+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Definitive PVP/warfront post

Plane Touched

Default Definitive PVP/warfront post

Okay let's say all this once and be done.

Warfronts:

Know this, until you reach mid 30's in ranking you will be owned, over and over and over again. Don't cry about it just take it and learn.

While leveling find a way to be useful. No, standing back and spamming AE is not useful. AE heals are greater than AE damage. So while at the end you can look like you did something because of inflated damage numbers, reality is you didn't. So go in as support, or heals, or in a build that debuffs targets. Do a little research. OMG yes I just suggest you read something. Each warfront has different needs in builds. Learn your class' strengths and weakness.

And most of all stay together. Be aware of the score and of the kills. If the kill ratio tops 3-1 you are being farmed. No, Trion cannot make every single warfront balanced. Get over it. When you are being farmed, stop running in. Running in alone is worst but running in at all can be rather counter productive. When your opponents stop doing those things that award points and instead camp your spawn point, Allowing time to expire is smartest choice. Why? Because this is done by higher levels to farm KB's (killing blows) that provide greater favor. By allowing them to farm you, you in fact encourage them to continue to que with no other intention than farming you. Or, the more you allow yourself to be a victim the more likely you will be a victim again. Also those players who are geared and capable of helping you will become discouraged to que when people just jump in die, jump in die, etc. So by playing smarter and taking a loss and waiting out the end gives you a greater chance to win next time.

Marking: Only 1 form of marking works to any degree. That is when Raid Warning announces target changes and everyone focuses them down 1 at a time. Why? Well simple, when there are 3 healers and 6 dps focusing on them it can be spread 2 each which in totally ineffective. They may be all marked 1-3 each dps thinking "we can kill this one before re-targeting to one that's probably about to die" Only by singling out opponents 1 at a time can all dps know where it needs to be at that moment.

Marking your own healers is useless. You should always be grouped anyway. Marking all the oppositions healers also waste of time. Anyone can tab to a blue mana bar and find a healer. If some of your team mates cannot do this, well odds are their contribution won't matter anyway.

Typing out instructions in warfront: STOP IT. With a few exceptions it only becomes noob chatter. Those who don't know what to do to win, rarely if ever listen to instructions, and odds are also high they aren't very capable either. Those who are capable, already know what to do, and therefor need no instructions.

The exceptions are: "Our Boss NOW!" "inc dex" "Everyone to their boss via the river" "2 stealth rogues at vault" telling people to pick up stones, defend a position, etc. a huge waste of time. For those who type "boss" is it not apparent there are 2 bosses? What the flip does "boss" mean. Is our boss under attack? Did someone ask where to turn in stones? Are you asking if we are or should be attacking their boss? Also if you aren't level 35+ there is a reason no one else is saying what you think needs to be said. It doesn't need to be said. Find the group and stay together.

Stop hitting warriors being healed. find the healer kill them 1st. Stop standing in the same places doing the same thing and expecting a different out come. Learn the maps, and how to make the most out of your skills to help you and your team compete.

When the score is 800-300 and you're losing. In the name of all that is holy, stop telling people what to do to win. IT"S OVER!!! deal with it.

Explore builds, roles, etc. watch what/who kills you and how. Then see if your class offers anything to counteract that. Live and die and learn from both.

Get your gear. Do your time. Take your lumps. And get your gear.

Go in with a friend. So the two of you may learn and progress together. 2 people do not que as a premade, whereas 3 do.

So there now, it's all been said. Now go have fun and run like you aren't a spoiled 9 year old child.

Oh 1 last thing, using the /y command to talk smack, screams "I'm 12 years old and I don't get enough attention at home" And most rank 40's simply add you to ignore list no matter what side you are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Currly View Post
    Oh 1 last thing, using the /y command to talk smack, screams "I'm 12 years old and I don't get enough attention at home" And most rank 40's simply add you to ignore list no matter what side you are on.
    lies
    /10chars

Plane Walker

Okay let's say all this once and be done.

Warfronts:

Know this, until you reach mid 30's in ranking you will be owned, over and over and over again. Don't cry about it just take it and learn.

While leveling find a way to be useful. No, standing back and spamming AE is not useful. AE heals are greater than AE damage. So while at the end you can look like you did something because of inflated damage numbers, reality is you didn't. So go in as support, or heals, or in a build that debuffs targets. Do a little research. OMG yes I just suggest you read something. Each warfront has different needs in builds. Learn your class' strengths and weakness.

And most of all stay together. Be aware of the score and of the kills. If the kill ratio tops 3-1 you are being farmed. No, Trion cannot make every single warfront balanced. Get over it. When you are being farmed, stop running in. Running in alone is worst but running in at all can be rather counter productive. When your opponents stop doing those things that award points and instead camp your spawn point, Allowing time to expire is smartest choice. Why? Because this is done by higher levels to farm KB's (killing blows) that provide greater favor. By allowing them to farm you, you in fact encourage them to continue to que with no other intention than farming you. Or, the more you allow yourself to be a victim the more likely you will be a victim again. Also those players who are geared and capable of helping you will become discouraged to que when people just jump in die, jump in die, etc. So by playing smarter and taking a loss and waiting out the end gives you a greater chance to win next time.

Marking: Only 1 form of marking works to any degree. That is when Raid Warning announces target changes and everyone focuses them down 1 at a time. Why? Well simple, when there are 3 healers and 6 dps focusing on them it can be spread 2 each which in totally ineffective. They may be all marked 1-3 each dps thinking "we can kill this one before re-targeting to one that's probably about to die" Only by singling out opponents 1 at a time can all dps know where it needs to be at that moment.

Marking your own healers is useless. You should always be grouped anyway. Marking all the oppositions healers also waste of time. Anyone can tab to a blue mana bar and find a healer. If some of your team mates cannot do this, well odds are their contribution won't matter anyway.

Typing out instructions in warfront: STOP IT. With a few exceptions it only becomes noob chatter. Those who don't know what to do to win, rarely if ever listen to instructions, and odds are also high they aren't very capable either. Those who are capable, already know what to do, and therefor need no instructions.

The exceptions are: "Our Boss NOW!" "inc dex" "Everyone to their boss via the river" "2 stealth rogues at vault" telling people to pick up stones, defend a position, etc. a huge waste of time. For those who type "boss" is it not apparent there are 2 bosses? What the flip does "boss" mean. Is our boss under attack? Did someone ask where to turn in stones? Are you asking if we are or should be attacking their boss? Also if you aren't level 35+ there is a reason no one else is saying what you think needs to be said. It doesn't need to be said. Find the group and stay together.

Stop hitting warriors being healed. find the healer kill them 1st. Stop standing in the same places doing the same thing and expecting a different out come. Learn the maps, and how to make the most out of your skills to help you and your team compete.

When the score is 800-300 and you're losing. In the name of all that is holy, stop telling people what to do to win. IT"S OVER!!! deal with it.

Explore builds, roles, etc. watch what/who kills you and how. Then see if your class offers anything to counteract that. Live and die and learn from both.

Get your gear. Do your time. Take your lumps. And get your gear.

Go in with a friend. So the two of you may learn and progress together. 2 people do not que as a premade, whereas 3 do.

So there now, it's all been said. Now go have fun and run like you aren't a spoiled 9 year old child.

Great post! Should be a STICKY!

Rift Disciple

They look so stupid when do that, i saw one warrior yelling "YOU A VIRGIN" all time, like if the macro shouts every time he smash the attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEBUGOMGHELP View Post
    They look so stupid when do that, i saw one warrior yelling "YOU A VIRGIN" all time, like if the macro shouts every time he smash the attacks.
    I miss all that. I keep yells on a separate tab to avoid all that crap. It makes wf's much more enjoyable.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread