+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Appendy
  • 1 Post By Raeanne
  • 1 Post By Credo
  • 1 Post By Credo

Thread: Mercs should never have lead or ability to mark....

Telaran

Default Mercs should never have lead or ability to mark....

Been in a wf where a merc was lead and refused to mark, promote or give up lead.

Basically they just bummed around enough not to get auto kicked. Have come across these type of ppl quite a bit.

We lost by a small margin... marking would have made it a cakewalk for us.

Been seeing a lot of this lately, funny thing is these type would be the 1st to complain about 1 hour queues etc.

In an earlier one I wondered why no one was at the dex... well half the team were just running around in no mans land with each other deciding they didn't want to participate.

Champion of Telara

I've queued as a merc and ported in with lead.

I gotta agree its a pretty ridiculous concept but i just off-loaded it to the first guard that dropped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
    Been in a wf where a merc was lead and refused to mark, promote or give up lead.
    You think only mercs do that? LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I agree with this. On top of that, I would also love to see an option added to where you can disable the ability to be made into a Merc when going into warfronts. Personally, I hate the Merc idea in general..I play guardian and if I wanted to play a defiant, I'd make one. don't force me to play on the defiant side if i don't want to.

Meow?
    Raeanne Co-Leader of Lunar Nights - Gnarlwood
    lunarnights.enjin.com

Plane Walker

I agree on this one too.
    Even though I don't get the mentality that you're deliberately going to lose a WF (I just want to win. period.), a guard should always be leader on the guard side.
    Hell we had a premade of 5 players yesterday (defiant) - we went into a warfront and were the only 5 on the GUARD team. As soon as an actual Guard turned up later on, the lead should be switched to them.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 03-14-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Staying neutral on the whole merc thing, this proposition has some sense. I been in 2 wfs now where a merc has intentionally changed marking from healer to warriors and from our healers to some random low rank dps. clear sabotage

Soulwalker

Default Disagree

I like to pvp and to warfront my newest character i rolled is a Defiant Rogue.

When leveling i did lots of PVP i hit 50 with 170k favor banked. i generally ask for lead no matter which side i am on to mark healers. and have found many times that instead of lead i get assist which is fine but when everyone is given assist i actually remove theirs. more often then not if you start to lose you will have a player moving marks. which is counter productive.

after all, i dont have a choice to be merc... but i would rather wiin so better me have lead... and lead then some idiot who marks a warrior #1 (which i have had) . otherwise i am forced to play with a team that is inept and denied lead soley on the fact that i play on the side that is currently winning and if shouldnt be there? fine dont put me there!

Naielo

Quote Originally Posted by Naielo View Post
    I like to pvp and to warfront my newest character i rolled is a Defiant Rogue.

When leveling i did lots of PVP i hit 50 with 170k favor banked. i generally ask for lead no matter which side i am on to mark healers. and have found many times that instead of lead i get assist which is fine but when everyone is given assist i actually remove theirs. more often then not if you start to lose you will have a player moving marks. which is counter productive.

after all, i dont have a choice to be merc... but i would rather wiin so better me have lead... and lead then some idiot who marks a warrior #1 (which i have had) . otherwise i am forced to play with a team that is inept and denied lead soley on the fact that i play on the side that is currently winning and if shouldnt be there? fine dont put me there!

Naielo
    U have a point there 2. that is why u never give assist to all, only a few names that u recognise or remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Naielo View Post
    after all, i dont have a choice to be merc... but i would rather wiin so better me have lead...
    Basically this. If someone is going to sabotage your match, they'd probably do that to their own team as well. Little trolololls. I see it often, long before the mercenary thing. For example, one person spammed ready checks the whole match and we couldn't do anything about it.

Basically they just bummed around enough not to get auto kicked. Have come across these type of ppl quite a bit.

Been seeing a lot of this lately, funny thing is these type would be the 1st to complain about 1 hour queues etc.

In an earlier one I wondered why no one was at the dex... well half the team were just running around in no mans land with each other deciding they didn't want to participate.
    1st off lol

who had 1 hr queues before this? not me
    merc wastes my time now, it hasn't improved anything for some of us

if soul recall's up i port out, if not sabotage>a 15 min debuff
    i'm not here to gear defiants, i'm maxed, i'll take a loss anytime

I like when I get the ability to mark as a merc. I spend the entire match using up the marks on the Defiant raid. Mark a healer? I think this Rank 10 Rogue should be marked 1 instead.
    Even free cost too much now

Telaran

I assure you its not everyone. When i get merc'd to the guards i do my best to win. If im lead i pass assist. However i have seen guard leads not pass nor respond to me insulting them repeatedly. Like i said its not everyone, i play to win.

Quote Originally Posted by madroxz View Post
    nor respond to me insulting them repeatedly
    gee, can't imagine why

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    gee, can't imagine why
    If they didn't answer to hey so and so can you pls pass assist or mark healers, over and over, whats left to do?

Quote Originally Posted by madroxz View Post
    If they didn't answer to hey so and so can you pls pass assist or mark healers, over and over, whats left to do?
    Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee!
    Even free cost too much now

+ Reply to Thread