+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Zaros
  • 1 Post By Am0n

Thread: 1.8 News, Rumors, Thoughts?

  1. #1
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default 1.8 News, Rumors, Thoughts?

    Been out of the loop for a while, haven't even updated my Rift client for about a month now. Any goodies coming out? Or anything heard through the bushes that could intrigue a PvPer?
    "You lost me at Balance"

  2. #2
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Leaderboard.
    See you all in Wildstar!

  3. #3
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Leaderboard.
    Have they said anything at all on how they are implementing them?
    "You lost me at Balance"

  4. #4
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Flying mounts
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Greenmantle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    [EDIT]
    Yup it was Robes idea but the trade off is they have wings but no legs ;)
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 03-14-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Removed quote that was removed

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Parfaite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    I heard Artiste is coming back, and more beautiful than ever.
    Not 100% sure though.

    Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

  7. #7
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Yep, Bards and Chloromancers are now just as competent as Clerics.
    Warrior DPS has achieved the nirvana of balanced between overpowered melee and underpowered Q-tip.
    Rogue runners are now just like every other class.
    We've got 6 new Warfronts, and every single one is original and not a copy of something WoW already did.
    We have arena, and it's backbone is centered with the very active and accepting PvP community supporting it.
    Queue times have been shortened to nearly instant by merging the battlegroups.
    We now have a premade Vs. premade queue to allow for more competitive PvP.
    We've added open world RvR objectives to encourage fun and interesting play outside of Warfronts.
    A vast array of new PvP wardrobe items are being released to give you an effective favor dump. This time they won't be carbon copies of old things no one wants to buy, either.


    LOL JK
    But we're still better than Swtor.
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-14-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    ~Quiescent

  8. #8
    Ascendant Soul sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Can't wait for them flying mounts
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

  9. #9
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Yep, Bards and Chloromancers are now just as competent as Clerics.
    Warrior DPS has achieved the nirvana of balanced between overpowered melee and underpowered Q-tip.
    Rogue runners are now just like every other class.
    We've got 6 new Warfronts, and every single one is original and not a copy of something WoW already did.
    We have arena, and it's backbone is centered with the very active and accepting PvP community supporting it.
    Queue times have been shortened to nearly instant by merging the battlegroups.
    We now have a premade Vs. premade queue to allow for more competitive PvP.
    We've added open world RvR objectives to encourage fun and interesting play outside of Warfronts.
    A vast array of new PvP wardrobe items are being released to give you an effective favor dump. This time they won't be carbon copies of old things no one wants to buy, either.


    LOL JK
    But we're still better than Swtor.
    Sold, updating my client now. Maybe. o.O
    "You lost me at Balance"

  10. #10
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Can't wait for them flying mounts
    You know, Rift was my first MMO, and when I got into a Warfront I was baffled there was no mounted combat.
    ~Quiescent

  11. #11
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmantle View Post
    [EDIT]
    Yup it was Robes idea but the trade off is they have wings but no legs ;)
    You're just being silly Green. Why would a flying cupcake mount have legs anyway?


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  12. #12
    Ascendant Soul sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You know, Rift was my first MMO, and when I got into a Warfront I was baffled there was no mounted combat.
    Yeah, WHERE IS THE MOUNTED JOUSTING FIGHTS TRION??!!1
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

  13. #13
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Yeah, WHERE IS THE MOUNTED JOUSTING FIGHTS TRION??!!1
    INFINITELY PLUS 1!!
    encaps
    ~Quiescent

  14. #14
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    INFINITELY PLUS 1!!
    encaps
    I think I am coming back though. I want to at least make a vid of 33 sin 33 nb, and 34 sin 32 bard before I officially retire. Gonna gank my little brothers turtle beach next time I visit my mom. Probably tomorrow my brother will be in from Afghan and they want to get their drink on =D.

    Now if I can only get one of those cupcakes for ninja air strikes!
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts