+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Does it get better?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    You must be that guy am I correct?
    No, but I HAVE spoken with that guy before.

Oh /k/... It's a magical place...

Yes, it does. 10-49 PvP is not indicative of the level 50 pvp experience. It used to be, before Twinks were introduced, but that has changed it drastically. Not low level pvp is just something you suffer through to get to the good stuff.

Even being a fresh 50 fighting r40s isn't as bad as that.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

I haven't met him in person but I think he is cool.

what is /k/ btw?
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Soulwalker

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to try another class and get a different perspective and then just stick it out and blitz my way to 50 without touching the lower level PvP if I can help it.

Cheers,

Emone

Quote Originally Posted by Aurlon View Post
    Hi,

Simple question really. I understand low level PvP is not representative of end-game PvP balance in most games. With that in mind - does it get better at higher levels?

I'm a new player and right now I'm in the 30-39 bracket and just getting destroyed left and right. Warriors and Rogues are hitting me for twice the damage I'm doing in return. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, or is low level PvP really just this bad?

Cheers,

Emone.
    It gets better once you get fixated at a certain level and begin putting in work to the toon. It kind of resets itself over and over though if you pvp up to 50, with 50 being the final 'reset' to where you can start making progression that won't get 'reset' so quickly.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to try another class and get a different perspective and then just stick it out and blitz my way to 50 without touching the lower level PvP if I can help it.
    I'd recommend you try to save at least 50k favour *before* you hit 50, so that you can buy a few basic PvP epics. The first week of 50-in-greens is about has horrible as being squashed by twinks. Once you have four pieces or so you can start to compete. A bit.

The differentials are all way too high.
    A bit of really easy-to-get gear makes 10-49 Warfronts much better.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Best answer, really depends on your class as some classes are much better than others.
    You know, I honestly see each of the 4 classes as having some great builds. NOT all builds are created equal though, nor is the player skill.

Rogue: Good Sin, NB, MM all good souls to start with and there are a few builds that work for each. Stick clear of BD, Ranger, Sabo.... they kind of suck in pvp.

Warrior: Good VK, various other SnB. They can be tide turners if played by competent players, and hard as hell to kill.

Clerics: Lots of the bastards. Anything Justicar is hard to kill, Inquisitor can about one shot someone if build right. And Wardens can take a team to take them down.

Mages: Pyro. Pyro is the flavor of 1.7. Pyro/Dom, Pyro/cloro, pyro/meh. Bad ones are bad, good ones are godly.

IMO a good player will do well with any of the 4 classes right now.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Simple question really. I understand low level PvP is not representative of end-game PvP balance in most games. With that in mind - does it get better at higher levels?
    no
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmos View Post
    Even being a fresh 50 fighting r40s isn't as bad as that.
    I can't imagine how you came to this conclusion.

From time to time I one-shot fresh 50's...poor souls who haven't even gotten a set of Valor gear yet.

It's not even fun.

Just last night, in fact...a fresh 50 came at me..who HAD to know I was R40 because I had blown him up a couple times, already.

I had to respect that and decided to use Cinder Burst...with full casting time.

One shotted.

I never had to heal myself or anything.

It must completely suck to be a fresh 50 now.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2