+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The pvp promise that was not kept

Rift Disciple

Default The pvp promise that was not kept

First, read this link on an interview with Scott, before the Rift official launch on 1st March 2011

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/R.../Item2964.aspx

Quote from Scott:

Back on the PvP side, we also have one, high end warfront which is our instance PvP. It’s reserved for max level players; it is the Battle for Port Scion, which is really kind of cool. We will have new types of dynamic content events that will take place in the world as well; we are going to be showing off one of the samples of the new-types which is Ancient War-stone combat which is like a PvP / land control / takeover game. This also takes place in the shared world and it will also exist at the high-end. We have spent a lot of time making sure that there is sufficient “stuff” to do once you get to the max level because for a lot of us, myself included, we love the journey, the journey is half of the fun, but the other half had better be there too.

Ok, so where exactly is the end game pvp land control and 'takeover game' now ?
    Last edited by Walsingham; 03-15-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Advertising

You're telling me an mmo company said a game would have x feature before it launched and after it did, it wasn't there?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dakarnum View Post
    First, read this link on an interview with Scott, before the Rift official launch on 1st March 2011

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/R.../Item2964.aspx

Quote from Scott:

Back on the PvP side, we also have one, high end warfront which is our instance PvP. It’s reserved for max level players; it is the Battle for Port Scion, which is really kind of cool. We will have new types of dynamic content events that will take place in the world as well; we are going to be showing off one of the samples of the new-types which is Ancient War-stone combat which is like a PvP / land control / takeover game. This also takes place in the shared world and it will also exist at the high-end. We have spent a lot of time making sure that there is sufficient “stuff” to do once you get to the max level because for a lot of us, myself included, we love the journey, the journey is half of the fun, but the other half had better be there too.

It will be hard to justify not pre-ordering GW2 now that it will be available on April 10th. Be prepared to see Rift's subscriptions suffer for failing to keep your promise to the pvp player base!
    The Ancient Wardstone system was in the game at launch. It wasn't very popular, so it was taken out.

It wasn't a "promise that wasn't kept". It was a "feature nobody used."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    You're telling me an mmo company said a game would have x feature before it launched and after it did, it wasn't there?
    NO WAY!! that would never happen.

He said, create stuff to do at max level. I'm pretty sure once you hit 50 you have a lot of work a head of you if you want to make your toon the pimpest you can pvp wise.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Let me repeat my question again:

If wardstone is taken out because it is not popular, and so? Does it mean Trion thinks that the promise has been kept?

Ascendant

Let me repeat my question again:

If wardstone is taken out because it is not popular, and so? Does it mean Trion thinks that the promise has been kept?
    It means that they promised a feature, they delivered that feature, and the feature went unused so they took it out. We already know they've got stuff in the works with persistent objectives that "matter". Why do you need to stir up negativity?

Rift Disciple

Where exactly did Trion 'promised' to give pvp that matters?

In the GDC Rift interview for patch 1.7 and 1.8, nothing about pvp was mentioned

I am giving a very valid point and want Trion to keep their promise.

Ascendant

Where exactly did Trion 'promised' to give pvp that matters?

In the GDC Rift interview for patch 1.7 and 1.8, nothing about pvp was mentioned

I am giving a very valid point and want Trion to keep their promise.
    Read the front page of the PvP forums here. GDC interviews aren't the only interviews Trion has done in the last couple of weeks. It's been touched on several times.

You're not giving a valid point, you're giving an ignorant opinion. Knowledge is the cure for ignorance, so inform thyself.

Edit: I forgot the forums have been flooded by people complaining about gear and geared characters. You might have to extend your search for knowledge to page 2.

Edit2: You posted in the thread I'm referring to, so you can't even legitimately claim ignorance. You're just bitter.
    Last edited by Licentia; 03-13-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Rift Disciple

I have seen that video where someone mentioned pvp beyond 2 factions and giving meaningful pvp. So that's the one you're hoping will come true???

If Scott himself said 'land control and takeovers' as pvp end game, but instead gave us the pathetic wardstones, what do you expect will be given to us this time, considering it was not even mentioned by Scott, and considering no pvp was mentioned in the GDC interview?

Ascendant

I have seen that video where someone mentioned pvp beyond 2 factions and giving meaningful pvp. So that's the one you're hoping will come true???

If Scott himself said 'land control and takeovers' as pvp end game, but instead gave us the pathetic wardstones, what do you expect will be given to us this time, considering it was not even mentioned by Scott, and considering no pvp was mentioned in the GDC interview?
    I don't care what they give to us. The point is you came here starting a thread saying they didn't keep their promise. They did. I was correcting you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I don't care what they give to us. The point is you came here starting a thread saying they didn't keep their promise. They did. I was correcting you.
    This is exactly the wrong statement to make.

Keeping a promise doesn't mean you can just give the recipient a crappy solution. Not only was the design of the solution crappy, in fact, it was removed and never replaced with a proper one.

My question remains unanswered, so where is this 'land control and takeover' endgame promised to us?

Ascendant

This is exactly the wrong statement to make.

Keeping a promise doesn't mean you can just give the recipient a crappy solution. Not only was the design of the solution crappy, in fact, it was removed and never replaced with a proper one.

My question remains unanswered, so where is this 'land control and takeover' endgame promised to us?
    They didn't promise you would like what they provided. They promised it would be there. It was.

They didn't promise that they would leave it in if it proved unpopular. They took it out. They broke no promise in doing so.

They've told us they have something new in the works. Where is it?

In the works.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

Rift Disciple

Previously it was disappointing to see how Trion is treating pvp end game.

[edit]

So you can keep on defending Trion's actions, but the fact remains the same, which is, the pvp endgame for Rift is a very disappointing one
    Last edited by Augureze; 03-15-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Advertising

Ascendant

Previously it was disappointing to see how Trion is treating pvp end game.

[EDIT]

So you can keep on defending Trion's actions, but the fact remains the same, which is, the pvp endgame for Rift is a very disappointing one
    So in other words, this thread wasn't about an unkept promise, it was about you unhappy with the state of PvP and coming up with lame reasons to try to make Trion look bad in order to rationalize your disappointment.

Enjoy GW2.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 03-15-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Referencing Deleted Quote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast