ruins player A's fun does not mean twinking or whatever you want to call it should not be allowed. This is the major issue now with this game, everything must be fair and equal at all times or it must be removed, Trion has done nothing but encourage whining to an extent I NEVER seen in any game online (been playing mmo since 1999)
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-20-2012 at 09:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts