+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Healing is for the Birds

When I'm healing, heals need buffing. If I'm DPS-ing, they need nerfing.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    & if ur maxed favor matters why?
    Because everyone isnt max favor.

If you havent figured out yet, this game is more than about you.

Screwing your team out of favor is rather childish, whether someone deserves it or not.

And you getting mad and saying " no healz 4 u nub!" Is stooping to their low and effecting teammates who arent guilty of childish behavior.

You demand heals, you receive none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post

Screwing your team out of favor is rather childish, whether someone deserves it or not.

And you getting mad and saying " no healz 4 u nub!" Is stooping to their low and effecting teammates who arent guilty of childish behavior.
    throwing a match for my faction is winning
    i've let players die w/o it costing us the game plenty of times

throwing a match for my faction is winning
    i've let players die w/o it costing us the game plenty of times
    And from the sound of it you have done the opposite plenty too.

No way to predict matches so no reason to take any chances.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 03-15-2012 at 07:03 PM.

And from the sound of it you have done the opposite plenty too.

No way to predict matches so no reason to take any chances.
    yeah i confused your post with a merc one about throwin matches cus i don't heal as merc
    but i easily have let players die w/o it costing my team as shown in this clip:

For every warfront healers rack up the most damage taken, the most deaths, the most healing taken and the most aggro from players and the environment. Add to that the constant barrage of nerfs since launch, the constant buffs to dps classes, weapons and healing counters and ya I'm suprised there are still people out there choosing to go healz in warfronts.

People get mad and usually they keep it bottled in a while and after WF loss #40 in a row they let it out.

Just let them vent and move on.
    Well that explain why most QQer do badly in WF.
    But come on, it must be the healer's fault that somehow they can't solo tank 10 dps in full glass cannon build.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

lol, so noble. But seriously, if we're going down this route...

It's really a matter of respect. Yeah, people can vent all they want, but if they're disrespectful and you just give them what they want, that's called enabling. It does nothing to help the situation. Odds are they'll just continue being an ***hole to someone else (please refer to John Gabriel's Greater Internet ****wad Theory). I'm not saying depriving them of heals is going to cause them to change their ways, just that I'm not going to reward that behavior.

Besides, a single, whiny dps is expendable. GOOD players know how to play without heals. And it's not hard to avoid healing one jerk while still tossing a heal every gcd. There's always someone else in need of a heal. It's not going to throw the game.

But hey, different strokes.
    Last edited by victz; 03-15-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by victz View Post
    Besides, a single, whiny dps is expendable. GOOD players know how to play without heals. And it's not hard to avoid healing one jerk while still tossing a heal every gcd. There's always someone else in need of a heal. It's not going to throw the game.

But hey, different strokes.
    Well it is too much work keeping a not to heal list. I play to have fun, not to give myself extra work whom may cause a wf loss. Nothing to do with "noble" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    For every warfront healers rack up the most damage taken, the most deaths, the most healing taken and the most aggro from players and the environment.
    Actually my mage often get most inc heal, most damage taken but not for my cleric.I don't get target most of the time on my healing cleric until the font line is gone.
    Most good Pvp group use focus fire method and it is tactically easier to FF the glass cannon spec warrior/rogue in the font line while getting heal at the same time than charging the healers at the back.
    The most potent thing you can do to cleric is drain their mana, not kill them.
    Lost count of time , I get fully drain and get away alive to drink, ignored by everyone.
    Last edited by Wawer; 03-15-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

there's skill in this game?
    If there is no skill at all, then how come there are bad players? food for thought.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by victz View Post
    GOOD players know how to play without heals.
    This sums up my opinion about healing in general. People get their panties in an absolute knot because there's no healing being thrown around. Well, adapt. All classes can self-heal.

Unless I'm running a premade, or I see a good healer (Hi Victz) who knows who I am at the start of a round, I never expect to get jack squat for any healing.

And honestly, more often than not, the really good healers are also amazing at DPS, and the damage they can output actually outweighs keeping alive 5 really bad DPS.

I guess the moral is: Even though it shouldn't be, healing is a luxury that you should be able to live without. If your spec or playstyle requires excessive group support focused on you, the fault is with you, not the DPS cleric.

That being said, if you're a bad DPS Cleric in a round with only rogues and warriors, and we're losing, just switch to freaking healing. Spamming soothing stream while you're 30 meters away from a person who's 20 meters away from the enemy is not hard.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I guess the moral is: Even though it shouldn't be, healing is a luxury that you should be able to live without. If your spec or playstyle requires excessive group support focused on you, the fault is with you, not the DPS cleric.
    that moral tosses tanking out the window doesn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    If there is no skill at all, then how come there are bad players? food for thought.
    their gear prolly sux
    you might wanna be more specific
    & i never said "no skill at all" on even terms (same gear lvl/etc)
    Last edited by Sykk; 03-15-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Run to cover, use drink. I has Healz.

Also: Cool kids pack Pots.
    Phirus: P80 Cleric @Faeblight
    Retired possibly.

that moral tosses tanking out the window doesn't it
    ..No, no it doesn't.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast