+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bionitro
  • 1 Post By Lyrria
  • 1 Post By Soul sky

Thread: Pocket Healing Questions

Default Pocket Healing Questions

Hello, pvp community. I have been leveling a cleric and would like to dedicate a role as pocket healer for pvp. I have a few questions so I can make the best out of it.

1. What is/are the best cleric build(s) for pocket healing in pvp?

2. What are some useful macros with that/those build(s) for pocket healing in pvp?

3. Aside from pvp vendored gear, are there suggestions for runes, sigil/source engines, essences (lessers and greaters), trinkets, etc?

4. Any additional tips, play styles, interface tweaks, command uses that you have found helpful for pocket healing in pvp?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    Hello, pvp community. I have been leveling a cleric and would like to dedicate a role as pocket healer for pvp. I have a few questions so I can make the best out of it.

1. What is/are the best cleric build(s) for pocket healing in pvp?

2. What are some useful macros with that/those build(s) for pocket healing in pvp?

3. Aside from pvp vendored gear, are there suggestions for runes, sigil/source engines, essences (lessers and greaters), trinkets, etc?

4. Any additional tips, play styles, interface tweaks, command uses that you have found helpful for pocket healing in pvp?

Thanks in advance!
    I consider myself a good pockethealer, so I'm bound to help u out..

question 1

I use 33 sent, 33 warden, 0 purifier (for the shield)

added to that, keep soothing stream up, healing spary, and healing current
    use the shields preferably on urself ;) (also orbs of the stream)

question 2

macros are for noobs :P

but i do use, touch the light + healing invcation
    and
    curative waters + a single cleanse

Question 3

get the hailstone tide shard (or whats it called)

it puts a shield over ur healing target wich is nice =)

question 4

this is my UI layout

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...-15_172549.jpg

it's set up so i can click easier for healing, get something similair like this..

playstyle sidenotes...:

when ur in a WF for example, and u feel ur self doing notthing..
    put healing spray, healinf flood and cleanses up... allways, imo u should allways be hotting up ppl... with the dmg ppl take, just be proactive ;)

if u have any further questions let me know!

PS. cleanses are super OP in this game ;) (for example versus a mage, keep em rolling! and get the 25% chance on cleans in PVP tree, it works in pve aswell ;) )

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

^What this guy said, and:

If you are not facing a good Marksman, 51 Warden makes whoever you're healing invincible. You can just slap HoTs on yourself and the person you're pocket healing and watch as they roll on through everything. I use this variation of 51 Warden. It helps to make me hard to kill, as you know they'll be on you in an instant.

For times when I am facing a good MM amongst a team, I use a build similar to Bionitros. A good MM ruins my day.
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post

question 1

question 2

and

Question 3

question 4

this is my UI layout

it's set up so i can click easier for healing, get something similair like this..

playstyle sidenotes...:

put healing spray, healinf flood and cleanses up... allways, imo u should allways be hotting up ppl... with the dmg ppl take, just be proactive ;)

PS. cleanses are super OP in this game ;) (for example versus a mage, keep em rolling! and get the 25% chance on cleans in PVP tree, it works in pve aswell ;) )
    Dunno if I am missing something, but isnt that just a 'healer' when you spec full heals? Did the op say pocket healer? Is that not DPS with a bit of healing to help out, aka pocket healing?

I guess I could be wrong, but if Im not, why say I want to be a pocket healer instead of saying, i want to be a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Dunno if I am missing something, but isnt that just a 'healer' when you spec full heals? Did the op say pocket healer? Is that not DPS with a bit of healing to help out, aka pocket healing?

I guess I could be wrong, but if Im not, why say I want to be a pocket healer instead of saying, i want to be a healer.
    if u are a pocket healer it means U focus urself on one person only and urself ofc.

So go in a wf with a R40 hardhitting warrior, and pocket heal him.. then u are bound to win that wf ;)

same goes for a really good mage but i prefer a warrior since 1.7 =)

ohw and yeah, MM's are hard, but basicly line of sight and knonking them back with crushing wave helps =) espacially in codex, stand on a ledge and push everyone off ;)

and mages who manadrain are *****es :P

Rift Chaser

if u are a pocket healer it means U focus urself on one person only and urself ofc.

So go in a wf with a R40 hardhitting warrior, and pocket heal him.. then u are bound to win that wf ;)

same goes for a really good mage but i prefer a warrior since 1.7 =)

ohw and yeah, MM's are hard, but basicly line of sight and knonking them back with crushing wave helps =) espacially in codex, stand on a ledge and push everyone off ;)

and mages who manadrain are *****es :P
    I see. I usually just heal everyone instead of focusing on 1 player, works better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    I see. I usually just heal everyone instead of focusing on 1 player, works better that way.
    Ill do that when ppl start taking their heads out their *** and they don't LOS me and dont help me out when im attacked ;)

Plane Touched

question 1

question 2

and

Question 3

question 4

this is my UI layout

playstyle sidenotes...:

Just wanted to say that I love your name BROBEY! Yo Gabba Gabba?? Oh and I'm a healer too....he's right about always putting hots up...never stop!

I enjoy mana draining Brobey
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Champion

I support this post.

As a side note, there was also a post about 51 Ward making whoever you're pocket healing invincible but I've found that in PvP, those extra 18 points aren't as effective as you'd think. Other than the buff to Orbs, all your extra heals are 2 second casts. In PvP, 90% of any healing cast over 1 second is going to get interrupted, making you useless. The single most important Warden ability in PvP is Serendipity, which reduces your 2 second casts to near uninterruptable speeds. If you run into a very skilled player that *can* get those insanely fast interrupts off, pop your Healer's Haste and for the next few casts, they become instant. They can't interrupt those!

Question 2

As a Warden Healer, I'd have to also support this. There just really aren't any macros you can use. Most of your spells are instant casts with no cooldowns, or become instant casts in certain conditions so you just can't macro them. They only abilities I'd macro, I generally don't want tied to the spell I'd macro it with because I want them off CD when I need them. So, I don't use any macros either.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Thank you for all of the great feedback!

I do have some follow-up questions:

1. Regarding macros, do you not recommend mouseoverui macros? What would you use instead?

2. Concerning the 33ward/33sent/0pur build, I did some fishing and found the following builds:

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/201...inel32-warden/

This is a very nice link for two versions of 34warden/32sentinel, it includes macros, gear suggestions and strategy for the build. Thanks to dulfy for putting this together!

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-x-builds.html

This link includes much more than ward/sent, but does include a 32ward/32sent/2puri build. Thanks to Sokanon for putting this one together!

I have yet to find a 33warden/33sentinel build for pvp/pocket healing and all three of the above mentioned builds vary. I will play around with them, but am interested in the builds suggested here!

Thanks again for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    essences:
    clairvoyant's scorn
    exemplar's umbrage
    soothsayer's fury & storm
    archaengelic's grace & blessing

trinket:
    last survivor

+ Reply to Thread