+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Does it get better?

Soulwalker

Default Does it get better?

Hi,

Simple question really. I understand low level PvP is not representative of end-game PvP balance in most games. With that in mind - does it get better at higher levels?

I'm a new player and right now I'm in the 30-39 bracket and just getting destroyed left and right. Warriors and Rogues are hitting me for twice the damage I'm doing in return. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, or is low level PvP really just this bad?

Cheers,

Emone.
    Last edited by Aurlon; 03-13-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Short answer, no.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Short answer, yes.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Short answer, maybe.
    Last edited by Robes; 03-13-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Short answer, maybe

Because no one else is helping much, let me assist...

Low level PvP used to be pretty good, but now there are twinks (Players that have stopped gaining experience and have acquired the best possible gear in their PvP bracket.) These are the people who are hitting you so hard, most likely.

This is actually VERY representative of higher level PvP in that when you hit 50 you will fight people who have very high Valor levels letting them negate well in excess of half of your damage.

UNLIKE lower level pvp, though, if you're patient and just keep going... Eventually YOU get the awesome gear and start killing everything.

Just be patient and keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Short answer, maybe.
    Best answer, really depends on your class as some classes are much better than others.
    Level 50 Mage - Naritta@Icewatch.
    Level 50 Rogue - Naritta@Bloodiron.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    Because no one else is helping much, let me assist...

Low level PvP used to be pretty good, but now there are twinks (Players that have stopped gaining experience and have acquired the best possible gear in their PvP bracket.) These are the people who are hitting you so hard, most likely.

This is actually VERY representative of higher level PvP in that when you hit 50 you will fight people who have very high Valor levels letting them negate well in excess of half of your damage.

UNLIKE lower level pvp, though, if you're patient and just keep going... Eventually YOU get the awesome gear and start killing everything.

Just be patient and keep going.
    Thanks. I suspected as much, just gets a little disheartening after getting flattened for the 10th time in a row without laying a scratch on my target.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Best answer, really depends on your class as some classes are much better than others.
    I spent most of my time PvPing as mainly a Druid soul, but from reading a few other forums it seems that was my first mistake.

I'm trying Shaman now but it feels like the same without a pet so far.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

The answer is sort of yes.

Once you hit 50 the treadmill to really gear out your guy begins and it can be a frustrating experience getting your butt kicked so much on the way to rank 40. These days I would say I win about 6 of every 10 games I play, but there are times when I have lost everything, all day long too. Then how good you do depends on what bracket you are in. When you are ported into a warfront and it says MATCHED WARFRONT LEVELS 15-30, and you are rank 30 you will do great, but when you are matched into a warfront full of fully geared out rank 40's it can be very painful. Some days are good and others really make you want to go jump out of a window. Theres not really any consistency. My biggest frustration since the last patch is that every class literally plays almost the same thing in warfronts now as the viable options for pvp have narrowed.

I joined scion(today or yesterday?) and every single nabster out there tried to rush boss, wtf.
    Short answer: pvp is nono, wait for hello kitty online update, they will bring in some hard counters to kittytanks and pvp will be cool once again.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aurlon View Post
    I spent most of my time PvPing as mainly a Druid soul, but from reading a few other forums it seems that was my first mistake.

I'm trying Shaman now but it feels like the same without a pet so far.
    I would highly advise against cleric melee dps for PvP. If you really want to melee, roll a different class.

Ascendant

PvP gets better when you get geared. Some people resent a system where gear has a heavy influence in outcomes, others just get geared and compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    I joined scion(today or yesterday?) and every single nabster out there tried to rush boss, wtf.
    Short answer: pvp is nono, wait for hello kitty online update, they will bring in some hard counters to kittytanks and pvp will be cool once again.
    I'll just wait for the STALKER MMO.

And by wait, I mean play both Rift and STALKER at the same time via the glorious power of dual monitor.

You must be that guy am I correct?
    Last edited by Skyfoxy; 03-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast