+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Healing is for the Birds

Default Healing is for the Birds

Healing is for the Birds!

You'll be focused the whole match. Also eradicate spammed and you have a NB on your butt the entire match. Rambo will complain, "WTB some heals!" despite the fact you've done 3x as much healing as anyone else in the warfront. Some dom is loading you up constantly with debuffs and mana wrenching.
    If you don't survive focus fire, you're bad. If you don't prevent everyone from dying while being focused fired, you're bad. If you survive focus fire, the undergeared lowbies will come to the forums and cry for nerfs. If you're in a pug and go up against a premade, better switch to DPS if you want to have any impact on the match at all.

What's amazing is that anyone still heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post

You'll be focused the whole match. Also eradicate spammed and you have a NB on your butt the entire match. Rambo will complain, "WTB some heals!" despite the fact you've done 3x as much healing as anyone else in the warfront. Some dom is loading you up constantly with debuffs and mana wrenching.
    If you don't survive focus fire, you're bad. If you don't prevent everyone from dying while being focused fired, you're bad. If you survive focus fire, the undergeared lowbies will come to the forums and cry for nerfs. If you're in a pug and go up against a premade, better switch to DPS if you want to have any impact on the match at all.

Welcome to Rift PvP healing. And all the while many people scream that healing is OP and needs nerfing and clerics are next to impossible to kill. So you're thinking.. wow it could get even more thankless. ;) Good times. I just DPS when people complain... but that's rare. When the opposition is decent enough to focus you more healers working together is necessary and even then it can be rough unless everyone on the ball, especially in that cluster we call the Library. By the way.. I hear people complaining about cross healing, but last night with 4 clerics cross healing we still weren't able to keep each other up. People drop like rocks when there's massive focus pure and simple, that's just the mechanics. Say you have a 8k health pool.. no amount of healing can counter 8k damage coming in at once.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

I spent ONE weekend in the past 6+ months playing ONLY dps (since that's the only way to get half of the whitefall steppes achievements), and the amount of crap I got from people was ridiculous. Even from some "noteworthy" community members. They were like a bunch of babies separated from their bottles. Just made me lol and add a few new entries to my "do not heal" list. It made it easy to tell who the truly good dps were since they'd still wreck face without *****ing about heals.

Turns out that most people that say "WTB heals" aren't actually willing to pay for heals.
    Last edited by victz; 03-15-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

I take it all with a grain of salt. People get emotional in PvP. Heck that's what makes PvP fun ..the ups and downs. I'm not gonna let them wreck my fun. These are the same folks that run off from the respawn while you're buffing and are dead before you get back out there.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Quote Originally Posted by victz View Post
    Turns out that most people that say "WTB heals" aren't actually willing to pay for heals.
    hahah so true.

If that lunkhead warrior decides to los me or run off to solo 10 players... lol good luck buddy

My only complaint is that when tanks and dps should be pushing forward, they start backpeddaling and suddenly I'm standing in front of a whole raid of reds and I'm by myself Regardless, I only chloro on mage (even though it's not "the best" healing class, it beats having nothing).

Don't you know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-15-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Plane Touched

"Is anyone healing?"
    /checks heals.. yep we have the 2 top healers in the WF - but we're getting destroyed
    Now lets talk about what you guys were doing while we kept you alive but none of their team went down.

Rift Master

haha, this is so true! The funny part is everybody still crying for heals but one the other hand when they can't 1vs1 that Cleric in their NB/RS build on the enemy team theygo forum and CRY for nerfs.
    Clerics are faar from OP, i can drain a equal geared cleric dry in just some sec on my Chloro/Dom and totally lock him out from battle.

I feel sorry for healingClerics these days. They have to deal with these people in both warfront and in Riftforums who QQing instead of acually learn to work with their team instead of going Rambo all the time, best thing is to just run with a premade and only heal those guys.

When iam on my cleric or mage for that matter i just Heal those who do any DPS or acually bring something to the team. The rest i just let die and ignore it's the best thing to do instead of running around beeing frustrated all the time, i can now also take some creeds for them getting killed wich also feels good since they are so bad.

If Rift had Arena alot of frustration would disappear and people would enjoy their time more since they now could choose what people they wanted in their team. But also Rifta Arena would bring massive QQ on forums since the undergeared or the less skilled players would see OP all the time when they are up againts a better team with better players.

The QQ will never stop iam afraid, atleast have fun about it and remember... Those people who QQ about clerics need nerf are just bad and no matter what they say, they are still bad...

Because my Rank 7 Cleric in a Healing spec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my Rank 37 Rogue.

In terms of fun, survivability, and overall usefulness.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Because my Rank 7 Cleric in a Healing spec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my Rank 37 Rogue.

In terms of fun, survivability, and overall usefulness.
    I say that is a lie, or you just really really bad...

You forgot to mention the part where you laugh while tanking 3-4 horrible DPS, the ego boost gained from knowing that you were one of the sole reasons your team won, and the compliments you get from players that are just happy to see green numbers on their screen, regardless of understanding how it all affects the match.

Plus, some people just plain enjoy healing others in a video game and would see things like getting focused, getting drained, etc., as a challenge, not a deterrent to the fun factor.

It's kind of like being a celebrity. Everybody expects you to be perfect, some people worship your every move, but you're not gonna go a day without at least one person hating you for having the perceived ability of a god and being so damn human.

Quote Originally Posted by victz View Post
    I spent ONE weekend in the past 6+ months playing ONLY dps (since that's the only way to get half of the whitefall steppes achievements), and the amount of crap I got from people was ridiculous. Even from some "noteworthy" community members. They were like a bunch of babies separated from their bottles. Just made me lol and add a few new entries to my "do not heal" list. It made it easy to tell who the truly good dps were since they'd still wreck face without *****ing about heals.

Let them whine. Every now and then I get frisky and play my cleric so I can be a newb and spam tyranny for an hour. So much rage because I don't heal. Even worse when I say I don't have healing roles on this toon. I even went ahead and renamed my cleric "ultrafailcleric". Funny part is I found a "failcleric" in brocliff but I am the ultrafail. So when people rage about heals to the point of me finding it annoying on my rogue. Ultrafailcleric comes to save the day.

Hate people that tell others what role to play in WFs. I respect heals. I've tried healing specs, I run up behind my group, hit about 3 buttons and I die. Not my gig. But I know healers can be awesome. ^.^
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-15-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Premade guild run, with a mage, a bard, and a warrior...

or just solo Q with a R40 warrior or mage... they allways love a pockethealer... once ur R40 urself.. u wont go down that easy...

^ I gave him all viable tips if it doesn't work out it's a L2P issue /thread

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    Premade guild run, with a mage, a bard, and a warrior...

or just solo Q with a R40 warrior or mage... they allways love a pockethealer... once ur R40 urself.. u wont go down that easy...

^ I gave him all viable tips if it doesn't work out it's a L2P issue /thread
    Hey now. I'm already rank 40 and maybe twice in the last 4 months (after I resubbed) have I not been the top healer in the warfront by a significant margin.

But I do pug 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 03-15-2012 at 10:12 AM.

I love this thread, finally someone speaks out. All I've seen are QQ threads how clerics need to be nerfed and how heals are OP, all Ive seen are nerfs to warden heals since the game launched, the marking system, the rambo's who charge in 10 people and qq they didnt get heals while you're still running from spawn lol. Too funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast