Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Patch 1.8 on the way and no pvp upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Larrs View Post
    I have asked for a warfronts battlegroups listing since prelaunch and have yet to even get a answer go figure...
    these upgrades in weapons only mean raiders will trade up Hk sets for the next tier and still be more effective in warfronts than a fully geared R8
    Huh? Who are you asking for a battlegroups listing? Google will help with that, and isn't there only two now anyway? Sorry I'm confused.

EQ2 has 4 warfront maps, 4, the fourth was only added around a year ago.

Wake up and compare the number of PvP shards to PvE. I'd say if anything, Trion have given PvP folk a bit more than the percentage they make up. We are not special bloody snowflakes.

Yes the maps we have are now old and boring. Maybe they added the latest one too quickly.. I don't know, but I don't think 4 maps is crap, for a year old MMO.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Telaran

Default Aren't they

doing leader boards or something. Isn't that pvp orientated?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekren77381 View Post
    doing leader boards or something. Isn't that pvp orientated?
    None of the leaderboards involve anything skill-related, it's all based around how much time you spend playing.

EG: "Kills" as in total kills (the ones that you get passively by just being in the Warfront) instead of having Killing Blows or KDR.
    ~Quiescent

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    A new WF every patch is just unrealistic.
    True, but on the other hand one WF plus an adaption of the already existing Rift programming is pretty weak, especially when you consider how little PvP content was at launch.

Take SWTOR, hardly a PvP focused game either, yet it not only launched with WZ, but an RvR zone and a FFA area. (and has another WZ on the way)

Same goes for the speed Trion react to things (when it comes to PvP), SWTOR is tidying up its gearing in the imminent patch to completely seperate PvE & PvP gear, yet after over a year Rift's pve/pvp gear is still a total mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    None of the leaderboards involve anything skill-related, it's all based around how much time you spend playing.

EG: "Kills" as in total kills (the ones that you get passively by just being in the Warfront) instead of having Killing Blows or KDR.
    My experiment on the weekend was to see my damage with and without using spam out. I generally don't even cast it ... cause ... nothing gets you killed faster... imo. Yes I got sick of Library.

I am now even more certain that top damage/kb's means jak. (in your average match I'm talking)
    Spam out, while being nothing more, most of the time than pesky, got me much closer to the top of the parse/kb's ... but I hardly think I was more effective using it.

So yeah, I think leader boards are rubbish. I don't really care what they say, it's clear once you're in warfronts who the good players are. I am not one of them, whether I'm on top or not.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post

A new WF every patch is just unrealistic.

Not really. Even if you apply custom player made maps
    you can have nearly 150 maps to choose from every month.

Starcraft 2's most popular custome modes like Hero attack, or desert strike is
    all user made maps.

Company of heores also adapt player made maps oO

Its not that much work considering we pay 15 every month, we deserve it.
    After all they need to add arena ffs
    Last edited by Kakaru; 04-09-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Ack if they do have near gear it better be available for purchase because I'm not in the mood to grind another round or for another faction unless it is a new WF that has some interesting goodies. But as for the PvP weapons and Armour, I don't want to grind anymore. If we have to grind to P50, then forget it.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Ack if they do have near gear it better be available for purchase because I'm not in the mood to grind another round or for another faction unless it is a new WF that has some interesting goodies. But as for the PvP weapons and Armour, I don't want to grind anymore. If we have to grind to P50, then forget it.
    yea reason why i quit wow is they update gear almost every 2-3 month.
    And i just wanna play. like idc new gear or what so ever, i just wanted to play arena,
    and i coudln't play all characters because of up keep cost, and all the grindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Take SWTOR, hardly a PvP focused game either, yet it not only launched with WZ, but an RvR zone and a FFA area. (and has another WZ on the way)
    I know you're trolling because you cited Ilum as viable PvP content.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    True, but on the other hand one WF plus an adaption of the already existing Rift programming is pretty weak, especially when you consider how little PvP content was at launch.

Again...

Up until a few weeks ago some people had huge problems with queue times. Adding more WF's would have only made matters worse. Sure, we could have had 10 more WF's in the last year, but then we're splitting the queue pools up 15 different ways instead of 5, making things perfect for horrendously long queue times for everyone.

They weren't neglecting content, they were prioritizing their efforts. Fixing the queue problems came first, which they've done, then they can start thinking about giving us some more WF's.

Same goes for the speed Trion react to things (when it comes to PvP), SWTOR is tidying up its gearing in the imminent patch to completely seperate PvE & PvP gear, yet after over a year Rift's pve/pvp gear is still a total mess.
    SWTOR is trying to tidy up it's gearing. Whether they're successful or not is yet to be seen. Trion said the same thing when they introduced Valor, which did go a long way to separating PvP and PvE gear. Sure, there's some leakage but they're still tweaking things. This stuff doesn't happen overnight, nor is there a hard and fast set of rules telling them how to do it. This stuff takes time and some trial and error.
    Last edited by Meina; 04-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaru View Post

Its not that much work considering we pay 15 every month, we deserve it.
    After all they need to add arena ffs
    LOL! Then get to coding, junior.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    LOL! Then get to coding, junior.
    why, i already suggested couple of maps like
    sige battle or push cart.

I actually love making my own maps in many games.
    They just dont give us a map creaditor for rift.
    Last edited by Kakaru; 04-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    I know you're trolling because you cited Ilum as viable PvP content.
    I know you're trolling, because the above is irrelvent to the point.

Spaceboots could teach you something. Don't play for the carrot on the stick (gear progression), play for the pvp and what makes it enjoyable.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Again...

Up until a few weeks ago some people had huge problems with queue times. Adding more WF's would have only made matters worse. Sure, we could have had 10 more WF's in the last year, but then we're splitting the queue pools up 15 different ways instead of 5, making things perfect for horrendously long queue times for everyone.

They weren't neglecting content, they were prioritizing their efforts. Fixing the queue problems came first, which they've done, then they can start thinking about giving us some more WF's.
    Excuses, bad excuses, they had long queue times because their PvP playerbase was plummeting (due to lack of PvP content, poor quality PvP, etc) and the fact they yet again failed to account for what would happen in a two faction game when factions were imbalanced (really there are plenty of games to show that two factions are nearly always imbalanced, it should not of come as surprise to "professionals").

"Fixing queues" is just another example of their half arsed approach to PvP, I watched two WF videos on Youtube yesterday, both of them had the player apologising for it being a blowout. If Trion had a clue they would of added even basic balancing to the merc system, really have they ever played a WF ( a real one)? It is not difficult to work out uneven matches are dull (win or lose), yet apparently this needs to be explained to them...

Nor does more content simply mean WF, some of the other PvP content other games have:

- RvR zone
    - FFA zone
    - Siege wars
    - guild vs guild options
    - server vs server options
    - meaningful things to fight for in the open world
    - arena / tournament
    - group duelling system
    - a public dungeon (that drops PvP tokens, consumbles, etc)

Nobody expects them to have all or even most of them, but none, after over a year (comig from a point where they had little PvP content to start with), just one WF and the adaption of Rifts into PvP rifts, is really pathetic, there are even f2p games (real f2p games, not paid games that have gone f2p) that have more PvP content than Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Sure, there's some leakage but they're still tweaking things. This stuff doesn't happen overnight, nor is there a hard and fast set of rules telling them how to do it. This stuff takes time and some trial and error.
    "Overnight", they have had a year to sort it out, not that it should need sorting out it is not a complicated issue, nor one that takes long to solve or much programming, it is just yet another example of incompetence.
    Last edited by Flimble; 04-10-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast