+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheKomissar
  • 1 Post By rednek

Thread: Issues with PVP

Ascendant

Default Issues with PVP

Generally speaking healer survivability is fine given the fact good teams will always debuff and focus fire the healer. Also, a good team should coordinate burst with cc. My issues with pvp at a high level are:

1). Ranged dps from rogues and mages is way to high. It is to easy for a ranged class to focus fire a person because movement is not an issue when damage is applied at 30 meters. A nerf of about 20 - 30%.

2). Melee survivability needs a slight increase.

3). Aoe damage from ranged classes needs a sizable nerf.

That is just a start. Fix these items and maybe world pvp will become somewhat more viable.

Listen to this man, he has done some extensive testing and calculating and has come to this conclusion. All pvp will stop existing unless u take action and and follow the 3 carefully designed steps he posted here... then pvp can start again. Until then all your souls are belong to us.

Seems legit.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Generally speaking healer survivability is fine given the fact good teams will always debuff and focus fire the healer. Also, a good team should coordinate burst with cc. My issues with pvp at a high level are:

1). Ranged dps from rogues and mages is way to high. It is to easy for a ranged class to focus fire a person because movement is not an issue when damage is applied at 30 meters. A nerf of about 20 - 30%.

That is just a start. Fix these items and maybe world pvp will become somewhat more viable.

Nah, just nerf the range of rogues, and if they stun you they have 2 seconds to dmg you or stun breaks. While i'm at it put a 30 second cool down on their stuns.

Or if they stun you it should break stealth.

PvP is fine the way it is, i see it improving each time they hot fix it. No complaints here other then rogues have to many annoyances to use as tools =)

Nerf viod bolt
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

20 meters may as well be melee range in Rift. You're fine.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

I knew it.. rogues are killing world pvp. we just cant have nice things..
    Redneckx R8 (Warrior): Minimal threat, 500 or lower dps on dummies
    <Banished>

As a warrior, I feel that I am fully qualified to say... No. Not really. Mage and rogue range dps really isn't all that spectacular. It could maybe even use a buff.

Maybe this was true back in 1.6, but it certainly isn't now. NB/RS rogues are pretty tanky, Assassin rogues can easily Slip Away if things get too tough (and with Cleanse Soul you can get rid of debuffs that'd knock you out of it) and warrior survivability was the most effected with the valor increases in a positive way. It's nearly impossible to burst my warrior down in a timely manner with fewer than 3 people unless they all severely outgear me, and if I go 38 VK then I can literally hold off entire Black Garden teams from grabbing the fang long enough for my whole team to respawn and then come back to save me. This isn't hyperbole, either. I've done that exact thing 7 times now today alone.

No. Now, you might be thinking of Cabalists, in which case they can produce some seriously frightening numbers, sure. But their ability to do so is very situational and limited in viability and for this reason I find it to be in a good spot. MMs spamming fanout is a bit bothersome, sure, but every one that does that is NOT using eradicate, so they're actually being less effective than they should be. Mage AoE isn't all that tough and can easily be walked right out of.

tissues for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by djluxi View Post
    Listen to this man, he has done some extensive testing and calculating and has come to this conclusion. All pvp will stop existing unless u take action and and follow the 3 carefully designed steps he posted here... then pvp can start again. Until then all your souls are belong to us.

Seems legit.
    I used to be legit. I was too legit. I was too legit to quit. but now I'm not legit. I'm unlegit. And for that reason, I must quit.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Disciple

Dear Trion,

Some suggestions to make world PvP viable (aside from the fact that there really isn't a point to it other than insulting the other team in /yell and zerging)

1) Make me never get kited by any ranged player.
    2) I would like to not die in PVP, if possible. Ever.
    3) I would appreciate if you could make it so i could stand in the pretty colored circles on the ground.

Thanks,
    me
    Redneckx R8 (Warrior): Minimal threat, 500 or lower dps on dummies
    <Banished>

And rainbows! We must have rainbows!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    And rainbows! We must have rainbows!
    Needs more ponies, too.

A rainbow color pony mount... warriors get it free!

+ Reply to Thread