Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Patch 1.8 on the way and no pvp upgrade

  1. #1
    Soulwalker raziel13epsilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Patch 1.8 on the way and no pvp upgrade

    Its sad to read the new patch notes for 1.8 and see that the only change for us pvp players is the new warfront that is the old with no running abilities. we have been very bored. Im quiting and so are my guild mates.
    Here are the reasons:

    1) Need new pvp armors and weapons.
    2) Need new warfronts
    3) The favor limit that sucks.
    4) the 20 mark of retribution limit that also sucks
    5) Need new specs for the classes.
    You need to Serve in order to Lead !!

  2. #2
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Complain about gear gap, quit because there's no new gear?
    Even free cost too much now

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    The fork has been placed in Rift some time ago with regards to PvP. It's done.

  4. #4
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Man is sucks to be you or your guild. Just messing with you...hope you guys don't leave.

    I would like to see some challenging PvP stuff come down the pike. I have played many PvP games and I am more motivated by the challenge and a real war than by the gear you get. But I understand if the gear is all you have to make PvP interesting....

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Where's the tier 2 PA?!

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel13epsilon View Post
    Its sad to read the new patch notes for 1.8 and see that the only change for us pvp players is the new warfront that is the old with no running abilities. we have been very bored. Im quiting and so are my guild mates.
    Here are the reasons:

    1) Need new pvp armors and weapons.
    2) Need new warfronts
    3) The favor limit that sucks.
    4) the 20 mark of retribution limit that also sucks
    5) Need new specs for the classes.
    Too bad you won't be around for any of it if you quit. Can send a postcard w/ pics though.

    Were going to have this armor forever. Lets quit.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-15-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default how can you say that

    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    The fork has been placed in Rift some time ago with regards to PvP. It's done.
    how can you say the fork has been placed?? they've had so few updates so far and already 3 tiers of pvp gear which take a lot of time playing to reach p40,

    and it seems to me that with the diversity this game has as ole role in pvp
    you can create so many builds its rediculous, the fork has not been placed at all, just give it some time the game has only been out for a year... WoW the original had only 1 type of pvp and that was warfronts and only 1 type of gear then look what happened BC came out and there was Gladiator gear, new BGs and so on

    just give rift some time to develop

  8. #8
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel13epsilon View Post
    Im quiting and so are my guild mates.
    I read. I'm not playing anymore, and I'm taking my toys with me.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    GM_Link was in game Saturday night and said new pvp equipment upgrades were coming soon after 1.8 so I took that to mean in between 1.8 and 1.9

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Kakaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel13epsilon View Post
    Its sad to read the new patch notes for 1.8 and see that the only change for us pvp players is the new warfront that is the old with no running abilities. we have been very bored. Im quiting and so are my guild mates.
    Here are the reasons:

    1) Need new pvp armors and weapons.
    2) Need new warfronts
    3) The favor limit that sucks.
    4) the 20 mark of retribution limit that also sucks
    5) Need new specs for the classes.
    it makes me want to bring a hammer they are not adding arena





  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metora View Post
    how can you say the fork has been placed?? they've had so few updates so far and already 3 tiers of pvp gear which take a lot of time playing to reach p40,

    and it seems to me that with the diversity this game has as ole role in pvp
    you can create so many builds its rediculous, the fork has not been placed at all, just give it some time the game has only been out for a year... WoW the original had only 1 type of pvp and that was warfronts and only 1 type of gear then look what happened BC came out and there was Gladiator gear, new BGs and so on

    just give rift some time to develop
    Agreed.

    People seem to keep forgetting that Rift has only been around for a year.

    In one year's time, Rift has accomplished a lot, way more than any other MMO out there.

    A new WF every patch is just unrealistic. WoW only came out with a new battleground every EXPANSION.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sargonnas_KoA View Post
    GM_Link was in game Saturday night and said new pvp equipment upgrades were coming soon after 1.8 so I took that to mean in between 1.8 and 1.9
    This makes me happy
    ~Quiescent

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Larrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Default well here u go

    Quote Originally Posted by metora View Post
    how can you say the fork has been placed?? they've had so few updates so far and already 3 tiers of pvp gear which take a lot of time playing to reach p40,

    and it seems to me that with the diversity this game has as ole role in pvp
    you can create so many builds its rediculous, the fork has not been placed at all, just give it some time the game has only been out for a year... WoW the original had only 1 type of pvp and that was warfronts and only 1 type of gear then look what happened BC came out and there was Gladiator gear, new BGs and so on

    just give rift some time to develop
    Having been in since beta4 I have yet to see any serious content for pvp, compare all the upgrades for instance hooked junkies, and raiders and then look at what warfronts and pvp recieved....... kinda like meg in family guy, we got Chris's crusts and a picture of trion eating a turkey leg, and some dried orange peels... trion hates warfronts plain and simple I have asked for a warfronts battlegroups listing since prelaunch and have yet to even get a answer go figure...
    these upgrades in weapons only mean raiders will trade up Hk sets for the next tier and still be more effective in warfronts than a fully geared R8
    Last edited by Larrs; 04-09-2012 at 03:25 PM.

    Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    WoW only came out with a new battleground every EXPANSION.
    But WoW was the first MMO.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    But WoW was the first MMO.
    That doesn't counter his statement at all.
    If anything it only adds strength to his argument since Blizzard is a much more successful company and has greater resources than TRION.


    I go back to my theory of gamer population changing.

    I WANT THIS NOW! GIMME!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts