+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Refusal to do Mercenary

Plane Touched

Default Refusal to do Mercenary

Okay so my first encounter with being forced to betray my own faction.

First thing I did? /leave warfront.

No Trion, I'm not going to be a Benedict Arnold. [Edit] Everytime this happens, I'll be posting about it, and dropping WF. Yes I'll get gear slower than everyone else. I don't give a damn. I have pride in my faction
    Something you obviously don't respect. Give me the option to turn it off, and give people who serve their faction exclusively higher favor rewards to comp for it. Those who want to speed que times for faster games and don't want to stick with their actual faction's side like traitors? Let them choose it and give them faster ques, but lower rewards.

I rolled Defiant, not Guardian. Get that through your head.
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-15-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Here we go again...
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Okay so wait...

...you want the option to opt out of the mercenary system AND you want to be rewarded for it?

ehhh...

...is there a safe way to respond to that that won't involve an infraction?

Plane Touched

I'm not kidding.

If I have to post 100x a day, I will, or until they ban my account. And then? I'll cancel it and go back to wow. Game might be lame but at least my faction choice is respected.

I love everything else about this game, a few things annoy me, but this is the one thing to me that is what I'd consider a personal make or break. This game has always been about choices. Not shoving crap down your throat. And that was what made it good and set it apart.

It's called rewarding loyalty to your faction Licentia. Something most players don't seem to get nowadays because they're too busy wanting fast points. I want something to compensate for wanting to assist MY FACTION, to make up for longer times. Best suggestion though I've seen for que time reduction that doesn't involve mercenary? Five man teams. I'd also suggest using the same guide system as the LFG system for dungeons: Role checking. Would work wonders for balancing. They didn't have this mercenary garbage a year ago at launch, and I'm sad that I came back to it. It's the #1 reason I've been avoiding pvp until now. People who turncoat on their faction shouldn't be rewarded esp if they do it for personal gain. There's a term for that: Traitor.
    Last edited by darkzerofury; 03-14-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post

...is there a safe way to respond to that that won't involve an infraction?
    I'm not even going to bother.

Edit: Screw it, I will

@OP
    If anything, you should have some sort of reward detracted because you aren't willing to be a merc.

If you want to be a special snowflake, that's fine, but those of us who are willing to have more patience than you should be the people being rewarded.

People who merc sacrifice our immersion to shorten queue times and make it better for the whole of the PvP community. If you aren't willing to participate in that, you don't deserve bonus favor.

I have nothing against an opt-out, but it should come with some sort of punishment.
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    ~Quiescent

[Edit]

Welp, while you RP I'll be reddin and deaddin. I don't even look at names so I personally couldn't gaf who I smash or heal

:shrugs:

Cuzpvp.
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-15-2012 at 06:06 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'm not even going to bother.

Edit: Screw it, I will

@OP
    If anything, you should have some sort of reward detracted because you aren't willing to be a merc.

If you want to be a special snowflake, that's fine, but those of us who are willing to have more patience than you should be the people being rewarded.

People who merc sacrifice our immersion to shorten queue times and make it better for the whole of the PvP community. If you aren't willing to participate in that, you don't deserve bonus favor.
    I HAVE TO SAY SIR. that was really well put. (basically the GUDS deal with the merc system so we ALL benefit and the BADS /leave wf) that's what i would have said. but i like yours better.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Plane Touched

I'm not even going to bother replying to Zaros... nothing in that sentence sounded like anything beyond "I don't care about my faction, just about getting my favor faster" while attempting to look like a martyr.

"Good of the pvp community" means that you setup groups and work together to pvp effectively on your server. Not switch sides.

Anyway, logging for the night onto a diff game for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by darkzerofury View Post
    I'm not even going to bother replying to Zaros... nothing in that sentence sounded like anything beyond "I don't care about my faction, just about getting my favor faster" while attempting to look like a martyr.
    The thing is, anyone who merc queues is a martyr. We're willing to put up with the crap you can't put up with, so why should you be rewarded for being less tolerant?
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-14-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    ~Quiescent

How refreshing. A thread, on the real life traumas, of being a merc.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Ascendant

I'm not kidding.

If I have to post 100x a day, I will, or until they ban my account. And then? I'll cancel it and go back to wow. Game might be lame but at least my faction choice is respected.

I love everything else about this game, a few things annoy me, but this is the one thing to me that is what I'd consider a personal make or break. This game has always been about choices. Not shoving crap down your throat. And that was what made it good and set it apart.

It's called rewarding loyalty to your faction Licentia. Something most players don't seem to get nowadays because they're too busy wanting fast points. I want something to compensate for wanting to assist MY FACTION, to make up for longer times. Best suggestion though I've seen for que time reduction that doesn't involve mercenary? Five man teams. I'd also suggest using the same guide system as the LFG system for dungeons: Role checking. Would work wonders for balancing. They didn't have this mercenary garbage a year ago at launch, and I'm sad that I came back to it. It's the #1 reason I've been avoiding pvp until now. People who turncoat on their faction shouldn't be rewarded esp if they do it for personal gain. There's a term for that: Traitor.
    Hey, you can RP your way to a morality dissertation all you want. I'm not here for a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the International University of Lulz. I just log in to play the game. In half the matches I play, I'd just as happily flip factions on the spot and butcher my own team for the rampant stupidity that leaves me with the same warfront daily in my journal for three days running.

You can try the moral high ground on this, but morality isn't even a component of it. I didn't choose a faction based on "loyalty", I chose a faction because the game required that I choose a faction. Nothing more, nothing less. Save your morality for something that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    How refreshing. A thread, on the real life traumas, of being a merc.

I imagine these people distraught irl.
    Singing sad songs and what not.

Take!
    These broken wings!
    And learn to fly again
    Learn to live so free

Sword of Telara

Mercenary or not I just want to kill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    If anything, you should have some sort of reward detracted because you are a merc.

People who merc sacrifice everyone's immersion to shorten queue times (Defiant only) and make it better for themself. If you are willing to participate in that, you don't deserve favor.

I have nothing against an opt-in, but it should come with some sort of punishment.
    Weird...it still looks good. It's almost like this isn't all that black and white.
    Even free cost too much now

Okay so my first encounter with being forced to betray my own faction.

First thing I did? /leave warfront.

No Trion, I'm not going to be a Benedict Arnold. [Edit] Everytime this happens, I'll be posting about it, and dropping WF. Yes I'll get gear slower than everyone else. I don't give a damn. I have pride in my faction
    Something you obviously don't respect. Give me the option to turn it off, and give people who serve their faction exclusively higher favor rewards to comp for it. Those who want to speed que times for faster games and don't want to stick with their actual faction's side like traitors? Let them choose it and give them faster ques, but lower rewards.

I rolled Defiant, not Guardian. Get that through your head.
    You have the option to leave warfront. That is your option. Continue to use it.
    Why you couldn't of added your rant to one of the other dozen or so merc threads is beyond me.

Meina came up with a great idea, that covered most bases, for opting out of mercing. Find that thread and respond to it.

Starting your thread by being insulting, when asking for something to be taken seriously, isn't my idea of making a constructive request.
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-15-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast