+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [Fun] NOT! Fix the Warfronts

Soulwalker

Default [Fun] NOT! Fix the Warfronts

Seriously, can't be true. I'm just in PvP and wanted some fun now, and just started being p2. I always get opponents p20-40, and I think Trion can't be serious about that. As well, none of our guys were higher than p7.

Seriously, is that normal? I'm PvE player who thought let's try some PvP, but getting that outgeared PvP opponents ruins PvP, and makes it simply no fun and me unable to play PvP at all. Trion will loose a lot of customers who enjoy PvP by that idiotic thing.

What did Trion think by doing this? Or do they even think about PvP at all? This seriously needs fixing, hitting 4 times in a row a fixed group outgearing us that much isn't any fun at all.

Welcome to Rift PvP, enjoy your stay!

Plane Walker

Level ur character up like everyone else did. Why does so many people in this game want everyone to always be on the same level without them actually doing anything to get there. Quick and easy. I bet some of you that need to lose weight will be the same people that buy magic pills hoping again its just fast and easy without any effort at all.

Seriously.. don't pvp then.
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 03-13-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Language

In the time it took you to make this thread, you could've been P3
    ~Quiescent

I doubt they could make it any easier than it is now, to rank up and get gear.

If you don't enjoy warfronts, don't queue for them. Simple.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Level ur *** up like everyone else did. Why does so many people in this game want everyone to always be on the same level without them actually doing anything to get there. Quick and easy..
    He wasn't complaining about putting effort in, he was complaining about being placed into the same matches as people much, much higher ranked and the teams being grossly imbalanced. Levelling doesn't solve that, my r40 still gets put in with people under r20 which is boring unless you are mentally defective and most matches even ranked ones r25-r40 are imbalanced.

He simply appreciates what makes good PvP, even if you can't grasp it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    He wasn't complaining about putting effort in, he was complaining about being placed into the same matches as people much, much higher ranked and the teams being grossly imbalanced. Levelling doesn't solve that, my r40 still gets put in with people under r20 which is boring unless you are mentally defective and most matches even ranked ones r25-r40 are imbalanced.

He simply appreciates what makes good PvP, even if you can't grasp it.
    Yeah. We should have a matched warfronts for every rank, 1-40. The queues would probably be over an hour long, but hey, they'd be more balanced.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Yeah. We should have a matched warfronts for every rank, 1-40. The queues would probably be over an hour long, but hey, they'd be more balanced.
    Yes because near instant queues with terrible matching or matched WF for each rank with hour long queues are the only two options.

Quote Originally Posted by STiAT View Post
    Seriously, can't be true. I'm just in PvP and wanted some fun now, and just started being p2. I always get opponents p20-40, and I think Trion can't be serious about that. As well, none of our guys were higher than p7.
    Really? Always? And not one person in your group were above R7? To quote you "Seriously, can't be true".
    And how did you know what rank the other players were btw?

I do realise that you can get thrown into so called 'matched 20-40 warfronts' at lower levels, but every match?
    You either have extremely bad luck or you're grossly exaggerating.

Trion don't pretend that every match is MATCHED. What we do get is fast queue times.
    For the 5-20 minutes you're in an unmatched warfront, just do your best.

Gearing up for PvP is basically the same as gearing up for a raid. No one expects to walk into HK as a fresh 50 and roflstomp everything. Quite the opposite. It's the same with PvP.

The difference with getting PvP gear, though, is that the gear grind mostly consists of getting omgdemolished by everyone under the sun until you are geared up. But it's the only way to make sure that some HK geared raider who has never PvPed in their life can't come in and just demolish people who have been PvPing since release. Otherwise, it would only be fair that PvPers who have never raided once be allowed to walk right into HK and be top geared for that.

Sadly, there is no good way of going about this... so you see what we have.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Plane Walker

Sir, the game has much more serious PvP issues to deal with than Instance based PvP. This is probably last on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Level ur character up like everyone else did. Why does so many people in this game want everyone to always be on the same level without them actually doing anything to get there. Quick and easy. I bet some of you that need to lose weight will be the same people that buy magic pills hoping again its just fast and easy without any effort at all.

Seriously.. don't pvp then
    This this this this this. You guys get bolstered stats, favor bonus (currently with world event), valor, etc etc... They didn't have matched or even semi-matched warfronts when I leveled up hill in the snow both ways. I got 2-shotted until about rank 5 but try to find a thread I opened on the forum complaining about it. No, I did my dailies and pvp rifts and then just ran back into the WF and tried to modify my pvp builds to be more supportive until I was able to hold my own.

BOOTSTRAPS. Pull em up!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    This this this this this. You guys get bolstered stats, favor bonus (currently with world event), valor, etc etc... They didn't have matched or even semi-matched warfronts when I leveled up hill in the snow both ways. I got 2-shotted until about rank 5 but try to find a thread I opened on the forum complaining about it. No, I did my dailies and pvp rifts and then just ran back into the WF and tried to modify my pvp builds to be more supportive until I was able to hold my own.

BOOTSTRAPS. Pull em up!
    Zing!

I know right?

If ya people want to stop getting ***** spend more time gaining prestige and less time killing mobs in a dungeon. **** I was opening PvP rifts solo when I first hit 50 just to try to get any little extra unseen rep as possible.. Did I get killed by A** rap*d by guardians ? You betcha.

Soulwalker

PvP is horrible in this game, that's why I have 6 days left on my subscription.

It's usually unfair WFs where the other team has more higher ranks or the super awesome world PvP where it's usually bots running around.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Baccano View Post
    PvP is horrible in this game, that's why I have 6 days left on my subscription.

It's usually unfair WFs where the other team has more higher ranks or the super awesome world PvP where it's usually bots running around.
    The game is bad with PvP. But not because you high ranks in a WF, I too leveled up in rank and I didn't get WTF STOMPED every match, I picked my targets that had lower health, an did fine.. Sure a 40 could steamroll back than, but thats part of the game.

/agreed - open world does have more farming bots than people pvping. I like the bots though, fast way to get kills if the daily zone is dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast